Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would think that email reminders to submit meter readings are automatically generated by the Octopus billing system which is not geared up to deal with the SoLR process.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    2010 Posts: 5,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    2010 said:
    It looks like we`re going to get bills from Octo before our credit is transferred from Avro.
    I think it's more likely that Avro's administrators will pass the closing readings and credit balances to Octopus as it produces final bills.
    Octopus can't even produce it's first statements until it has the closing readings from Avro.

Octo could use the readings they asked for and we imputted on the 26th Sept to use for the first bill.
    They will be looking to get some money from us and won`t be happy waiting for Avro admin.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Options
    In a normal switch, the handover readings have to be verified by industry systems before they can be used. For all we know, it could be this verification process which is holding things up.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • However
    However Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I cannot access details in my Avro account any more - after signing in, everything is blank or empty.

My monthly DD was taken today. It still says Avro took it, although Octupus says in its FAQs it'll be credited to my Octopus account. Hope so. My monthly DD was not taken in Sept. No idea what to infer from this. I believe the result will be a small debit on my account of £20 or so at the bust-point. But who knows; the last time I switched (to Avro) one of my close/open readings were ignored by the goons who operate the reasonableness-checks of readings - they altered it by 13kwh. How is a 13kwh difference in a monthly usage of 1500kwh gas usage beyond reasonable tolerances? It make me feel that if they can be that picky, I'll see if I can be even pickier in return.

My Octopus Account, although open and I can sign in, is devoid of all information.

I checked what the new tariffs mean - an increase of almost exactly 50%.

• millie
    millie Posts: 1,446 Forumite
    Options
    My account says passed industry checks. they asked me for opening reading which I gave them yesterday even though I had already given them the readings via a link they emailed a few weeks ago. It specifically asked for opening readings so I have done them again.
  • youravinalarrrf
    youravinalarrrf Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2021 at 4:43PM
    Options
    However said:
    I cannot access details in my Avro account any more - after signing in, everything is blank or empty.

Keep reloading/refreshing the page and it will eventually load and show the missing info. It might take 5 or 6 attempts before it finally works. If you want to check your Avro statements for example the same applies re reloading the page.
    Options
    However said:

Try this link if your security will let you through.

https://assets.avroenergy.co.uk/Default.aspx
    Options
    In my Octo account just now.

We'll email you on the day you need to submit your meter reading with a simple link. No login required.
  • However
    However Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    However said:

Keep reloading/refreshing the page and it will eventually load and show the missing info. It might take 5 or 6 attempts before it finally works. If you want to check your Avro statements for example the same applies re reloading the page.
    Thanks for that. Yes - I left the window open in background, and when I came back to it, the info had appeared.

Status is -
    - "Current Balance" is £23.12 (in credit) as at today 26-10-2021 (it says).
    - Last payment was on 26-8-2021
    - Last statement was dated 4-9-2021, with credit balance of £23.12
    - Next statement is due (it says) 4-11-2021 (thus, no October statement, true enough)
    - Last meter readings are mine of 31-8-2021 (not the one they estimated on the bill a few days later)
    - But the 'final' meter readings I submitted on 27th Sep, as we were asked to, are not there.
    I've taken screen shots and I've got the final readings photographed and datestamped as well as all the statements I downloaded over the year, so I know where I am.
    Let's hope Octopus agree with me. I'm sure they will - even if I have to tell them to agree with me!

• youravinalarrrf
    Options
    Latest Octopus update for Avro customers
    Whilst I'm grateful for the daily updates they are becoming less meaningful by the day. In my case the transfer process has ground to a complete halt with no further progress or changes to the Octopus Dashboard being made since the 24th October and Avro's administrators have still not produced my final bill.
    You will find that emailing Octopus to ask the reasons for this is a total waste of time as you will only receive their pre-prepared reply stating that "We will be emailing all customers coming over to us shortly with further details" and "We are asking all customers to please be patient while our teams work on this migration".
    I think it's fairly safe to assume that for whatever reason Avro's administrators are now on a total go slow and have taken their bat and ball home. It's obvious that the transfer process to Octopus cannot proceed any further until this situation changes and Avro's administrators start to do the required work and provide the necessary information to Octopus.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback