Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• lawleypop1502
    Options
    My gas switch has been updated today to say its now on track and I should be switched over on the 28th October, same date as my electricity.  My direct debit is also due on the 28th.   I just wondered when I should be giving meter readings to Octopus and if my direct debit is not taken should I make a one off payment to them.  I just don't want to fall too far into debit as I didn't pay September DD although I was in credit with Avro which would hopefully cover Septembers.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 October 2021 at 9:01PM
    Options
    Normally, they issue a statement when you give them a meter reading. At the moment that process may be delayed until Octopus receives closing meter readings from Avro.
    I would suggest you check periodically to see whether your credit balance from Avro has reached your Octopus account and when it has would probably be a good time to submit readings.
    I'm in the same position.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    I spotted this posted on the main Octopus thread and it may be good idea to think about making a one-off payment to cover the missing Direct Debit payment if your Direct Debit should have been taken and hasn't been.
    Umiamz said:
    Re Octopus account payments... FYI : whilst my new DD details are showing on my account, I wasn't sure when the first payment would be taken.  Sent Octopus a Twitter DM at 07:41 yesterday and had a reply by 08:25 yesterday - very responsive!! Turns out my first DD payment will not go out until November and so I felt it prudent to make a one-off payment as my credit balance with Avro wasn't that large.  Hope this is useful info...
    They always send you a reminder email a few days before your DD gets taken.
    The transfer process from Avro to Octopus is running out of control with no communication coming from Octopus to inform affected customers about what's going on and what action they suggest you take.
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 773 Forumite
    Options
    youravinalarrrf said:

The transfer process from Avro to Octopus is running out of control with no communication coming from Octopus to inform affected customers about what's going on and what action they suggest you take.

Oh for gawd sake, calm down and wait until the transfer process is completed.

To say there's "no communication coming from Octopus" is ridiculous, when their status page is updated almost every day. Compare that to what we used to get out of Avro!
  • Thesaltmustflow
    Options
    I spotted this posted on the main Octopus thread and it may be good idea to think about making a one-off payment to cover the missing Direct Debit payment if your Direct Debit should have been taken and hasn't been.
    Umiamz said:
    Re Octopus account payments... FYI : whilst my new DD details are showing on my account, I wasn't sure when the first payment would be taken.  Sent Octopus a Twitter DM at 07:41 yesterday and had a reply by 08:25 yesterday - very responsive!! Turns out my first DD payment will not go out until November and so I felt it prudent to make a one-off payment as my credit balance with Avro wasn't that large.  Hope this is useful info...
    They always send you a reminder email a few days before your DD gets taken.
    Is it?

I have just logged on to Octopus, my balance is still showing as zero BUT there has been a couple of updates put on. They are requesting meter readings tomorrow (I'm gonna assume this is because I'm being billed up to the 26th by Avro), my Electricity has passed industry standards for switching whatever that means, my gas is awaiting 'confirmation' of something BUT Octopus are telling me I should be up and running with them by 1st November, I think all that is pretty good info considering how many accounts are being dealt with. 
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    alanwsg said:
    youravinalarrrf said:

Oh for gawd sake, calm down and wait until the transfer process is completed.

To say there's "no communication coming from Octopus" is ridiculous, when their status page is updated almost every day. Compare that to what we used to get out of Avro!
    I agree with alanwsg comments!
  • littlemissbossy
    Options
    This is the first time I've had my energy supplier "go bust" on me.

I've been really impressed with Octopus, I read the daily updates and am happy to wait for the steps to run through.  Any payments that haven't been taken are just sat in my bank waiting to be paid to Octopus.
    Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it.
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,096 Forumite
    Options
    I was surprised to see that Avro took a DD from my account yesterday.
  • K1977
    K1977 Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My first DD was due to go out today according to my octopus account but this hasnt happened so perhaps they are going to take it on the day I used to pay Avro, also I'm confused about the meter reading they are asking for, is this a current up to date reading they want or the reading from the day Avro went bust?
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    In my experience you will not receive the email requesting you to provide meter readings and the Direct Debit payment which hasn't been collected today will most likely be not be collected at all and from what mikeyorkie10 posted earlier your first Direct Debit payment will now be collected on the 26th November leaving you one month behind in terms of payments.
    And you wonder why people are becoming confused by what's going on?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback