Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• How long after cancelling did it take for people to receive calls/emails with offers? 

Still haven’t had anything yet. Even on the my sky app when I click on review offer it just says it can’t process my request.
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi guys, my bill is about to start going up next month. Below you can see what I`m currently paying, on the messaging service with Sky right now. Do you think the below offer is decent or should I be pushing for more here? TIA

3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • Bobo2009
    Bobo2009 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    shavy65 said:
    Hi guys, my bill is about to start going up next month. Below you can see what I`m currently paying, on the messaging service with Sky right now. Do you think the below offer is decent or should I be pushing for more here? TIA

My Sky went off on monday because the cheapest they would give me was Signature £16, Ultimate £6, HD £3, UHD £4 and Multiscreen £10 so £39, that was down from initial £59 they wanted. 
    I had been on above for £26 contract so wasn't prepared to pay over the odds when i had seen people getting better offers on here. I had been with them just under 15 years and she tried to tell me i would get more deals at 15 years plus which is rubbish.

• shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    My Sky went off on monday because the cheapest they would give me was Signature £16, Ultimate £6, HD £3, UHD £4 and Multiscreen £10 so £39, that was down from initial £59 they wanted. 
    I had been on above for £26 contract so wasn't prepared to pay over the odds when i had seen people getting better offers on here. I had been with them just under 15 years and she tried to tell me i would get more deals at 15 years plus which is rubbish.

Thanks Bobo, I`m about to do the same. The guys gone on a 1 hour break at the moment though so waiting til he returns haha. I quoted some of the prices I`ve seen on here and he`s refusing to believe it, even after offering to send him proof in the for of a screenshot. Still claimed £49 was best he could do, will see what he comes back with before cancelling.

On another note the guys name is Nathan, first time I`ve not had an Indian in years, but Nathans broken English chat leads me to believe this is not his real name. Odd strategy. 
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • Vegastare
    Vegastare Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 13 January 2022 at 3:46PM
    I think we are in contract till May and partner this time will walk if there is no deal, he feels that Sky have become so diluted and this is not recognised in the price, sports is so hit an miss as so many providers in the game.
    They were the top of there league a few years back.
    I just looked at our package and what is Multiscreen - I thought that was now signature .   Worst is he will not talk to them as he gets so worked up at there stalling tactics

can I ask do you think phone or online chat gets best results.
  • So...i contacted Sky before Christmas to cancel my TV services as i was out of contract on 14/01/22 i have spoke to three advisors since via live chat to see what the best deal is they can offer, the best they have offered me so far is:

Sky Signature £16
    Ultimate TV £6
    Sky Sports £12
    Sky HD £3
    Sky UHD £2

One-off admin charge £20

Total £39

Before my discounted deal ended i was paying the following:

Sky Signature £11
    Ultimate TV £5
    Sky Sports £10
    Sky HD £3
    Sky UHD £1

Total £30

I have been using freeview all week to see how i get on and honestly all i need is a freeview recorder am i'll be happy to ditch Sky for good, for the sake of 2-3 live football games per month and the occasional F1 race i think i am better off without them, they may offer me a deal after disconnection but it will have to be the same or less than i was paying before for me to even consider it. Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent freeview recorder? Thanks :-)
  • Mat_Lock
    Mat_Lock Posts: 2,386 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    shavy65 said:

That's very good but I can't wait to sack SKY off (11 more months left) from all this scummy practice where everyone pays diffrent pricing depending on who you speak to. I tried all I could 6 months ago to get a good deal while I was still in contract. Day after contract ended I called up and asked to come back on a deal they offered. The guy sent me to a new customer phone system and the person signed me up as a new customer for more money than what i was offered before it cancelled. Also losing my 7 years tenure.

Even with that discount it's a joke compared to what others have been quoted. Compared to yours I am paying £5 more for Signature. £1 less for Ultimate TV Addon but then I don't have SKy Kids because they wouldnt give it to me for less than £4 and I am paying for Sky HD £4.20 and you even getting UHD for free as well as HD and you are getting Multiscteen too

TV
    £29.20
    Sky Signature
    £21.00
    Ultimate TV Add on
    £4.00
    Sky HD
    £4.20
    Sky Go Extra
    FREE
    Broadband & Talk
    £18.00
    Sky WiFi
    FREE
    Sky Pay As You Talk
    FREE
    Sky Broadband Superfast
    £18.00
    Sky Talk Line Rental
    FREE
    Bill total £47.20

• psamuel
    psamuel Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    thebazbox said:
    So...i contacted Sky before Christmas to cancel my TV services as i was out of contract on 14/01/22 i have spoke to three advisors since via live chat to see what the best deal is they can offer, the best they have offered me so far is:

Sky Signature £16
    Ultimate TV £6
    Sky Sports £12
    Sky HD £3
    Sky UHD £2

One-off admin charge £20

Total £39

Before my discounted deal ended i was paying the following:

Sky Signature £11
    Ultimate TV £5
    Sky Sports £10
    Sky HD £3
    Sky UHD £1

Total £30

I have been using freeview all week to see how i get on and honestly all i need is a freeview recorder am i'll be happy to ditch Sky for good, for the sake of 2-3 live football games per month and the occasional F1 race i think i am better off without them, they may offer me a deal after disconnection but it will have to be the same or less than i was paying before for me to even consider it. Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent freeview recorder? Thanks :-)
    Just switched to BT using the pro box, currently entertainment package is £8 for 3 months then £16. no activation charge, all free. was 59.99 before xmas.
    Recordings up to 4 channels at the same time, really impressed with the kit. 
    With so many apps for streaming like you i do not believe sky are giving value for money, and the 18 month sweat on prices is ridiculous.
    To purchase a recording box, which i also considered , thought i may as well try BT for their box which is currently free.
     left sky after 18 years.
  • rexel
    rexel Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    just received a email stay with us sky tv sky cinema sky sports £33 per month  £10 dim fee no breakdown on tv channel costs
  • ad_cska
    ad_cska Posts: 15 Forumite
    Got a call from outbound retentions today, offered and accepted this as its similar to what I am paying at the moment. I pushed harder but they weren't having any of it - they said they had no further wiggle room. Looking above though, I'm not convinced that was the case.

Not sure what your thoughts are?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure