MARTIN LEWIS Q&A WITH RISHI SUNAK
Chancellor Rishi Sunak joined Martin for a video Q&A to discuss the cost of living support package that was recently announced - you can watch it HERE

Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

in Phones & TV
4.7K replies 874.4K views

Replies

• Kodi32Kodi32 Forumite
    24 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Cancelled my sky tv and broadband over two weeks ago hoping to get offered some amazing don't go package deal.
    still not heard anything via email, APP or phone or via my account online.
    Two weeks to go, So fingers crossed!
    Tried to look for a Live Chat facility for retention's to get things moving, but they don't seem to have an option for this department, only upgrades.
    Anyone know how to find the live chat for the Don't Go, Stay with us department?
  • Kodi32Kodi32 Forumite
    24 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Couldn't find live chat so phoned them instead.
    i'm in cancellation status, the best they could offer me was £83 per month + £10 admin.
    Signature £16, Sports £12, BT Sports £24, HD £3, Fibre Broadband £28
    Said No, think i can do better...

• datdatlondondatdatlondon Forumite
    11 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Yes that doesn't sound as good as what I was offered on online chat. 

Try this link for the chat

sky.com/reviewmyoptions 
  • Mat_LockMat_Lock Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get a new letter every day from SKY asking me to come back, little do they realise I already am back but because of their antics, as a new customer.

The offers I am getting are £23 a month for the base package (signature, ultimate on demand) and then I got dropped a sky sports offer today of £22. WOW that's like amazing, NOT !!!

Desperation from them yet not willing to give existing,renewing customers actually decent offers. 
  • paulst78paulst78 Forumite
    14 Posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    Try www.sky.com/comeback10 that's where I had my good offer
  • OldDIYerOldDIYer Forumite
    121 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Yea it's a bit annoying but worth it to get a good deal. I got through to a real person today but didn't take the deal.... Waiting to see what happens next! 
    Just offered £71 on very polite chat for Sig/Ult/Kids/Sports/Cinema/HD/Multi/UHD which they say is the best they can do, but it's way above your TV offer (mostly on Sports £19!).  I've given 31 days' notice.
  • OldDIYerOldDIYer Forumite
    121 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    After giving notice, how long do you have to wait for offers?
    And, where do you find them on the app and webpage?
  • HH62HH62 Forumite
    434 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    OldDIYer said:
    After giving notice, how long do you have to wait for offers?
    And, where do you find them on the app and webpage?
    I cancelled last Tuesday, I had a missed call from them yesterday. No deals showing on the app or webpage.

• Bobo2009Bobo2009 Forumite
    8 Posts
    Third Anniversary First Post
    My Sky tv went off last tuesday and apart from a generic letter with poor offer i’ve heard nothing from them except for a text saying they'd send me a box to return all the  sky boxes. So it looks like after 14 years they are not interested in keeping me as a customer.
  • roberts90roberts90 Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I was offered Sky Signature, Sky Sports and Superfast Fibre for £68 (can't remember the breakdown) which I thought was a dreadful deal so continued with the cancellation on Sunday. 
    Received an email with a link through to live chat with a deal last night and was offered:
    Sky Signature £14
    HD £3
    UHD £1
    Sky Sports £12
    Superfast Fibre £28
    Total £58
    £20 admin fee
    Still didn't fancy that either after seeing some of the offers on here so hoping I will still be yet to get a phone call. For people who have continually tried the live chat, are you just going back on your own accord or are you being sent things to go back and try again?