Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    That is poor and completely inexplicable - if they can manage it for my account, why not yours? Did you get your Welcome pack (email) back in October?
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,630 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Seems that Avro hasn't been playing the game with smart meters and Ofgem has threatened them with a ban on new customers as a result:
    https://utilityweek.co.uk/avro-energy-breach-smart-meter-rollout-requirement/
    Another indication that they are on the slippery slope to ceasing to exist?

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Which would be a pity because we need more competition in the industry, not less.
  • wrongplanet
    Options
    victor2 wrote: »
    Another indication that they are on the slippery slope to ceasing to exist?
    Well yes. Ignoring Ofgem's smart meter requirements would seem to indicate a company that doesn't think it has a future.
  • coldinstaffordshire
    Options
    My thoughts exactly...

I got an email back in October but I don't think I'd call it a welcome pack. Nothing through the post either, which some people said they'd received.

Time to move again I think. No reply regarding my account either :(
  • wrongplanet
    wrongplanet Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 March 2019 at 10:56AM
    Options
    Pretty poor. Keeping a website up to date would seem the easiest part of running an energy company!
    So far as I can see the only change to their website since October 2017 is the removal of their telephone number under Contact Us a few weeks back while still keeping the stock call centre images.
  • bernshaw27
    Options
    I switched from Avro Every to British Gas on 9November 2018. Avro set me an email conforming the switch and telling me I should receive a final invoice within 8 weeks. I have not heard from them and sent a reminder email on 11 January again requesting a final invoice. I received a reply stating that I would hear from them within 5 days. I have not received any emails or correspondence since then and sent a reminder email on 10 February. I have tried telephoning on a number of occasions but have been unable to speak to anyone. There is a credit balance of approximately £500 which I would like repaid.
  • steviec2
    steviec2 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello

They are okay to switch to, but they overcharged me and no matter how many times I told them I was overpaying they just would not look into my account properly. I ended up coming out of winter £400 in credit. When I requested a refund they gave me £100 and said I needed to stay in credit even though I was still overpaying monthly, and going into summertime.
    I am owed £300 and find tweeting them is the only way to make contact, they occasionally respond to emails but I don’t even try phoning. I assume they no longer have phones? My advice to anybody thinking of joining is don’t do it and avoid! For a few pounds extra you can get a decent service. I can only assume that the reviews for Avro are artificially high due to people switching and instantly reviewing even though they have no experience of issues arising with them.
    I am unsure if I will get my £300 back which they sent me an email stating that I would receive back 10 working days from the end of the week after I receive said email.... this has passed and still no cash?
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    steviec2 wrote: »
    . . . I can only assume that the reviews for Avro are artificially high due to people switching and instantly reviewing even though they have no experience of issues arising with them.
    I am unsure if I will get my £300 back which they sent me an email stating that I would receive back 10 working days from the end of the week after I receive said email.... this has passed and still no cash?
    I think the reviews received are probably a symptom, on MSE anyway, of the question being asked. If your troubles start when you leave Avro then by the time you experience them you have already moved on.

But the review question asks you to assess your current supplier - not your last one. So suppliers don't get reviewed on what happens when you leave.

If I think that a supplier is dragging its feet over a refund then starting their complaints procedure usually gets their attention. For energy suppliers I use MSE's complaints tool resolver. That way they can't deny you have complained.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • steviec2
    steviec2 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don’t think I am excluded from reviewing because I am a previous customer, I added the review as a customer with experience from initially joining to leaving so I have experienced them from start to finish.
    I am currently in the process of getting money back and will follow the process as you say but hopefully without needing the template letters.
    The thread is not for existing customers only, it is Avro Energy reviews give your feedback.
    I just want others to be warned that the company is poor in its service.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback