Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning» Flight Delay Compensation

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Flybe ONLY - Page 73

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Flybe ONLY

edited 1 July 2014 at 5:05PM in Flight Delay Compensation
747 replies 236.2K views

Replies

• Thanks for quick response. When you say ......lodging a claim, what do you mean?

My husband has emailed them to basically say, this is what you promised please send it over and used their online form. Is this what you mean or should we be doing something more formal?

Any idea how long these things take and when/if we should start chasing them?

Thanks very much for you advice on this.
  • TyzapTyzap Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kellersdeb wrote: »
    Thanks for quick response. When you say ......lodging a claim, what do you mean?

My husband has emailed them to basically say, this is what you promised please send it over and used their online form. Is this what you mean or should we be doing something more formal?

Any idea how long these things take and when/if we should start chasing them?

Thanks very much for you advice on this.

Hi,

There are two parallel ways to deal with this and I see no reason why you should not pursue both claims at the same time, i.e 2x 250 euros per full fare paying passenger.

The first is to do what your husband has already done, ask them to honour the promise they made to you. If they have any integrity at all this is most you would be expected to do to receive the offer they made. If the offer was an ex grata payment of 250 euros for helping them out, which is the way it sounds, you may be also entitled to a further 250 euro payment via the EU261 regulations.

In which case....

For the second claim I'm going to assume a few details, which are not clear from your post. That they did not inform you that the offer was EU261 compensation, also that you did not sign anything to say something like "in full and final settlement". I further assume that you arrived 3 or more hours after your original scheduled arrival time into Manchester.

If my assumptions are correct....

Second claim. As I previously indicated, there is a more formal method using the EU261/2004 flight delay regulations. This will result in you receiving the same amount, 250 euros per fare paying passenger. To use this method you should complete an EU261 compensation claim form on their website. Clearly state that you were denied boarding. A denied boarding claim is almost impossible for the airline to deny, all the usual defences will not apply and compensation is virtually guaranteed.

They will take as long as you allow them to settle your claim so determination is a must.

Have a read of Vaubans great flight delay guide, details just below here

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • sherpa_2sherpa_2 Forumite
    28 posts
    Hi all

I flew with Flybe from Glasgow to Exeter on 20th July, flight was just over 4 hours delayed - they originally texted us about the delay (which was then 2.5 hours I think) at 9am or so, the flight was due to leave at 11.05am.

They offered us refreshment vouchers straight away at the airport, but were evasive about the cause of the delay, Finally a new plane and crew were found and we left just over four hours late, landed just under four hours late.

My partner was eventually told that the reason for the delay was a passenger being taken ill on a previous flight, and it took too long to clean the plane. If this is true, it's clearly not their responsibility that someone was taken ill, but given the length of the delay and when the incident took place (which we don't know but it must have been very early in the morning) is it likely that a claim would be successful? I've submitted via resolver in any case, and happy to take it to Bott & Co if refused, but just wondering whether to plan on how to spend the compensation! (1000 euros for the family! :j)

(also, re Bott & Co, their fee is given as £92 for claims of 250 euros, does anyone know if our fee would therefore be £92 x 4? Seems like there should be some volume discount ...)
  • dammit5dammit5 Forumite
    6 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Our Flybe flight from Doncaster to Amsterdam on 8th July was cancelled(literally at the VERY last minute when the gate was due to open!) due to staff illness(so they told us). To be fair,Flybe treated us well,but they had to bus us down to Birmingham airport and hoteled us until the flight out next morning(9th). I claimed the EU compensation for both of us direct through Flybe's site when we got back on the 12th July,plus the cost of the Amsterdam hotel I still had to pay for the lost 8th. Despite a reminder,I've still heard nothing from them. Is there a time frame for this procedure,or do we have to just wait until they're ready to respond and pay?
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    47.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Justice13075Justice13075 Forumite
    2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstly forget about compensation for your hotel in Amsterdam the Airine is not responsible for the that, check your insurance. Download an read Vaubans Guide.
  • dammit5dammit5 Forumite
    6 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Ok,thanks.
  • DrA_HarrogateDrA_Harrogate Forumite
    334 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Hi Lotusbob

If your dates are correct you are out of time

If you mean 2017 then put your flight numbers into Bott and/or EUClaim. If this turns up positive, locate, download and twice read Vauban's guide and decide whether to do this yourself (and frankly it looks open and shut but one never knows) or hand the case, and quite a percentage of the cash, to them.
  • Irish_SteveIrish_Steve Forumite
    27 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    This is a flight delay and not a compensation query. Yesterday my wife and son were flying from Edinburgh to Southampton but their take-off was delayed and they landed 2 and a half hours after they should have (missing the 3hr compensation cutoff). However, the delay meant that they missed a train connection for which they had bought tickets. They needed to buy new tickets to reach their destination. Basically, can they get a refund from Flybe for this extra purchase as it was Flybe`s fault that they missed the original train?
  • Justice13075Justice13075 Forumite
    2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO, She can ask but I doubt it, did she have travel insurance?