We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• skye_blue
    skye_blue Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hi everyone

how are you doing helen?

please add £20 to my pot im sticking to the £10 a week (2 wks worth, didn't want to queue up ln bank last week and still managed to keep hold of it)! wow thats a 1st

keep going guys
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone... :)

Well things have been very up and down as per usual in my Life...but I think I'm finally getting back on track...at least I hope so!! :D

So FINALLY I've managed to add some Money to my Emergency Fund (it's been far too long coming!!).....So I've added £100 today (or at least I will do when I get up LoL)...and that makes my EF £125 Overall...I'll get there slowly... :)

I can't believe we're now up to 75 members...I want to say a HUGE Thank You to each and every one of you for being there for each other and for me....for making this a lovely Thread where none of us criticise each other and where we all encourage each other to meet our Goals, whatever they may be....Let's keep this going!! xXx :)

In other news...In about 2 hours I'm leaving for another Trip to Paris....Just for today and tomorrow...I get back home late tomorrow Evening...but I cannot wait to have some "me time" and concentrate on feeling happy....So I shall see you all at the Weekend for the next Update... xXx :)

Here's to the Updates for today...

HoneyBee83 - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME!! Keep on going xXx :)

Dobbibill - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AMAZING...And no worries regarding the Signature..not a problem at all xXx :)

sophieo16 - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing INCREDIBLE!! Keep on moving forwards xXx :)

lippy1923 - Thank you for your advice for sophie xXx :)

carbootcrazy - I've Updated the First Page...WELL DONE for getting to £1000...that's BRILLIANT!! And thank you for your good vibes and your lovely words...they are really appreciated xXx :)

LittleMissDetermined - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! Keep on going xXx :)

The Only Girl - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME!! Keep moving forwards and don't worry about dipping in, you do what you have to and it can always be topped back up xXx :)

Mooloo - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AMAZING!! Don't worry, you will get there...I have faith xXx :)

wegle - WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME, apologies for not welcoming you before now...I've added your name to the First Page...You are more than welcome here...please do let us know how you're getting on xXx :)

Hillwalker17 - WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME to you too!! It's lovely to have you here...As I said before, please do let us know how you're getting on...and you are also on our Members List on the First Page xXx :)

abundant1972 - I hope you manage to make a decision hun but it sounds like you already know what you want to do...whatever it is you know we will support you and you are always welcome here xXx :)

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AMAZING!! Keep on going hun xXx :)
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I have managed to put away bits and pieces over the last few days and now have £189 in the fund.
    Slowly slowly as I am still trying to support my son as he has lost his job now, his GF has found work in a school However the pay will be monthly.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Paris in the Spring, what could be nicer? I'm green with envy, Helen, but you deserve the break more than anyone I know after all you've been through. Enjoy every minute:beer:

Sorry I didn't see your post and reply before you left:o but, unlike you, I wasn't up and about in the middle of the night:rotfl:

I agree with you, it's really great to have so many supportive and non-judgemental members:T. Here's to us all:beer:
  • Hillwalker17
    Options
    That's me up to £900 in my fund. Although this will go up and down in the coming months but it's a good start. At some stage I might use it for my debt repayments as I've been stupid recently (see sig) in spending money I don't have...

Well done everyone else.
    Ex Gambling Addict :( - Last bet made on 15/03/2017 - 29 Days
    Slowly building an emergency fund - £1000/£6000
  • Dragon_Lily
    Dragon_Lily Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Hi DreamerHelen - hope you have a great time in Paris - lovely city :)

Things are tight with having changed jobs to less hours and less money - but having extra time and less stress is worth it. I feel lucky to be able to do it.

I've added £30 to my fund taking the total to = £906. Slowly creeping up to that first £1,000 :D

Can you update my total fig. Thanks :)
    :staradmin Star from Sue-UU

3 - 6 Emergency fund #24 £2273. Target £3,000
    SPC15 #57 [SPC14 £195.50, SPC13 £114.08, SPC12 £215, SPC11 £183, SPC10 £209]

• DreamerHelen
    Options
    Morning Everyone :)

So Paris was AMAZING!! Although it could very easily have ended badly as the local Train that I was on getting back to catch the Eurostar broke down so I had to frantically find a Taxi and get to Gare du Nord...luckily my Taxi Driver drove like the clappers and got me there in time...I even came back with just over 35 Euro's which I'll put towards my next Trip in July....Thank you everyone for your well-wishes...These little Trips help keep me going... :D

Nothing to Report moneywise for me today....but I'll keep on keeping on....

Here's to the Updates... xXx :)

Mooloo - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing INCREDIBLE!! Keep on going....I'm so sorry to hear that you're having family stuff going on, hopefully it will sort itself out... xXx :)

carbootcrazy - Thank you for what you said, it was lovely...Paris was amazing as always....And LoL I know, I'm always up at weird times, look at today for example!! And yes, I agree, we have a lovely Thread here with lovely people xXx :)

Hillwalker17 - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME!! Keep moving forwards and take one day at a time... xXx :)

Dragon Lily - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! I know you can do it...and Thank You, Paris was wonderful xXx :)
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning Helen

Could you drop my total fund down to £1300 #13 please - I took money out to pay my car insurance.

Thank you :D
  • muppets
    muppets Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Some more money added to my 3-6 mth fund.
    Total now today is €3800.
    PAYDBX 2020 - #01 Pd £15,029.29 / £13,140.66 - 114% 🎉

MFiT-T5 #36
    3-6 mth EF #5
    €2,445 / 11,100
    Mortgage - PD 126,846.35/ 271,495.07 46.72%[ MF was Aug 2038 now Sept 2035 😲
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    Afternoon All .... Look at me Updating at a decent time of the day!! LoL ;)

Nothing to Update with regards to me ... :)

Here's the Updates...

Munchin - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing BRILLIANTLY...Don't worry that you had to take some money out, that's what it's there for xXx :)

muppets - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME!! Keep on going... xXx :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport