PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

In my slow cooker today...

Options

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Queenie wrote:
    :j Well done, squeaky, glad you're now known by the name you wanted :T
    Much more approachable as a "squeaky" :)
    I'm pleased you didn't change your avatar ... I wouldn't have recognised you ;)
    Yes... I thought I'd better leave you a clue :p
    Enjoy your Chinese - scrumptious!
    I have every intention of doing exactly that!
    Our plans have altered, my dh is treating us tonight because today he has finally (finger's X'd) reached the end of a particular career project which he has been focused on for roughly 18mths (to the exclusion of all else - hopefully he'll recognise who we all are that will be sat around the table with him ;) ) Fair enough, he won't know for *certain* for a few more days, but at least the bulk of the stress and pressure is off - PHEW!!!!
    You know he's likely to hide in dark corners for weeks to come and he probably won't recognise food unless it comes in cardboard wrapped with plastic?
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Mmmmm....Chinese....(said in a Homer Simpson accent)
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • Joe_Bloggs
    Joe_Bloggs Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    Ever considered stir fry! It's a diffrent technique but a lot quicker in terms of cooking time.
    J_B. (Wok Tall! that's nothing like what my mama told me)
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    tiff wrote:
    Mmmmm....Chinese....(said in a Homer Simpson accent)
    Hands off - it's mine <--- font equals ginormous.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    HAve got rice pudding in mine today, smells lovely and jacket spuds in the oven due to the baked potato thread! First time I have done a dessert in the slow cooker, I might have to get a small cooker just for desserts :)
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    tiff wrote:
    HAve got rice pudding in mine today, smells lovely and jacket spuds in the oven due to the baked potato thread! First time I have done a dessert in the slow cooker, I might have to get a small cooker just for desserts :)
    You know, I've been thinking to myself all day...

..there's something you've forgotten to do... :rolleyes:
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm rice pudding.

Have used my MR every day this week - veg and shoulder of lamb tonight. Going to do a bolognaise for tomorrow night so might just have to do a rice pud in one of my other ones. :D
  • Daisy
    Daisy Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    I'm cooking tomato sauce for pasta. I'm sure I read somewhere on here (but of course can't find it now) that instead of boiling the pasta in the normal way, you can just add it to the slow cooker about 45 mins before serving. Is this correct or do you have to boil it first? I have got some fresh penne pasta so would this be different from dried pasta?
  • Princess_Fiona_2
    Options
    I put a pot roast joint of beef in it today. had it with yorkie puds and veg. Lovely scrummy yummy!!!! Will make a sausage casserole in it later on in the week. PF
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,870 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I cooked a chicken in white wine sauce in mine yesterday and instead of cutting up the chicken breasts I left them whole, it was scrummy icon10.gif
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport