3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 971 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 31 March 2016 at 1:17PM
    Options
    Whilst it's not, by any stretch, an emergency I am putting all of my spare funds into my EF anyway so don't have the scope to save up for a large purchase (only have money for day to day expense)... so that said I removed £175 today to get myself a second-hand refurbished xbox one with two games for my birthday - the price for a console without games is still around the £250 mark new (my current xbox 360 is a decade old I am notoriously cheap with my electronics). Second-hand one cost £193.99 so covering a bit from regular funds.

With my regular saving it'll be replenished in a month.

So this week was £45 + £10.50 + £4.30 in and -£175 out for a total of -130.20

£1,815.54 / 4,600
    39.5%
    Aqua 0/1850 Cap.One 0/450 Vanquis 0/500 HSBC 0/100
    :j ~Debt Free Date 07/12/2015~ :j

SPC member #530 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin 3-month EF: £2158.63/4600
    Make £10/day Nov-Dec £814.04 Jan-Apr £1689.78 May £233.57/310
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hey Everyone.... :)

I've put another Fiver in my Pot....Which I'm really pleased with....Hopefully I'll be able to put more in sooner or later....

lexbubbles - I've Updated the First Page.....You're doing AMAZING.....Keep it going hun....I understand the need to treat yourself....enjoy what you have bought hun xXx :)
  • DuranGirl
    DuranGirl Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Woohoo! Did it! Paid off mum and dad today, put another £500 in my EF and also had enough in my budget to pay DS's uni accommodation deposit at short notice. This challenge has been brilliant for me - I'm so in control of my budget, it's making me more frugal and I've saved more now than I ever have done. Thank you Helen! £4000 is now my total. Off to do more money saving in the month of April!:j:j:j
    3-6 month EF Challenge Member #19: £3590/£6000.[/B] Craft destash from 22.5.22: 46/200. Declutter from 22.5.22: 105/250 Car finance PAID OFF £7,848.88 IN 2019 (0% LOB)
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hey all...

I was wondering if I could join this board... I was a member of some of the debt busting threads a while back - I recognise a few of the challengers here :T I cleared my debts but really need to build up an EF...

Cracked car windscreen... Other unforseen expenses... Makes me realise how important it is to save for a Rainy Day...

If I can - can I aim for 1 month... then up to 3... then 6...?
    £1500 ---> £4500 ---> £9000? I think if I do in small chunks I won't lose heart!!!

Great to see the boards so active :)
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • castlelough
    castlelough Posts: 302 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could I join this challenge please?

I am ttc baby #2 and hope to take 6 weeks unpaid leave at the end of the maternity leave. I have calculated that I would need about €3000 to leave me comfortably able to pay my bills and cover the cost of living. In the meanwhile, it would also double up as a general emergency fund, as I don't have any provision for an emergency of any kind.... :eek:

So........I am aiming for €3000. :A
    Credit Card: €6000 ---> €3827.31
    Unicorn Fund: €0/3500
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi abundant1972 and castlelough and welcome.

This thread is welcoming, motivating and encouraging so I'm sure you will enjoy. Helen will be along in a day or so to give you a number.

#2 update - extra £21.59 added making my new total £6398.80 aka 73.55%.

Off to update my sig - Happy Saturday everyone :D

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    another update from me #2

Car went in for an MOT - so following my previous update where it went up, it's now gone down slightly.

Total sitting at £6353.80 aka 73.03%

Good news is the car passed :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• castlelough
    castlelough Posts: 302 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome Dobbi. Meant to add I have €16/3000 saved in my EF.
    Credit Card: €6000 ---> €3827.31
    Unicorn Fund: €0/3500
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone.... :)

I'm down in Cornwall this Weekend for a short Break to see some Family so I hope you will forgive me if I don't Update everything until Monday.... I'm having a lovely time except for a stinking cold....

Welcome to our lovely New Members...I promise I'll give you a proper Welcome tomorrow.... :D

*Hugs* Everyone xXx :)
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    Have fun and enjoy your break Helen :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family