Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yertiz wrote: »
    Switched to Avro 14 months ago from EDF. Never a problem with the switch, uploading readings or communications until now, when I have switched to Pure Planet. (December 2018). Since then I've had my bank account raided twice by Avro who have 'forgotten' to cancel the Direct Debit. The price hike was over 30% on the old tariff - hence the switch - but can I get through to them? Big resounding NO. Emails are ignored, phones never connect - or when they do, the options open are 1 - New Customer or 2 - anything else. Option 2, when selected, cuts you off. Option 1, no one answers anyway. Next step if they don't return my money will be the Ombudsman or small claims.:(

You can follow their complaints process here - 8 weeks later, if not resolved to your satisfaction you can escalate it to the Ombudsman
    https://www.avroenergy.co.uk/Complaints
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yertiz wrote: »
    . . . Next step if they don't return my money will be the Ombudsman or small claims.:(
    As dobibill says above you can raise the matter with the Ombudsman.

If you have already raised the issue with Avro then you only need to wait until 8 weeks after you first raised the issue - i.e. from when you first raised the matter by email (preferably), letter or phone (if you have a record of the call).
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • bel-acqua
    Options
    This is my experience since switching away from Avro:

- 9 week wait for my final bill
    - 2 week wait with no reply to an e-mail asking for an update
    - 30mins on hold. Told that we were waiting on the dispute department. Email was received and was also with the dispute department but no one thought to provide an update. Told that the matter would be sorted by the end of the day. The matter wasn't sorted by the end of the day.
    - Received the final bill the next day.
    - Switch away was blocked (and I missed a deal) because the account was in debit. First time this has happened with a supplier. Could they not add it to the final bill?
    - Before I received my final bill the website said I was in over £200 in credit even though after I settled my debit to enable the switch I sent one direct debit payment of £54. This has been fixed to the correct amount with the final bill.
    - For one month on the usage graph it said I had used no gas which made no sense. It didn't match the statement too.
    - If you download a statement using the drop down you can't then log out! It just downloads more statements.
    - You can't even copy the account number for your Trust Pilot review. There are no words for how abysmal their website is.

On the plus side the switch over to Avro in the first place went fine. :rotfl:
  • wrongplanet
    Options
    I'd better chase MSE/CEC for my cashback, still not received after switching four months back. As reported earlier in this thread, Avro told them the switch didn't go through.
    MSE/CEC have come back saying they contacted Avro about this as a result of my email of late November but have had no response.
  • Consumerist
    edited 6 February 2019 at 11:41PM
    Options
    MSE/CEC have come back saying they contacted Avro about this as a result of my email of late November but have had no response.
    The new supplier is responsible for the switch so you could contact them to chase it up. If you're not happy with their response then you can start their complaints procedure.

If Avro objected to the transfer without good reason then you can start Avro's complaints procedure. They are required to advise you of the reason for any objection.

I have tended to use MSE's resolver complaint tool to make energy complaints. Not because I don't know how to complain but to avoid the possibility that energy suppliers deny you have raised the issue with them. Resolver keeps a record of all email communications and will forward the file to the Ombudsman at your request. Just a thought.

Edit
    Sorry, I've just gone back over your recent posts and it seems you changed tariff with Avro rather than switched supplier so, of course, you should complain to Avro. I'd still use MSE's resolver complaints tool to be on the safe side. :o
  • vdbogdanov
    Options
    The site updates seem to be erratic and delayed for weeks. Now DD taken on 1 Feb, the site shows the balance as of 11 Jan (the last meter reading). The Dec bill was delayed - had to email them to produce it, took a couple of weeks. And their site systematically shows a warning that their phones will be off half a day tomorrow.

I'll probably switch and cancel the DD now just to save myself the troubles of refunding it in the future - they're clearly having operational problems :(
  • Consumerist
    Options
    vdbogdanov wrote: »
    The site updates seem to be erratic and delayed for weeks. Now DD taken on 1 Feb, the site shows the balance as of 11 Jan (the last meter reading). . .
    Apparently, Avro only updates online accounts when a new statement has been issued. That has been my experience too.
  • wrongplanet
    wrongplanet Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 7 February 2019 at 9:51AM
    Options
    vdbogdanov wrote: »
    And their site systematically shows a warning that their phones will be off half a day tomorrow.
    Showing the same today. They couldn't be putting their call handlers on half days in an attempt to save money could they?
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 February 2019 at 12:28PM
    Options
    Showing the same today. They couldn't be putting their call handlers on half days in an attempt to save money could they?

Could be a possibility the way things are going with them. I think they were closing the phones 1 day a week a few months ago supposedly for 'staff training'. This is now a frequent occurrence with various different reasons stated.

I can't access their facebook page since they blocked me for daring to try & warn people how dire the service was & saying go to the ombudsman as soon as you can as they weren't dealing with any queries effectively, so I can't see any recent comments if they're even still allowing them.

Lots of recent complaints on twitter though & looks like they're still contacting new customers to post reviews on trust pilot in exchange for entry into a prize draw. If you filter the reviews to 1 & 2 stars though there's a definite increase in complaints from when I last looked before xmas, all saying similar to what's being posted here.

I'll be amazed if they're still in business in 3 months time...
  • Consumerist
    Options
    . . .I'll be amazed if they're still in business in 3 months time...
    From these reports, it is looking more and more as though they may be going the same way as Economy Energy. Personally, I'll be happy if they make it through till spring when my contract ends.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback