Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• oliverbrown
    Options
    Go slow?  Maybe the Avro staff are making good money from the administrators!
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,630 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Maybe the administrators are buried in the financial mess Avro got themselves into!

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• youravinalarrrf
    Options
    The real reasons for this could be many and varied and it's all speculation but I think it's more probable that Ofgem in their rush to wash their hands of the matter in an attempt to avoid the further embarrassment of yet another supplier going bust on their watch have awarded the Avro administrators an extremely lucrative contract and continued their trend of not carrying out full and proper due diligence checks and/or not provided a strict timetable for the completion of the various stages of the work involved as part of that contract.
    Of course another possibility is that the Avro administrators may have uncovered and are trying to unravel the possible fraudulent actions of the previous Avro directors which would throw a completely different light on matters and possibly involve external investigative agencies.
    Regardless of the real reason it will all come out in the wash eventually.
    2010 Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 27 October 2021 at 10:42AM
    Options
    What won`t "come out in the wash" is any directors of Avro being investigated and "put behind bars if guilty" instead of living it up with their millionaire life styles.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10024511/How-Avro-Energy-propped-advanced-customer-fees-went-bust-gas-prices-spiked.html
  • K1977
    K1977 Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    2010 said:
    2010 said:
    It looks like we`re going to get bills from Octo before our credit is transferred from Avro.
    I think it's more likely that Avro's administrators will pass the closing readings and credit balances to Octopus as it produces final bills.
    Octopus can't even produce it's first statements until it has the closing readings from Avro.

Octo could use the readings they asked for and we imputted on the 26th Sept to use for the first bill.
    They will be looking to get some money from us and won`t be happy waiting for Avro admin.
    I have recently sent my recent readings to octopus and have now received an email for them asking if I can input my meter readings from the 26th of september from when Avro went bust, I've previously already sent these readings by the link octopus sent to enter my final Avro readings, so if they want these readings again on my octopus account I'd love to know how I can do that when the readings page dates only go back as far as the 18th of october and theres no way I can see to enter the 26th september manually
  • Thesaltmustflow
    Options
    Having just logged on to my new Octopus account I noticed my gas meter has now passed 'industry checks/standard same as my electric meter and successfully submitted readings on both. My account balance is still showing as zero but I would think that will alter at some stage in the future and it's protected anyway so all in all nothing difficult to deal with imo.

Avro administrators 'might' be dragging their feet but nothing I can do about it and I'm not wasting my time speculating. Unless Octopus demand a payment from me I will just let things tick over now and put a note somewhere to submit readings this time next month.
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The real reasons for this could be many and varied and it's all speculation but I think it's more probable that Ofgem in their rush to wash their hands of the matter in an attempt to avoid the further embarrassment of yet another supplier going bust on their watch have awarded the Avro administrators an extremely lucrative contract and continued their trend of not carrying out full and proper due diligence checks and/or not provided a strict timetable for the completion of the various stages of the work involved as part of that contract.
    That isn't how it works, Ofgem have nothing to do with the appointment of the administrators, they only pick the SoLR and then allow  the failed supplier to go into administration, that last part is down to the directors of the failed company to sort out...

• youravinalarrrf
    Options
    MWT said:
    That isn't how it works, Ofgem have nothing to do with the appointment of the administrators, they only pick the SoLR and then allow  the failed supplier to go into administration, that last part is down to the directors of the failed company to sort out...
    I stand corrected and my misunderstanding comes from the following two updates.

Don't you think that allowing the Directors of a failed company to choose their own administrators presents it's own problems particularly where potential fraud may be suspected and a possibility? To me it's just asking for a cover up and more of the same.

• youravinalarrrf
    Options
    K1977 said:
    I have recently sent my recent readings to octopus and have now received an email for them asking if I can input my meter readings from the 26th of september from when Avro went bust, I've previously already sent these readings by the link octopus sent to enter my final Avro readings, so if they want these readings again on my octopus account I'd love to know how I can do that when the readings page dates only go back as far as the 18th of october and theres no way I can see to enter the 26th september manually
    I've previously tried to do this myself and as far as I can tell I agree that there's no way to do it on the Octopus system.
    I tried emailing my missing Gas meter reading for the 26th September but Octopus just don't want to know and send you a pre-prepared response basically telling you to !!!!!! off and be patient.
    The only way to do this is to try phoning them and ask them to input them for you.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    ^^^^^^
    Automated answer says coming from Avro, don't call us.

I am having a bit of an issue at th emo, sure it will be resolved but email only.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback