🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• tlcgrantham
    Options
    Cheers for the help, might try and email first thing tomorrow and see what they say. Would be interested in what the actual difference would be in price. 
    I’m with Octopus for electricity. The following are the charges on Octopus flexible October v2 East Midlands region E7 day 21.76pkw. Night 15.02pkw Standing Charge 23.85p.     Standard 20.12pkw
      Standing Charge 23.76p  You would need to check with Octopus for your region. Hope it helps
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Cheers for the help, might try and email first thing tomorrow and see what they say. Would be interested in what the actual difference would be in price. 
    You can see the tariff details any time you want:
    This is for the Eastern Region and is the same as the named Avro tariff...

• QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 24 October 2021 at 9:23PM
    Options
    MWT said:
    You can see the tariff details any time you want:
    This is for the Eastern Region and is the same as the named Avro tariff...
    Southern region is 22.01 peak / 15.19 off-peak p/kWh and 24.19 ppd on E7, vs. 20.49 p/kWh and 24.11 ppd single rate. If you use ~22% of your energy off-peak it breaks even.
    For Eastern it's ~23%. I'm guessing the % will be similar in other regions too.
    (I've ignored the difference in standing charge as <0.1p/day isn't really significant.)
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok. First DD to Octopus not collected this month - I half expected as much because I hadn't had the requisite 5 days notice.
    Next stop, meter readings. The ability to submit meter readings may well depend on whether Octopus have received the closing readings from Avro at the time when I try to submit them. No worries.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • youravinalarrrf
    youravinalarrrf Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 October 2021 at 1:24PM
    Options
    Today's Octopus update for Avro customers

Reading yesterday's update I get the impression that there's growing frustration within Octopus that the whole process is now basically stalled and waiting for the Avro administrators to provide the required information before they can go any further.
    There's been no change to my Dashboard since yesterday as Gas is still showing "We've not received your reading". It also looks like my Direct Debit which was due to be collected today hasn't happened and the Avro administrators have still not produced my final bill.
    The original Octopus timeline is rapidly going off track and further progress is clearly beyond Octopus' control and completely dependent on the Avro administrators.

• Consumerist
    edited 25 October 2021 at 1:49PM
    Options
    It looks as though there is going to be a big hole in my remaining credit balance by the time I get my first Octopus statement.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Popped my gas meter readings in earlier (once the block was removed). Waiting for the final day to bump up the payments and change date but expect credit to have been handy as a little cushion for now.
  • Consumerist
    Options
    I've had to re-think my DD because it occurs to me that, for the time being, we'll need to think in terms of 6-monthly tariff-cap changes and I normally use three-quarters of my annual gas consumption during the Winter months not half of it.
    Using 1/12 of annual usage per month is just not going to cut it over Winter.

• millie
    millie Posts: 1,448 Forumite
    Options
    Looks like the temporary block on my gas switch has now been removed and I have put my opening reading in, even though I gave them the reading through one of their previous links. I set up a new direct debit with them because I had cancelled the Avro one so I am expecting mine to be collected on the 6th November. It shows as Octopus energy on my bank account,
  • oliverbrown
    Options
    People in mid switch to Avro the time of their collapse haven't been involved in the latest communications, so we still have an Octopus login with no content other than name and email address.

I chose not to cancel my Avro direct debit and the second direct debit payment has gone out but is not showing in my Avro control panel, unlike the first one. I'm not bothered though as I'm sure it will be credited to my Octopus account at some point.

I suppose my old supplier will be wondering when they will get the closing readings, they're unlikely to be bothered though as I am in credit with them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure