PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    trisha909 wrote: »
    Made a call today just to give HFC a nudge after i sent the recalculated loan docs on the 7 Dec special delivery might i add and they've bloomin' lost it!!. 4.95 i paid too. I wonder if there is a complaints department that deals with complaints toward the complaints department?, then i can complain to the complaints complaints department about my complaint i complained about to the complaints department and breaaaaaaaaathhhhe !:confused:

Hi Trish
    So sorry to hear that.

Have you still got the receipt of the recorded/signed delivery?

If so get this photocopied write a letter and let them know you had proof it reached them, (see enclosed Royal Mail Reference Number Receipt), and as its been confirmed that it have been mis laid through them, you are requesting that they reimburse the £4.95 payment.

Tell them otherwise you will seek advice on this matter.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • trisha909
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi Trish
    So sorry to hear that.

Have you still got the receipt of the recorded/signed delivery?

If so get this photocopied write a letter and let them know you had proof it reached them, (see enclosed Royal Mail Reference Number Receipt), and as its been confirmed that it have been mis laid through them, you are requesting that they reimburse the £4.95 payment.

Tell them otherwise you will seek advice on this matter.;)

Thanks hun, I have given the details of the reciept and the name and time the person signed for it the woman said she is going to get onto it first thing and give me a call xx
    Trisha
    ;) When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. ;)
  • di3004
    Options
    trisha909 wrote: »
    Thanks hun, I have given the details of the reciept and the name and time the person signed for it the woman said she is going to get onto it first thing and give me a call xx

Good luck Trish, they lost it so they should pay for it as it was with them when they mis laid this, you should not have to go to pay yet another amount for posting, its down to them to get this money to you now.
    Fingers crossed.;)XX
  • donotpassgo_2
    Options
    Good News,

:beer::beer::j:j:j:beer::beer:
    Following everyones advice I had claimed misselling with MBNA, Newkid suggested I phone them as they were over 8weeks plus I sent a reminder giving them a further fortnight. Anyway plucked up the courage and phoned them this morning and spoke with a very helpful cheery young man who said they were giving me an early christmas pressy and b'day pressie and have refunded the cc with £1566. :T:T:T:T

Yippeee. the letter had been sent out 15th Dec. I asked if they were busy he said that they were v busy but trying to get as many claims through before christmas...........so good luck everyone.

That brings our total so far to £5716 yippeeeee.

Thank you once again you are angels:A
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Good News,

Following everyones advice I had claimed misselling with MBNA, Newkid suggested I phone them as they were over 8weeks plus I sent a reminder giving them a further fortnight. Anyway plucked up the courage and phoned them this morning and spoke with a very helpful cheery young man who said they were giving me an early christmas pressy and b'day pressie and have refunded the cc with £1566. :T:T:T:T

Yippeee. the letter had been sent out 15th Dec. I asked if they were busy he said that they were v busy but trying to get as many claims through before christmas...........so good luck everyone.

Well done donotpassgo...:T:beer::j
  • di3004
    Options
    Good News,

Well done and Congratulations to you hun, so pleased for you.
    :beer::j:T:beer:.
    :xmassign::xmastree::snow_grin
  • Sassy1_2
    Options
    • What were you reclaiming: Two Loans (May 2003 & August 2003)
    • Who was the provider: Black Horse Personal Finance
    • How much did you get back: £3,195.26
    • Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: After two letters to Black Horse
    • And then write your brief reclaim tale
    I took out a loan in May 2003 with PPI at the insistence of a salesperson that mislead me that my credit application would not succeed without PPI. The PPI was taken as a single premium which was put on top of my loan and which I then had to pay interest on. I took out a second loan in August 2003 which consolidated my previous one, again with PPI and still as a single premium. I took out a third loan in October 2004 and consolidated my previous loan again. As this was secured against my property I managed to get this without PPI.

On both occasions when PPI was purchased I made it clear I did not want it as I was employed by a government agency so it was unlikely I would be made redundant. If made redundant I would get a good redundancy package and also if off sick I would get 6 months full pay and then 6 months half pay.

After reading Martin Lewis’ website that I could claim this back I downloaded the template letter and sent it off on 5th November. On 12th November I received a letter from Black Horse stating they had investigated my claim and could find no evidence of mis-selling. They advised when I took out the agreements they had posted me out my agreement documents and full policy terms and conditions which also explained that the policy could be cancelled in full without cost to me within 30 days of the date of the agreement. They also said I couldn’t refer my case to the FOS as they were not subject to them until 14th January 2005. I phoned FOS who agreed they couldn't look at this case but said they were trialling cases against policy underwriters, which in my case would be Lloyds TSB General Insurance.

I decided to send a second letter to Black Horse asking for their final response assuming it would be another no and then I would write to the underwriters which would be another no and then could finally go to FOS.

So on 18th November I wrote to Black Horse again reiterating that I still maintained I was missold my policies and wanted them to reconsider and if a satisfactory conclusion was not reached I would have to take this to court. I referred to the fact that the PPI was taken as a single premium and these were very unfavourable to customers and I knew they no longer sold them. In answer to them stating they posted me out documentation I replied that this 'seems to be an over-reliance on product documentation at the expense of explaining to your customers orally' and that in previous cases in which the FOS has upheld the complaint they have stated that ‘whilst it is important that the customer has access to the full policy documentation, it is not enough for the firm to say it met its obligations simply by sending the customer the policy document and highlighting the customer’s right to cancel the policy.’ Their salesperson had verbally misled me and therefore I just thought the printed documentation was just a formality.

To my surprise yesterday I received a letter from Black Horse advising that having considered the information I had provided they still could not find evidence to support my allegations that the policies were missold, however as a goodwill gesture they would refund me all sums paid towards the insurance and add 8% statutory interest onto it.

I’m returning my acceptance form today with much delight and glee! A little person has won against the big guns again!!
  • di3004
    Options
    Sassy1 wrote: »
    • What were you reclaiming: Two Loans (May 2003 & August 2003)
    • Who was the provider: Black Horse Personal Finance
    • How much did you get back: £3,195.26
    • Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: After two letters to Black Horse
    • And then write your brief reclaim tale
    I took out a loan in May 2003 with PPI at the insistence of a salesperson that mislead me that my credit application would not succeed without PPI. The PPI was taken as a single premium which was put on top of my loan and which I then had to pay interest on. I took out a second loan in August 2003 which consolidated my previous one, again with PPI and still as a single premium. I took out a third loan in October 2004 and consolidated my previous loan again. As this was secured against my property I managed to get this without PPI.

On both occasions when PPI was purchased I made it clear I did not want it as I was employed by a government agency so it was unlikely I would be made redundant. If made redundant I would get a good redundancy package and also if off sick I would get 6 months full pay and then 6 months half pay.

After reading Martin Lewis’ website that I could claim this back I downloaded the template letter and sent it off on 5th November. On 12th November I received a letter from Black Horse stating they had investigated my claim and could find no evidence of mis-selling. They advised when I took out the agreements they had posted me out my agreement documents and full policy terms and conditions which also explained that the policy could be cancelled in full without cost to me within 30 days of the date of the agreement. They also said I couldn’t refer my case to the FOS as they were not subject to them until 14th January 2005. I phoned FOS who agreed they couldn't look at this case but said they were trialling cases against policy underwriters, which in my case would be Lloyds TSB General Insurance.

I decided to send a second letter to Black Horse asking for their final response assuming it would be another no and then I would write to the underwriters which would be another no and then could finally go to FOS.

So on 18th November I wrote to Black Horse again reiterating that I still maintained I was missold my policies and wanted them to reconsider and if a satisfactory conclusion was not reached I would have to take this to court. I referred to the fact that the PPI was taken as a single premium and these were very unfavourable to customers and I knew they no longer sold them. In answer to them stating they posted me out documentation I replied that this 'seems to be an over-reliance on product documentation at the expense of explaining to your customers orally' and that in previous cases in which the FOS has upheld the complaint they have stated that ‘whilst it is important that the customer has access to the full policy documentation, it is not enough for the firm to say it met its obligations simply by sending the customer the policy document and highlighting the customer’s right to cancel the policy.’ Their salesperson had verbally misled me and therefore I just thought the printed documentation was just a formality.

To my surprise yesterday I received a letter from Black Horse advising that having considered the information I had provided they still could not find evidence to support my allegations that the policies were missold, however as a goodwill gesture they would refund me all sums paid towards the insurance and add 8% statutory interest onto it.

I’m returning my acceptance form today with much delight and glee! A little person has won against the big guns again!!

WOW, brilliant :T:T:T:j:j:j:beer::beer:
    Congratulations, and thank you for sharing your news, it will help many on here as well, cheers.:beer:X
  • goaliesmum
    Options
    • What were you reclaiming: PPI
    • Who was the provider: Bank of Scotland
    • How much did you get back: £5505.62 ( inc interest)
    • Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: 1st Letter
    Wrote to BOS 29/09/09 claiming misselling on a loan taken out Jan 2003.

Received 2 holding letters, looking into complaint.

Had a bit of a wait for figures due to MBNA not sending info through.

:jToday I have received a letter in lunchtime post. Payment will be made by cheque within the next 14 days.

For anyone who needs breakdown

Refund of premium added at inception £3222.45
    Refund of interest added at inception £ 905.03
    Compensatory interest @ 8% £1378.14

Many thanks to all who have offered advice and support through this. I would also add thanks to the team at BOS who have been helpful and professional in the dealings I have had with them :T. I have been told that my previous loan PPI claim is being calculated and will receive info soon.

I can't wait to get this money and pay off some horrid high interest cards, and the amount is a little more than I had calculated so that is a bonus.

Good luck everyone. :D
    BOS - 2 x Loan PPI 14/11/09 :D upheld 5505.62 + 591.72 Barclays - 31/03 Loan PPI & Overdraft PPI Upheld £28000
    Santander-CC PPI :mad: Refusal, pre 2005, SAR 09/12 now with FLA Capital One -CC PPI, refused, 2nd letter sent & 3rd Received Plevin
    HSBC - Loan PPI 09/12 letter from branch to restructure loan? :D10/12 Upheld £4837.28 with interest
  • di3004
    Options
    goaliesmum wrote: »
    • What were you reclaiming: PPI
    • Who was the provider: Bank of Scotland
    • How much did you get back: £5505.62 ( inc interest)
    • Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: 1st Letter
    Wrote to BOS 29/09/09 claiming misselling on a loan taken out Jan 2003.

Received 2 holding letters, looking into complaint.

Had a bit of a wait for figures due to MBNA not sending info through.

:jToday I have received a letter in lunchtime post. Payment will be made by cheque within the next 14 days.

For anyone who needs breakdown

Refund of premium added at inception £3222.45
    Refund of interest added at inception £ 905.03
    Compensatory interest @ 8% £1378.14

Many thanks to all who have offered advice and support through this. I would also add thanks to the team at BOS who have been helpful and professional in the dealings I have had with them :T. I have been told that my previous loan PPI claim is being calculated and will receive info soon.

I can't wait to get this money and pay off some horrid high interest cards, and the amount is a little more than I had calculated so that is a bonus.

Good luck everyone. :D

Absolutely fantastic :j:j:beer::T:TCongratulations:beer:
    And :xmassign::xmastree::snow_grinXXX
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills