Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• ANGLICANPAT
    ANGLICANPAT Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you Consumerist . Leccy and ST the same, so seems it a good move then . I suppose now I need to keep checking every couple of weeks to see if a new lower one comes out from Avro for a brief visit whilst facing warmer weather.
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The new AVRO tariff is definitely cheaper than the previous Winter one and reflects a fall in Wholesale prices recently.

I intend to monitor closely to be sure it remains their best tariff.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    . . . I suppose now I need to keep checking every couple of weeks to see if a new lower one comes out from Avro for a brief visit whilst facing warmer weather.
    Or you could sign up to MSE <Cheap Energy Club> and they should do that for you. Set up your own criteria for a switch. If there is no exit penalty from Avro then the world is your lobster.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • coldinstaffordshire
    Options
    Avro is rubbish, how do I switch from them, they haven't even updated that my switch has been complete since last October

I have had no information from them regarding how much I'm spending. Sure, I get reminded on the 19th to submit my readings.

Which I do.

And then nothing.

I asked back in December what I owed, and someone told me. The website updated. Woohoo.

Now it's March and still no update on the site. I have absolutely NO IDEA how much I'm spending

According to the Cheap Energy Club, the switch isn't yet complete. Yet I moved on 19th October. Have I seen a cashback? No idea.

Now of course there is probably a £60 fee to leave them.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear about all the trouble you're having (I had a nightmare with Co-op a few years back and would never use them again). It's really odd how different customers can have such widely varied experiences with Avro. I was nervous when I signed up with them the first time in February 2018, based on some stinking reviews I read (although there were some good ones too) and fully expected to have problems, but have been genuinely surprised (and pleased) that, touch wood, things have been fine. Neither of the two fixed tariffs I've had with Avro have had cancellation fees - small comfort, I know.
  • coldinstaffordshire
    coldinstaffordshire Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 9 March 2019 at 8:32PM
    Options
    Small comfort as you say, but you made me smile :)

Thanks! Glad its working properly for you - to make me happy all they need to do is [STRIKE]send a statement[/STRIKE] update my web portal with my usage stats now and again and set my account to "switched" -- in this day and age it should be oh so easy to do that ;)
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ... to make me happy all they need to do is send a statement now and again ...

They've never sent me a statement - but I'm fine with that. It is, after all, part of my agreement with Avro that they won't send me statements.
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No, they've never sent me a statement either, you have to go and look for them on the website.
    They normally appear 3 or 4 days after you meter reading is due.
  • wrongplanet
    wrongplanet Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 10 March 2019 at 10:09AM
    Options
    Seems that Avro hasn't been playing the game with smart meters and Ofgem has threatened them with a ban on new customers as a result:
    https://utilityweek.co.uk/avro-energy-breach-smart-meter-rollout-requirement/

[Edit] Forgot that site lets you have one view of a page without signing up. Searching on "avro energy customer ban" brings up loads of alternatives.
  • coldinstaffordshire
    Options
    I mis-spoke. I don't want a statement, I want the website updated. The last data on the website shows me my December usage, and nothing since.

Pretty poor. Keeping a website up to date would seem the easiest part of running an energy company!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback