Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• wrongplanet
    Options
    I can't access their facebook page since they blocked me...
    You mean you only have one FB account? Surely everyone has at least two if only to deal with situations like this.
    ...they're still contacting new customers to post reviews on trust pilot in exchange for entry into a prize draw.
    Here's Trustpilot's take on this at item 3:
    https://support.trustpilot.com/hc/en-us/articles/207408777-5-best-practices-for-creating-review-invitations
  • Yertiz
    Options
    No phone system in place this morning - are they working afternoon shifts instead? I have a real concern they are about to crash and burn, taking my money with them....
  • gokarna
    Options
    Not answering the phones this afternoon either, just get cut off. I am thinking of ending my deal early as there are no penalties. Just concerned that if I do and they go bust it would be more difficult to get the large credit back that is on my account.
  • gokarna
    Options
    Just emailed Avro support, the response time is 5-10 working days instead of the 24 hours that they promise.
  • chambkan
    Options
    Switch to Avro went well.

The Switch away is still going on 3 months after requesting to switch.

First they objected
    second it took the 1 month for electricity and 2 for gas
    Then they have over estimated the gas which we have had to raise a dispute with our current supplier.

One word of advice - cancel the direct debit - they continue to take it after switching. So not including the settlement payment - they have taken an extra £500

I have asked again for a final bill and rebate - nightmare

martin
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    chambkan wrote: »
    . . . Then they have over estimated the gas which we have had to raise a dispute with our current supplier. . .
    Another word of advice. Don't dispute the overestimated meter readings.

In the short term, it will cost you more than you originally planned for but it's a fair bet that, at the moment, your new supplier is charging higher rates than Avro was charging - so the more consumption you have at Avro's prices the better off you will be in the long run.

I can only hope the same will happen to me when I switch from Avro. :)
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • gingercordial
    Options
    Poor experiences here with Avro.

Joined them in October 2017. Generally fine with £69 DD being taken monthly. However from July 2018 they stopped updating our account online - no statements despite giving regular readings. We reckoned we were somewhat in credit though.

Switched away in early October 2018 to Bulb. Switch actually went through just after the start of November. Avro DD was not taken at the start of November - good at least!

Various requests were made and ignored through November/December/January for a final statement and any idea of whether there was a credit or debit on the account. Impossible to get through on the phones. I did not cancel the DD in case there was a payment/refund to be made via that route - I would hate to "miss" a payment if they tried to take one and have that affect our credit files.

At the start of January Avro suddenly took £97 by DD without warning. No way to get hold of them to explain. No mention on our online account that we had switched at all... No idea if this was a final bill with us owing them that much (which seemed unlikely) or what.

My husband did manage to get through to them once in early January and asked them to look into it - they didn't have a clue what was going on. He tried chasing since and the phone lines were always closed. We were starting to worry they were going under.

This morning I am pleased to say we have had a refund of £62 unannounced into our bank account. Logging on, there is a final statement so they do at least now admit we have left!

I am not 100% sure it is right - I know we did owe them for the first week of November, and it seems we've paid £35 (£97 taken less £62 refunded) on leaving which implies we were slightly in debit. But I can't be bothered to deal with them any more.

We are lucky that we could afford to front the unannounced £97 charge, and I know that would have been disastrous for some people especially just after Christmas.

We have now downloaded the final statement and I am cancelling the DD today so they can't do anything else. I would never go back - the admin is just too frustrating. I wouldn't be surprised if they do go under.
  • Leear
    Leear Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Now it makes sense:-) LOL:rotfl:

1. I wrote to Avro in January and asked for a an actual report of my usage and costs (month by month) for the last 12 months?

I was told they don't do that and I should look at my statements (all 12)!

2. The Avro Usage charts (on-line showing their estimated usage and my actual energy usage each month, has always been out) So much so that it showed me only 13kWh use for December 2018!

This is what they wrote back:-
    Thank you for your email.!

The information used on your online chart pulls information from the statements we provide to you each month.!

Because the chart is calculating your usage from the 1st-1st and your being billed from the 30th-30th this information isn't always completely accurate.!

If you ever see an anomaly such as this, it is best to refer back to your original statement for your accurate usage.!

I hope this helps.!
    Kind Regards,
  • Shenstone
    Options
    We went with Avro last year and recently did a renewal and I am really wishing we did not

We are in credit - they will not pay it back even though this was said to happen before the renewal went through

They have actioned the new price in the renewal despite us not hitting the renewal date yet

Their phone lines are only open during working hours and rarely answered even then

They do not respond to emails even to acknowledge receiving them

One to AVOID imo

Regards
    Andy
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Shenstone wrote: »
    We went with Avro last year and recently did a renewal and I am really wishing we did not

We are in credit - they will not pay it back even though this was said to happen before the renewal went through
    It'll be carried forward and maybe used to reduce the monthly amount paid. But if you want it back, ask and I'm sure they will send it to you ... but they may increase your monthly paymenst as a result
    They have actioned the new price in the renewal despite us not hitting the renewal date yet
    Unless the agreed otherwise before you transferred, that is quite usual across the whole industry
    Their phone lines are only open during working hours and rarely answered even then

They do not respond to emails even to acknowledge receiving them

One to AVOID imo

Regards
    Andy

Presumably, none of this has changed recently, and yet you decided to renew with this supplier after being presumably content with them last year :cool:

Welcome to MSE, btw :hello:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure