Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning» Flight Delay Compensation

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Flybe ONLY - Page 75

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Flybe ONLY

edited 1 July 2014 at 4:05PM in Flight Delay Compensation
747 replies 236.2K views
1697071727375»

Replies

• Dark_ZeroDark_Zero Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    A phone call yesterday and they paid up over £400.00.:T
  • That's great Dark Zero! And thanks for the suggestion Justice13075. I'll ask for the deadlock letter.
  • I've had reply from Flybe about my four hour delay from Glasgow to Exeter as follows:

"Having re-investigated flight BE535 as requested, I would like to give a fuller explanation.

The flight from Glasgow to Southampton at 5:45 am, when it had taken off had the disruptive passenger, who locked themselves inside the toilet with their telephone on, after being asked to switch all electrical appliance off, as it would affect the operation of the aircraft. As this was a safety issue the flight had to return to Glasgow, where all of the passengers had to disembark and travel to Southampton by a different aircraft, which caused your delay, while the police helped the disruptive passenger.

The reason for the delay was not about your flight, but due to the operation of the planned aircraft for this flight two flights earlier and its knock on effect."

It doesn't sound entirely reasonable to me - it seems that they used "our" aircraft to take these passengers to Southampton, so it wasn't available to take us, but then why not use the Southampton plane to take us to Exeter? Do I still ask for a deadlock letter or do you think that with this they have blown my claim out of the water?
  • TyzapTyzap Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sherpa wrote: »
    I've had reply from Flybe about my four hour delay from Glasgow to Exeter as follows:

"Having re-investigated flight BE535 as requested, I would like to give a fuller explanation.

The flight from Glasgow to Southampton at 5:45 am, when it had taken off had the disruptive passenger, who locked themselves inside the toilet with their telephone on, after being asked to switch all electrical appliance off, as it would affect the operation of the aircraft. As this was a safety issue the flight had to return to Glasgow, where all of the passengers had to disembark and travel to Southampton by a different aircraft, which caused your delay, while the police helped the disruptive passenger.

The reason for the delay was not about your flight, but due to the operation of the planned aircraft for this flight two flights earlier and its knock on effect."

It doesn't sound entirely reasonable to me - it seems that they used "our" aircraft to take these passengers to Southampton, so it wasn't available to take us, but then why not use the Southampton plane to take us to Exeter? Do I still ask for a deadlock letter or do you think that with this they have blown my claim out of the water?

Ask for the letter and pursue further as you line of thinking is correct, there is more they could have done but didn't.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Long story short...
    FlyBe cancelled our flight Southampton to Glasgow. Couldn’t have been better at the time - rebooked us for following day (total 24hr later) and arranged hotels and food etc.

When I claimed compensation they originally agreed and asked for bank details etc. Then reversed their decision entirely because a family friend who worked for FlyBe had booked staff rate flights (not standby) at a discounted rate these are known as Purple Flights. FlyBe claim the regulations do not cover flights booked in this manner. I was unaware of any effect or impact on my consumer rights but they wouldn’t budge. Been to Resolver (very poor) and the Ombudsman (worse than useless).

Before I waste any more significant time on this, are FlyBe right? Am I wasting my time? Is there stated case around this circumstance? thanks..
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • JPearsJPears Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flybe are correct. Its written into the regulation:
    Article 3, para. 3
    >>

Article 3
    Scope
    3. This Regulation shall not apply to passengers travelling free of charge or at a reduced fare not available directly or indirectly to the public. However, it shall apply to passengers having tickets issued under a frequent flyer programme or other commercial programme by an air carrier or tour operator.
    <<
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • JPearsJPears Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flybe about to go bust, again......
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........