3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone :)

Well yesterday was just a wash-out....it was AWFUL...the worst day I've had in a while.....BUT, I'm determined that today WILL be better.... :)

Managed to get some Sleep but quite disturbed sleep.....

But not to worry....I'm awake now so I'm going to Work and earn some Money :D

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page....keep it going hun, you're doing AWESOME!! And Thank You for the well-wishes re Cornwall, it definitely did me the world of good xXx :)

patman99 - That's absolutely fine hun, so you'll be saving for that from now on then? I look forward to hearing about your Savings for your big Event.... xXx :)
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all! I'd love to join all of you EF savers. Please put me down as 5000/15000$ I have been doing this on my own but it will be so much nicer to have company along the way!:beer:
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • WatWing
    WatWing Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

Can I join? I'd like to save £3,900 to start with and have about £6.50 already.

I'm completely new to MSE having only found out about it 3 weeks ago when my financial future took a bit of a hit and highlighted how much I need to be prepared for. I'm in the middle of buying a house near London (so will have the biggest mortgage in the entire world in about 5 weeks..) and have scraped every penny into the deposit. Now every penny is going towards paying for the house and doing it up!

I found this thread at the end of last week and was planning on saving up on my own but it's pretty demoralizing as I've never really had to consciously go without in order to save before so I think I'd just give up after a month!
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 971 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Checking in:

£45 regular saving + £11 50p challenge + £4.13 odds&ends = £60.13 in this week

£1,875.67 / 4,600

41%
    Aqua 0/1850 Cap.One 0/450 Vanquis 0/500 HSBC 0/100
    :j ~Debt Free Date 07/12/2015~ :j

SPC member #530 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin 3-month EF: £2158.63/4600
    Make £10/day Nov-Dec £814.04 Jan-Apr £1689.78 May £233.57/310
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    Morning Everyone.... :)

Well yesterday was a better day....Not wonderful as I think I was still reeling from Wednesday....but hopefully today will be a MUCH better day....

Nothing to Report money-wise from me....But, slowly slowly catchy monkey :D

milasavesmoney - Welcome Welcome Welcome!! It's lovely to have you here....I have put your Target down as $15000 and that you have already saved $5000, which is AWESOME!! Do come and let us know how you're getting on.... We'll encourage you as much as we can xXx :)

WatWing - Wonderful to have you here...Welcome!! I've put your Target on the First Page....you've made a GREAT start already....keep going. Welcome to MSE....Hopefully we can motivate you as much as possible to keep you going....Do come back and let us know how you're getting on xXx :)

lexbubbles - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AMAZING hun....Keep going xXx :)
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Welcome WatWing,

Congrats on your house purchase. :T It is a challenge to adjust with a new house but we will support you on this thread and cheer you on from the sidelines every step of the way. :j

We are all aiming for the same thing and it's not something we can do overnight, so we are here for the long haul. Welcome aboard, keep us updated, who knows, you may even pick up some hints and tips along the way. :D

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • sophieo16
    sophieo16 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Dobbibill hun..... I spoke to my Brother and Sister-in-Law yesterday and June isn't going to Work but hoping to go down in early-September instead....

BUT.....I was playing around on the Train Website and just punched in the details for York cause it's somewhere I visited as a Child and have wanted to go back for a LONG LONG time....and it turns out it's less than 2 hours by Train.....So I'll be going for a Day Trip to York in early June....can't wait!! Soooooooo excited...!! :j

I think that going away this past Weekend has made me see that I DO need time off and away from Work.....And it's important, even if I only get one Day off a month....It's better than what I've had for the past Year.....so I'm going to try and implement a Day off a Month....and maybe go on a few Day Trips around the Country.....I'm also thinking about Canterbury at some point....Not sure where else - I live in London, can anyone recommend places that I can get to by Train in under 2 hours??

Anyway....I've had a proper night's sleep....Cold seems to be better today so that's good....and I'm off to grab a Shower soon and head out to Central London for my first official day back in London...and then off to the Zoo this Afternoon....which I'm really looking forward to... :D

Enough rambling...Hope you ALL have a WONDERFUL Day and that you ALL find your Rainbows.....remember there are no rainbows without some rain first xXx :)

Im not sure if anyone else has suggested it Helen, but my sister used to live in Salisbury. That was a lovely place to visit.
    Mortgage Feb 2023- £249,210 MFW 2023 #20: £524.05/£500 (104.81%)
  • WatWing
    WatWing Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Helen.

I have put 14.5 in my EF today- so a new total of 20.

I may not post much but I'll be around, reading all the posts for motivation.
  • -Selene
    -Selene Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone :) I've been absent for personal reasons throughout March, so I just wanted to stop by and update the amount in my EF, which currently stands at £475.33 :j

Last month's interest hasn't hit the account yet so I have that to add on too when it does :)
    SPC - #483 [banked £134.15] - :staradmin :staradmin gold stars from Sue-UU!
    VSP - #33 [29.8%] | 3-6 Month EF - #41 [12.6%] | £1,000 EF - #186 [4%] | Save £6k in 2016 - #180 [24.6%]
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    Morning Everyone.... :)

Feeling a bit more like myself today, which is good....I seem to have woken up feeling better within myself....

Dobbibill - Hope you are well hun.....You are absolutely right, we are all here for the long haul.....We WILL all get there... xXx :)

sophieo16 - Oooooooh not thought about Salisbury....I'll have a look into that....thanks for the suggestion.... xXx :)

WatWing - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing BRILLIANT!! Keep going hun xXx :)

-Selene - I've Updated the First Page....I'm sorry to hear that you've had some personal stuff going on.....I hope it gets resolved soon hun.....You've made HUGE strides since you last Posted....Congratulations!! xXx :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure