3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wishing everyone a successful week:beer:.

Just received my payment for a week's phonebook delivery and that will be heading straight to my EF:j. Will tot up at the end of the month as there are other payments in the pipeline too (survey redemptions and cashback which have become payable at long last)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Evening everyone, hope you are all well. I am really happy to report that I have managed to reach my EF target of £8500.I'm going to concentrate now on saving to help my son pay for his wedding in August then after that I will hopefully be back with a new EF target to work towards.

Helen thank you so much for being such a brilliant support on here :T

xx
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,136 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Helen my usual monthly update from me #2

I took money out for the MOT - just standard stuff like pads and discs etc

Had a little extra this month so managed to reach my target - then decided I wanted to round it up to an even number so opted for £9000 aka 100% - reached :T :T :T

I still had a tiny little bit left over so have decided to start again with a new target of £5k for my new car (this will hopefully not be for sometime as it went through an MOT this week) - new total £174.71 aka 3.49%.

Don't think I'm leaving though because with a new target in place I still have plenty to do and focus on.......I'll also be cheering everyone on too.

Keep on keeping on.

Dobbi :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    Helen my usual monthly update from me #2

I took money out for the MOT - just standard stuff like pads and discs etc

Had a little extra this month so managed to reach my target - then decided I wanted to round it up to an even number so opted for £9000 aka 100% - reached :T :T :T

I still had a tiny little bit left over so have decided to start again with a new target of £5k for my new car (this will hopefully not be for sometime as it went through an MOT this week) - new total £174.71 aka 3.49%.

Don't think I'm leaving though because with a new target in place I still have plenty to do and focus on.......I'll also be cheering everyone on too.

Keep on keeping on.

Dobbi :D

Well done, Dobbi:T. I'm glad your MOT didn't result in big expense:beer:.

Great that you're staying on:T. Where would we be without you cheering us all on?
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,136 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done, Dobbi:T. I'm glad your MOT didn't result in big expense:beer:.

Great that you're staying on:T. Where would we be without you cheering us all on?

Thanks CBC - I couldn't leave now - like a big family we are here.........and I want to be here when you reach your target because I know you can and will :T
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    Thanks CBC.........and I want to be here when you reach your target because I know you can and will :T

What an optimist you are, Dobbi:rotfl:
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I have moved my funds around as I bought my Euros yesterday and decided to put £100 into the emergency fund and I have £750 turned into Euros €800 for the week should be enough as we are self catering.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    I have moved my funds around as I bought my Euros yesterday and decided to put £100 into the emergency fund and I have £750 turned into Euros €800 for the week should be enough as we are self catering.

Going anywhere interesting, Mooloo?
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Going anywhere interesting, Mooloo?

Portugal on a self catering holiday with my 9 year old granddaughter.
    We go for a week each Easter as long as she can go see the Dolphins she's happy.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    Portugal on a self catering holiday with my 9 year old granddaughter.
    We go for a week each Easter as long as she can go see the Dolphins she's happy.

Sounds good:T. I love Portugal although it's donkeys years since we last went:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure