Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Thesaltmustflow
    Options
    K1977 said:
    My first DD was due to go out today according to my octopus account but this hasnt happened so perhaps they are going to take it on the day I used to pay Avro, also I'm confused about the meter reading they are asking for, is this a current up to date reading they want or the reading from the day Avro went bust?
    I have received the email from Octopus requesting meter readings tomorrow and I would 'assume' it will be current readings as I submitted readings to Octopus on the 26th September which was the last day of being supplied by Avro.

I also didn't pay Septembers DD but the money is still there in my account ready to pay to Octopus as and when they ask me for it.

Nothing confusing about that imo.
    2010 Posts: 5,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just logged into my Octo account and it says "we`ll ask you for both readings on 28th Oct".

Just checked my Avro account and still the same, no final bill yet.

It looks like we`re going to get bills from Octo before our credit is transferred from Avro.
    A one off payment to cover the Octo bill will probably be needed.
  • Thesaltmustflow
    Options
    2010 said:
    Just logged into my Octo account and it says "we`ll ask you for both readings on 28th Oct".

Just checked my Avro account and still the same, no final bill yet.

It looks like we`re going to get bills from Octo before our credit is transferred from Avro.
    A one off payment to cover the Octo bill will probably be needed.
    You could be right there but if that is the case I will just use the £140 I should have paid via DD to Avro last month and if it doesn't cover my actual usage, top up accordingly. Job done. 
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    K1977 said:
    My first DD was due to go out today according to my octopus account but this hasnt happened so perhaps they are going to take it on the day I used to pay Avro, also I'm confused about the meter reading they are asking for, is this a current up to date reading they want or the reading from the day Avro went bust?
    I think it's safe to ignore messages on your Octopus account at the moment. It would seem they are using their standard accounts system which is just not appropriate for the SoLR process.
    Hang in there until you hear personally and directly from Octopus by email.

>:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    2010 said:
    I think it's more likely that Avro's administrators will pass the closing readings and credit balances to Octopus as it produces final bills.
    Octopus can't even produce it's first statements until it has the closing readings from Avro.

>:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • oliverbrown
    Options
    I have received the email from Octopus requesting meter readings tomorrow and I would 'assume' it will be current readings as I submitted readings to Octopus on the 26th September which was the last day of being supplied by Avro.

Apart from that you are having to assume something which should be explicitly stated in the meter reading request.
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 26 October 2021 at 2:26PM
    Options
    You are going to get a little confusion during the SoLR process, especially if the administrator of the failed company is dragging their feet on the hand-over.
    Not entering a meter reading is not going to break the normal system, so if in doubt just wait a bit longer ...
  • Thesaltmustflow
    Options

Apart from that you are having to assume something which should be explicitly stated in the meter reading request.
    I know it isn't explicitly stated in the meter reading request so what choice do I have but to assume, what's your point?
  • K1977
    K1977 Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    K1977 said:

I also didn't pay Septembers DD but the money is still there in my account ready to pay to Octopus as and when they ask me for it.

I didnt actually receive an email asking for the reading it just stated on my octopus account page that a reading was due, so I have now input my current reading, so I guess I'll find out soon enough if this was what I was suppossed to do, as for the DD I have also kept the money aside in my bank account for when they wish to take it, just a little heads up on when this will actually happen would be nice to know
  • oliverbrown
    Options
    I know it isn't explicitly stated in the meter reading request so what choice do I have but to assume, what's your point?
    My point is that it should be explicitly stated in the meter reading request so that you do not have to assume anything.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback