3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies, this is a really supportive and friendly group :) Helen hope Cornwall was good and you got the nice weather that we had here in the south east :) although just as I wrote that it has started to rain lol

I'm very happy to report a new EF total of £3000, it means I'm pretty skint til payday lol but that number looks sooooo good! Xx
  • Keeping_Motivated
    Options
    Hi I have just added £100 to my EF so that puts the total to £5126.

Hope everyone is well. As usual no time to catch up with all the posts sorry... but definitely wouldn't have saved the amount I have if I hadn't made myself accountable to this thread :) So thank you Helen and everyone who contributes x
  • The_Only_Girl
    Options
    Hi all, I've added another £600 to the EF taking it up to a total of £3985.13 (33% of our £12,000 target)
    "There is Life AFTER DEBT."LBM 2009 Total Debt £49046.24 Debt Free as of 27/08/2015
  • MLAB
    MLAB Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all - I've taken the plunge and posted my SOA on the forum earlier today and have had lots of helpful advice. . . including a recommendation to save up an emergency fund to avoid having to get into further debt in future. . . think it's unrealistic to get to 3 months salary by end of the year, given my SOA only leaves just shy of £200 pm. So I'll aim for £50 pm, so in total £450 by the end of the year. Hoping to up this once I get to grips with cutting down on some of my outgoing over the next few months.

Thanks
    My LB moment 4.4.16 - total debt £56,616

- Emergency fund (April'16 - Dec'16): £0/£450
  • The_Only_Girl
    Options
    Welcome to the forum MLAB. I do wish you well in your quest to be debt free. You've taken the first steps necessary to be on your way to freedom. Signing on to various forums here on MSE have been a major help in my journey and I hope you find the forums helpful too.

DH and I have just transferred another £15.11 to the EF courtesy of various cash backs and interests from our bank account. We've now got £4000.24. I'm so excited and so looking forward to adding more £££s to the pot to take us much closer to the target. At the moment, we are still on holiday visiting family abroad but we've been trying so hard to be more economical and money wise and as soon as we get back to the UK in two weeks time, we will focus on the EF with renewed gazelle intensity.
    "There is Life AFTER DEBT."LBM 2009 Total Debt £49046.24 Debt Free as of 27/08/2015
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Campers :D

Thank You for all of your Well-wishes for my Trip down to Cornwall....I had a FABULOUS time and am planning another Trip down there hopefully in June.....fingers crossed!! :)

Nothing to Report money-wise for me....but you are ALL doing AMAZING!! I'm VERY impressed with ALL of you....Keep it going....One step at a time for ALL of us.... xXx :)

DuranGirl - I've Updated the First Page....WOW, look at how well you are doing!! Keep up the great work.....And Well Done for paying back Mum and Dad....that must be a load off the mind... xXx :)

abundant1972 - WELCOME to the Thread....you are most welcome to be here.....I've added you to the First Page list of Members....And I've put your Initial Goal as £1500, once you get there let me know if you want me to up your Target.... xXx :)

castlelough - WELCOME to you too, it's great to have you here!! You CAN do this hun....Just one step at a time like I said above....I've added you to the First Page and I've put your Goal as €3000.....you're doing GREAT already!! xXx :)

Dobbibill - How are you doing hun? I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AWESOME!! Thank you for welcoming people in my absence over the Weekend....much appreciated xXx :)

[Deleted User] - I've Updated the First Page...WOW, you're doing AMAZING!! And the weather was great except for Sunday when it poured down all day....LoL xXx :)

Keeping Motivated - I've Updated the First Page.....You are really doing INCREDIBLE...Keep up the great work hun!! xXx :)

The Only Girl - I've Updated the First Page....Ooooooh look at you, you're up to the £4000 mark!! That's AMAZING!! Keep going hun....And this is just me being nosey but where are you abroad if you want to say?? Hope you have a WONDERFUL time hun xXx :)

MLAB - WELCOME to you as well.....It's great to have you here joining in with us....I've added you to the First Page....And I've put your Initial Goal as £450....let me know when you've achieved it and when you want me to change the Goal... xXx :)
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Welcome MLAB, I'm a big fan of baby steps, it makes reaching your goal all the more scenic ;) Well done on tackling your debt too.

I'm glad you've had an enjoyable break in Cornwall Helen, I bet you are excited to go back in June. :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hey Dobbibill hun..... I spoke to my Brother and Sister-in-Law yesterday and June isn't going to Work but hoping to go down in early-September instead....

BUT.....I was playing around on the Train Website and just punched in the details for York cause it's somewhere I visited as a Child and have wanted to go back for a LONG LONG time....and it turns out it's less than 2 hours by Train.....So I'll be going for a Day Trip to York in early June....can't wait!! Soooooooo excited...!! :j

I think that going away this past Weekend has made me see that I DO need time off and away from Work.....And it's important, even if I only get one Day off a month....It's better than what I've had for the past Year.....so I'm going to try and implement a Day off a Month....and maybe go on a few Day Trips around the Country.....I'm also thinking about Canterbury at some point....Not sure where else - I live in London, can anyone recommend places that I can get to by Train in under 2 hours??

Anyway....I've had a proper night's sleep....Cold seems to be better today so that's good....and I'm off to grab a Shower soon and head out to Central London for my first official day back in London...and then off to the Zoo this Afternoon....which I'm really looking forward to... :D

Enough rambling...Hope you ALL have a WONDERFUL Day and that you ALL find your Rainbows.....remember there are no rainbows without some rain first xXx :)
  • skye_blue
    skye_blue Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hi everyone

glad you enjoyed your break helen sounds like its done you a world of good

welcome newcomers, helen will help you along she encourages us all no matter how large or small our savings

£5 added for me today (£135), thanks x
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello, just popping back in for a visit.

Have decided to use my 3-6 month ef as a holiday fund as it my silver wedding anniversary in 2017.

I have booked a week in a cabin in Linlithgow at a cost of £460 for the three of us.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure