Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

in Phones & TV
4.7K replies 874.5K views

Replies

• SkilfulbobSkilfulbob Forumite
    2 Posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Cancelled two weeks ago and still heard nothing. Been with Sky 9 years, but they were really playing hardball regarding discounts. Approaching squeaky bum time!

Apologies for the obvious question, but where can you find live chat on the Sky website?  Does it just kick in during a virtual assistant chat?

• Mat_LockMat_Lock Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cancelled two weeks ago and still heard nothing. Been with Sky 9 years, but they were really playing hardball regarding discounts. Approaching squeaky bum time!

Apologies for the obvious question, but where can you find live chat on the Sky website?  Does it just kick in during a virtual assistant chat?

You have enabled contact preferences in your account? They can't email, SMS, call or send you letters of renewal, come back offers unless you have these enabled.
  • SkilfulbobSkilfulbob Forumite
    2 Posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Mat_Lock said:

You have enabled contact preferences in your account? They can't email, SMS, call or send you letters of renewal, come back offers unless you have these enabled.
    Thanks for that.  I have them all checked and always have, but outside of price rises and contract renewal time, I never hear from them! Didn't seem much of a problem till now!

Looks like a grovelling phone call in a week or so...

• datdatlondondatdatlondon Forumite
    11 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

Sky customer of 11 years here and Sky VIP. Was paying £112 with discounts previously for basically everything available. The offers ended and full price of package was then £157. Best offer was £119 so I cancelled 11 days ago. No news from Sky but then got the text saying its not too late to come back... 

Joined an online chat today and was offered the following -

Sky Signature at £18 a month (that's a £13 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Sky Ultimate Netflix at £6 a month
    Kids at £1 (that's a £4 discount)
    HD at £3 (that's a £4 discount)
    Complete Sports at £6 (that's a £26 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Cinema at £11 (that's a £8 discount when keeping Sports/with an 18-month contract)
    Sky Q Multiscreen at £10 (with an 18-month contract)
    Ultra HD £4

Sky Broadband Superfast including line rental, at £28.00 (that's a £5 discount with an 18-month contract)

That brings total to £87.00 a month, saving £1170 over the 18 months.

They then offered to waive the admin fee of £10 and reduce package to £83.

Wouldn't budge any further on that.

Wondering if that's the best I'm going to get for essentially everything possible?

I used to have international talk extra for £15 which I have now dropped as well as WiFi boost which was £5. So if you add those to my offer of £83 it means price of £103. Which is not a huge saving over what I was paying before at £112.

Any thoughts welcome on whether its worth holding out longer? 
  • OldDIYerOldDIYer Forumite
    121 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Hi all,

Sky customer of 11 years here and Sky VIP. Was paying £112 with discounts previously for basically everything available. The offers ended and full price of package was then £157. Best offer was £119 so I cancelled 11 days ago. No news from Sky but then got the text saying its not too late to come back... 

Cinema at £11 (that's a £8 discount when keeping Sports/with an 18-month contract)
    Ultra HD £4

Sky Broadband Superfast including line rental, at £28.00 (that's a £5 discount with an 18-month contract)

Wondering if that's the best I'm going to get for essentially everything possible?

I used to have international talk extra for £15 which I have now dropped as well as WiFi boost which was £5. So if you add those to my offer of £83 it means price of £103. Which is not a huge saving over what I was paying before at £112.

It looks quite good to me compared to what others have got & it's less than I'm paying now (for TV, I don't have broadband with Sky).  Sports for £6 looks very cheap.  No HD on sports? Did you actually get cut off or just give notice?
    11 Posts
    Thank you. Yes it's HD sports as well. 

Haven't been cut off yet. Got 3 weeks til final cut off date. Cancelled and in notice period at moment 
  • OldDIYerOldDIYer Forumite
    121 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Thank you. Yes it's HD sports as well. 

Haven't been cut off yet. Got 3 weeks til final cut off date. Cancelled and in notice period at moment 
    Thanks, my contract runs to 18/02, so I've started a chat but not got to a real person yet.  I'll probably be giving 31 days notice too.  It's a pain though, isn't it?
    11 Posts
    Yea it's a bit annoying but worth it to get a good deal. I got through to a real person today but didn't take the deal.... Waiting to see what happens next! 
  • edited 19 January at 3:22AM
    mits999mits999 Forumite
    112 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 19 January at 3:22AM
    Hi all,

Ultra HD £4

Not a good deal 

signature can be had for £11 to £16
    ultimate Netflix £4 to £5
    cinema £5 to £8 
    kids and hd seems ok
    sports can be get at low as £4 but your price is good
    multiroom £7 to £10
    ultra hd free
    superfast broadband max £17
    anytime calls for free

hope this helps 
    11 Posts
    Thank you very much. That's what I feared, appreciate the info. I'll hold out