Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning» Flight Delay Compensation

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Flybe ONLY - Page 69

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Flybe ONLY

edited 1 July 2014 at 4:05PM in Flight Delay Compensation
747 replies 236.2K views

Replies

• TyzapTyzap Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Big_dave wrote: »
    My daughter had her flight from Southend to Dublin cancelled 3 hours before the flight was due to leave on the 16th Nov due to the flight being grounded in Dublin because of "the weather condition on the east coast of Ireland". Because of this, she has been told she cannot claim compensation.

I've 2 questions.

1. As the the plane and "the weather conditions" were not in the country of departure, why can't she claim?

2. I've checked the weather for Dublin on the day before and the day of the flight and cannot see anything unusual with it. Are Flybe just fobbing her off?

Hi Big Dave,

In a word - YES.

I looked at flights going into and out of Dublin during the morning, afternoon and evening on 16th. There were no indications of any problems at all, no diversions, no holding, therefore no bad weather.

Their excuse is not a valid EC (reason to refuse compensation)

Flybe are in financial dire straights, as a result they may be doing everything they can to deflect claims.

Push them again, stating that there were no weather related problems that day, if they still refuse ask for a referral to AviationADR, who will independently adjudicate on her case, in her favour imo.

https://www.aviationadr.org.uk/completing-the-form/

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Thanks, I'll tell her to contact them again.
  • edited 24 November 2018 at 5:51PM
    bettybellebettybelle Forumite
    135 posts
    edited 24 November 2018 at 5:51PM
    I was due to fly out of Belfast City to Leeds Bradford last night at 1840. The flight was originally delayed to 2025. No probs, we thought, we’ll just hit the bar. Into our 2nd drink at around 8pm, the flight was cancelled due to “operational reasons” The next flight we could get on was 1005 this morning.
    We had driven to the airport & parked our car. Due to having drinks we had to get a taxi home (luckily we live in Belfast), & ditto, another taxi this morning.
    The 1005 was delayed til 1140 and we finally got to Leeds 18 hrs later than planned. We had prepaid our hotel room so we have paid for a night we didn’t get to use.
    We are out of pocket for the taxis to/from airport and the hotel room. Flybe are saying now the flight was cancelled due to poor weather in Leeds and the Belfast “curfew”, does this mean I can’t get compensation?
  • Edited to add - it seems a bit suspicious as the flight before was delayed and it seemed all those passengers got on “our” plane....
  • Justice13075Justice13075 Forumite
    2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Put your details into Euclaim and then bottonline and see what they say
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • JPearsJPears Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was NO bad weather in Leeds yesterday.
    Flybe usual ballcocks.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • I suspected ballcocks too! Also their rubbish about the Belfast curfew, it’s usually 930 but can be extended to midnight 🙄 So the delayed flight still had plenty of time to enter/leave Belfast.

I’ve sent a claim via Resolver 🤞🏻
  • [FONT=&quot]We were due to fly out of Paris CDG on 23rd November (last month) at 09:35, returning to Southampton after a short break in the city. The flight was cancelled with no explanation. We were given vouchers for lunch at the airport, put up in a nearby hotel and we departed the next morning. So I made a claim, via MSE's Resolver tool, for compensation under EC regulation 261/2004.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]It is worth noting that there was fog at Paris CDG that morning and all Flybe flights to other destinations such as Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle and Edinburgh were also cancelled. You can imagine how long the queue was at Flybe's service desk was and it was 3 hours before we reached the front and were able to speak to a company representative.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]It is also worth noting that ALL other flights to destinations around the world were departing - mostly on time. It was only Flybe flights that were cancelled, as far as we could see on the departure board. We had plenty of time to watch that departure board while queueing to speak to someone.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Flybe has taken some time to reply to my claim and they have rejected saying:[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The EC Regulation 261/2004 outlines all extraordinary circumstances according to the EU legislation. As flight BE3032 was cancelled due to an extraordinary circumstance, you would not be entitled to any compensation in regards to this flight. The reason that this flight was disrupted was as a result of adverse weather conditions. The Air Traffic Control would have then made the decision to reduce the operational capacity of the Airport affecting the volume of aircraft permitted to depart and arrive. When this happens, some flights are cancelled and passengers are rebooked accordingly. Unfortunately, on this occasion, flight BE3032 was one of the flights that were cancelled by ATC as a result of safety measures.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]All airlines have to adhere to these restrictions and are not allowed to take off until they are given a new time slot. These restrictions can be placed at the last minute and Flybe have no control over such decisions.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]We accept that there was some fog at Paris CDG that morning, but it can't have been severe because all other flights were departing. We feel that Flybe is just hoping that we will not pursue compensation and it seems more than a coincidence that Paris Air Traffic Control picked on just Flybe. What do others think?[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Cheers
    JohnJ[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
  • Caz3121Caz3121 Forumite
    13.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can check your details on a couple on NWNF sites
    Euclaim shows - An analysis of the data for this flight shows that an extraordinary circumstance was the cause of the delay.
    Unfortunately you are not entitled to compensation

try your details in bottonline and see if they agree.
    Fog can cause air traffic restrictions and airlines will be told to reduce their capacity as there needs to be a longer gap between flights which results in enforced cancellations
  • I recently had a FlyBe flight cancelled due to "weather" however all other flights to my destination operated - the issue is that for some reason, FlyBe's aircraft couldn't cope with the weather whereas other airlines could.

Flybe are offering to compensate me for the difference between my flight ticket (refunded) and costs incurred, however are ignoring my contacts requesting compensation under EU261 - not even acknowledging that part of my emails.

Advice?