3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,136 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello indigowarrior and welcome to the thread. :hello:

Helen will allocate you a number and put your target on the first page when she pops in. She updates it every couple of days and it really keep us all motivated......even when things don't go to plan, it gets us back on track. ;)

Pop in whenever you fancy and give us an update and good luck on reaching your target, we're all behind you :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Determined_diva
    Options
    Hi all

Weekly check in from me! Saved £60.00 this week (£40 tips/£15 money someone owed me that I had forgotten about and £5 found on the street floor!)

Takes me up to £192.00/£2,000

Until next week team!
    DDx
    Started again 25th December 2017
    Current tracking - £7,955.84/ £18,282.25 to pay off. (31.12.19)
  • Dragon_Lily
    Options
    Hi Helen

£36 to add to £840 = £876! My regular saver account paid out the grand sum of £11 interest for the year :D and I added £25.

Sig updated
    :staradmin Star from Sue-UU

3 - 6 Emergency fund #24 £2273. Target £3,000
    SPC15 #57 [SPC14 £195.50, SPC13 £114.08, SPC12 £215, SPC11 £183, SPC10 £209]

• skye_blue
    skye_blue Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bonjour helen, hope you had a great trip

Please add £25 for me please (£775) im trying really hard to pay something every week - fingers crossed

Have a good week everyone, where's January going?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Congratulations to all you savers:beer:. Everyone's doing so well:j
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I have disappeared for a while as my money has been borrowed again from the emergency pot. But I have slowly been replacing it. So it's only half of what it was last year, at £510.03 now!
    But I am determined that I am going to refill the pot again soon!
    I do also now have e-savers for Holidays and car as well as my teeth fund though and between them I do have £4,300 now!
    So all I can do is believe that I can build the actual Emergency Pot again as the money for the other pots mean I should not have to use the emergency fund anymore for those things anyway!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • dfbefore30
    Options
    Hello! #70 here.

January has been a real struggle. A combination of Christmas and work owing me £300 in expenses. The result was that I had to dip into my savings (Grr. Hate having to do that).

The good news is that work paid me the expenses today (the day before payday. Better late than never...) so I've put most of it into my emergency fund.

New total is £1541. WOOHOO! :j
  • stoplurking
    Options
    Hi all

Hope you had a great time in Paris,Helen. I have added to my fund today, not going up as quickly as I'd like but can't do much about it at the moment.
    Now sitting at £1580/4000 Will update signature in a bit
    Good luck for the next month everyone.
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Added another £30 today £540.07
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • crimson.addict
    Options
    Hello! I am not doing too great with my EF. I developed an addiction to buying nail polish. I'm slowly cutting down but i already spent over £1000 on my CC. I know it's so so bad.

Work are sending me to Canada on Sunday for 2 weeks. They should be paying for all my meals and travel and everything but as i will be completely on my own i will need to fund my own entertainment. I am going to try to spend as long as possible eating my dinner each evening and the rest of the time i'll try and take advantage of the hotels wifi (i hope it has wifi). Unfortunately, there is a whole shopping centre behind me so i need to do my best to be good.

Once i'm home i will be fully focused on clearing my CC and building my EF back up. I'm not sure where it stands at the moment. I also had to loan my sister £1000
    Sealed Pot Challenge member #071 VSP #4
    £723.44(SPC5) - £753.77(SPC6) - £857.19(SPC7) - £1,632.19(SPC8) - £2,707.15(SPC9) - £2,950.30(SPC10) - £0(SPC11)...so far

I love LC2 and Jakes-Mum :rotfl:
    Star's from Sue :staradmin x28
    CC Debt
    - £2,927.14 Savings - EF - £4,797.21/£5,000 - H2B - £4,691.03/£12,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business