how do I make a serious complaint to Tesco?

Options

Comments

• dodger1
    dodger1 Posts: 4,579 Forumite
    Options
    I'm so sick of arguing with Tesco delivery men

This tells me it happens often. The best way to complain is with your feet, go elsewhere, why haven't you already?
    It's someone else's fault.
  • dodger1
    Options
    thanks for all the replies. I love ocado but it is too expensive for me! I will put a note on my account, but I am tired of arguing the toss with them, I tell them I have disabilities making m e unable to lift and carry things and once they know, they shouldn't argue it further, it wastes their time more than mine, but it does upset me.

Just a thought, my late mother had her normal carers plus a carer who did her shopping for her once a week and when mum felt able she actually went with the carer, is this not an option for you? Wouldn't hurt to ask.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 August 2014 at 7:23PM
    Options
    dodger1 wrote: »
    This tells me it happens often. The best way to complain is with your feet, go elsewhere, why haven't you already?

The op has already said she is staying with them because of the 1 hour delivery slot.

If the driver did actually say" you're not normal ", the OP deserves an apology.

Just going elsewhere is the easy way. Taking tesco to task over this is the only way attitudes to the disabled are going to change.

I wish the OP good luck .
  • dodger1
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    The op has already said she is staying with them because of the 1 hour delivery slot.

If the driver did actually say" you're not normal ", the OP deserves an apology.

Just going elsewhere is the easy way. Taking tesco to task over this is the only way attitudes to the disabled are going to change.

I wish the OP good luck .

OP said she's "sick of arguing with Tesco delivery men" which means it's a regular thing. OP also said "The last time this happened, Tesco took 6 months to get a manager to ring me even though I rang twice a week".

It's pretty obvious Tesco won't change anything, going elsewhere may be the easy option but I believe the only one that will work. As for the one hour delivery, that wouldn't be necessary if the delivery driver did his/her job properly, also probably not really necessary as the carers can't guarantee when they will be there. Yes OP deserves an apology but I believe that nothing else would actually improve without many customer complaints and customers going elsewhere.
  • Takeaway_Addict
    Options

Quite a ridiculous judgement really against Tesco.
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • Adora-Bell-Dearheart
    Options
    Agree re decision above! Tesco is a fuel garage not a maintenance one!!
    lloyds 1350/ rbs cc 1921.89/ mbna 3323.53/ barclays cc 5402.77/ nationwide l 8460.88/ current total debt 20459.07:eek::eek::eek:
    Will update ever month end.
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    Quite a ridiculous judgement really against Tesco.

Welcome to the bennies culture lad. There is money to be had!
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ridiculous it may or may not be. But what it shows is that the law does take discrimination seriously, and that is what the op experienced.
  • Takeaway_Addict
    Options
    Ridiculous it may or may not be. But what it shows is that the law does take discrimination seriously, and that is what the op experienced.
    Hopefully Tesco appealed because it wasn't discriminatory.
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure