Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Catriona_P wrote: »
    My bills havn't been updated since November. I submitted meter readings in December and February which are registered on their system but no updated bills. My account is still saying it is £421 in credit (from November), my usage is far less than any of their estimates so I assume will be even higher by now and despite asking for a refund in December I havn't had it.
    Reading other posts here I'm really concerned and considering switching supplier as a way to get my money back - is this what I should be doing?
    You could send them an email about the statements or some have had success by posting on Facebook.

Mid-winter is not the best time to ask for refunds. Maybe try again around April/May when they will find it harder to object to you having a zero balance.

Switching supplier is one way to get your refund. Unless your concern is that Avro might go under then it might be better to stay with Avro if they give the best deal which suits your needs.

With winter nearly over and energy demand lower than expected for winter, it is probable that Avro has survived the worst for this year. Next winter might be another matter, of course.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • wrongplanet
    wrongplanet Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    victor2 wrote: »
    mmmm, signed up specially to post this.
    if it looks like canned pork, smells like canned pork, it probably is :spam:
    I'm assuming this is a development of their bribing new customers to post positive reviews in return for entry in a lottery as reported here.
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Most Avro tariffs have no exit fee, so what's to stop you ?

After a mild winter and low demand for the time of year, I wonder if is this an indication that energy prices have peaked for the time being. :j

Because when I try to do it online it says my current tariff ends on 10/02/20 and my new tariff will start 10/02/20.
  • Larmani
    Options
    Waiting for a review after acruing far too much (now up to £800!). They said they’d review withing 10-15 working days...still nothing. I’m going to suspend my direct debit as this is getting ridiculous.
  • Leear
    Leear Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    What are the AVRO meter reading codes?

I understand C is Customer, E is Estimate and I now have an N, :o which I don't know and are there any others?:o
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,603 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Leear wrote: »

I understand C is Customer, E is Estimate and I now have an N, :o which I don't know and are there any others?:o

No idea (me that is, not Avro, but maybe it does mean that!), but you could try dropping them an email asking. It seems to take them a week to respond to emails, but I'm sure you can wait for that bit of knowledge. Do let us know if you find out.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Consumerist
    Options
    Leear wrote: »
    I think that probably means a meter reader took the reading (Network ?). Other suppliers use an 'A' (Actual).
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,603 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think that probably means a meter reader took the reading (Network ?). Other suppliers use an 'A' (Actual).
    I had an R on a statement after a meter reader had been. Of course, that could just have been Random. ;)

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I doubt it. I can see that three times last year I had N against one fuel and C against the other on the exact day of the month I supplied both readings online.

Difficult to apply logic to Avro, though. A good thing for all of us that A. V. Roe was a better-run business.

I wonder if that is where they pinched the name from?
  • Consumerist
    Options
    Larmani wrote: »
    Waiting for a review after acruing far too much (now up to £800!). They said they’d review withing 10-15 working days...still nothing. I’m going to suspend my direct debit as this is getting ridiculous.
    I think you might need to careful here. They might put on to their standard variable tariff if you cancel the DD.

I'm not sure whether you can 'suspend' a DD - either the mandate is in place and Avro are entitled to use it or the DD is cancelled and then they can't.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback