Options
1392393394395396398»

Comments

• MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    2010 said:
    Bulb to follow Avro, but with triple the number of customers forced into higher bills and to who knows which supplier.

Highly unlikely they would be able to place the customers with a SoLR, odds are this would be an extended period of administration under Teneo acting as the 'Special Administrator', while they figure out how to parcel it up.

• kokolino23
    Options
    I'll go through the previous comments as well but I was wondering what you people did since Avro went busted?
    I left my DD running and Avro kept taking the monthly payment.
    The switch to Octopus will be completed next week so should I setup a DD with them as well so they can start taking payments from November or December?
    What about tarrif? They've put us on Flexible Avro, apparently a great-value variable tariff.
    Prices (including VAT) are:
    • A standing charge of 24.86p per day and 20.99p/kWh for your electricity.
    • A standing charge of 26.11p per day and 4.13p/kWh for your gas.
    Is it worth having a look for a cheaper tarrif with either Octopus or a different supplier? If we move to a different supplier will take a while and I'm not sure what's the benefit considering the current market.

Thanks
  • K1977
    K1977 Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'll go through the previous comments as well but I was wondering what you people did since Avro went busted?
    I left my DD running and Avro kept taking the monthly payment.
    The switch to Octopus will be completed next week so should I setup a DD with them as well so they can start taking payments from November or December?
    What about tarrif? They've put us on Flexible Avro, apparently a great-value variable tariff.
    Prices (including VAT) are:
    • A standing charge of 24.86p per day and 20.99p/kWh for your electricity.
    • A standing charge of 26.11p per day and 4.13p/kWh for your gas.
    Is it worth having a look for a cheaper tarrif with either Octopus or a different supplier? If we move to a different supplier will take a while and I'm not sure what's the benefit considering the current market.

Thanks
    I cancelled my DD with Avro as soon as I heard they had gone bust, it's going to take quite a while by the looks of it before any credits or DD payments you have made will be transferred over to Octopus, I would cancel your DD with Avro, set new one up with Octopus and just keep your usual payments aside in your bank account until Octopus are ready to start collecting them
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    . . . Is it worth having a look for a cheaper tarrif with either Octopus or a different supplier? If we move to a different supplier will take a while and I'm not sure what's the benefit considering the current market. . .
    As you might know, MSE's advice is to do nothing - stay on the Flexible Avro until April. Most agree that's good advice.

>:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    2010 Posts: 5,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 November 2021 at 9:41AM
    Options
    This thread seems a bit extinct now Avro`s gone under.
    It might be easier to keep up with events regarding the switch to Octopus if we all post on this thread.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6299913/octopus-energy-takes-on-avro-customers#latest
  • wrongplanet
    Options
    2010 said:
    It might be easier to keep up with events regarding the switch to Octopus if we all post on this thread.
    Makes sense. I was wondering when this thread would die. Thanks for the link.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback