how do I make a serious complaint to Tesco?

Options
I wondered if anyone knows of an address or email to make a complaint to? this is the 2nd time this year I've been the brunt of disability ignorance from Tesco delivery men. Todays one tried to refuse to bring my shopping in and finally did, but then refused to take away the green crates unless I lifted my shopping out of them. I explained again I have disabilities but he said that I wasn't normal as everyone else helps him with carrying it in. He didn't believe I have a disability because I didn't look disabled. When I asked him if he could do the lifting he just laughed and shook his head kept arguing the toss with me that I'm the only person who doesn't take the shopping in or lift it out of the crates. I told him I thought that Tesco were happy to deliver to the fridge door and he said he had never heard of that . I'm so sick of arguing with Tesco delivery men, and to be told I'm not normal really upset me as I am waiting for my 5th bowel surgery on top of arthritis and M.E , even though I'm young. The last time this happened, Tesco took 6 months to get a manager to ring me even though I rang twice a week. they said that the driver would be retrained in disability awareness, but it's apparent to me that they are not disability aware as I've had at least 3 incidents. one demanded for me to prove to him I had a disability, called me lazy and again said that I was the only one who didn't help the men carry the shopping and that even the disabled custom,ers tried to help.. It is dangerous for me to lift anything heavy as I have had so many bowel surgeries, colostomies and hernias and I'm on my 3rd hernia. My belly is a mess, hence why I have carers to help me do heavy chores. The only reason I stay with Tesco other than asda is that thgeir delivery slots are 1 hour as opposed to 2 and that means that I can coordinate a delivery with my carer arriving to put the shopping away.S9orry for the rant.. I am really angry and upset with Tesco.. shame on them
Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)

Comments

• Takeaway_Addict
    Options
    I wondered if anyone knows of an address or email to make a complaint to? this is the 2nd time this year I've been the brunt of disability ignorance from Tesco delivery men.

Todays one tried to refuse to bring my shopping in and finally did, but then refused to take away the green crates unless I lifted my shopping out of them. I explained again I have disabilities but he said that I wasn't normal as everyone else helps him with carrying it in. He didn't believe I have a disability because I didn't look disabled.

When I asked him if he could do the lifting he just laughed and shook his head kept arguing the toss with me that I'm the only person who doesn't take the shopping in or lift it out of the crates. I told him I thought that Tesco were happy to deliver to the fridge door and he said he had never heard of that .

I'm so sick of arguing with Tesco delivery men, and to be told I'm not normal really upset me as I am waiting for my 5th bowel surgery on top of arthritis and M.E , even though I'm young. The last time this happened, Tesco took 6 months to get a manager to ring me even though I rang twice a week. they said that the driver would be retrained in disability awareness, but it's apparent to me that they are not disability aware as I've had at least 3 incidents. one demanded for me to prove to him I had a disability, called me lazy and again said that I was the only one who didn't help the men carry the shopping and that even the disabled custom,ers tried to help.. It is dangerous for me to lift anything heavy as I have had so many bowel surgeries, colostomies and hernias and I'm on my 3rd hernia. My belly is a mess, hence why I have carers to help me do heavy chores. The only reason I stay with Tesco other than asda is that thgeir delivery slots are 1 hour as opposed to 2 and that means that I can coordinate a delivery with my carer arriving to put the shopping away.S9orry for the rant.. I am really angry and upset with Tesco.. shame on them
    Did you not put a note on the shopping to say you would need help lifting it out?

Also if you coordinate it to come when your carer is there why could they not do it?

The driver obviously was in the wrong and I would suggest you send a recorded letter rather than phone.
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,845 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I always think that an old fashioned letter is better than an e-mail or phone call when making a serious complaint

Tesco customer services address is

Tesco Customer Service Centre,
    Baird Avenue
    Dundee
    DD1 9NF

you might want to send a copy of the letter to the particular store in question too (I'd just address it to 'the store manager')
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 20 August 2014 at 12:56AM
    Options
    thanks guys.. I do try and coordinate it with the carers but they are from an agency and are often running late.. I can't see where I could put a note online.. I will figure it out though
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • SlowCooker
    Options
    When I shop with Asda they email me to specify the 1 hour delivery window on the morning of the delivery date. However, I'm not sure if Asda drivers are more helpful.

I think that placing smaller orders instead of one big shop might help
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    SlowCooker wrote: »
    When I shop with Asda they email me to specify the 1 hour delivery window on the morning of the delivery date. However, I'm not sure if Asda drivers are more helpful.

I think that placing smaller orders instead of one big shop might help

Or, in the case of Tesco, slap you with £4 extra charge if under (I think) £30.

Could a neighbour help if the carer is not there?

CK
    💙💛 💔
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Write to your local newspaper?
  • olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I would go straight to the top and write to the chief executive (currently Philip Clarke) at their head office:

Tesco PLC
    New Tesco House
    Delamare Road
    Cheshunt
    Hertfordshire
    EN8 9SL.

Re putting a message on the order, there is a box on the "book a slot" section, right at the bottom - part 3, "leave instructions". You can add a note there for the driver. I've always found the drivers really pleasant and helpful. I'm sorry that you've had this experience.
  • Paully232000
    Paully232000 Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    I would as well, send it recorded delivery, or whatever they call it to be sure and have proof that they received it.
    Although i have always found drivers to be polite, and accommodating that is shocking service, not just the not helping but the mocking attitude that you describe.
    and really goes without saying not to use them again.
    Hope you get it sorted.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,165 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've only had a delivery once, and the driver brought in the green box and put it on my kitchen table where I said; I unpacked it, which I think was reasonable.

I do not think it is reasonable for them to expect the customer to carry it and they should certainly be courteous at all times.

It's also worth noting that they are probably on a tight schedule, so if you don't like one then the best way of getting at them is to waste their time.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ocado do one hour delivery slots, lift the bags out the boxes, and carry them to your kitchen.

Also cheaper than Tesco, so money saving, although some of their fruit and veg can be a little hit and miss!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure