PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

In my slow cooker today...

Options

Comments

• tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Well, my liver and onions were a success, put the cooker on at 1pm on high for an hour then on low. We ate at 5pm, well me and 2 kids did my son and husband will when they get home from football. I'm afraid I cheated and used some gravy granules that I am slowly getting rid of.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • tiff
    Options
    PS, cooker was less than half full which obviously means the food cooks in less time. :)
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tiff wrote:
    Prepare it all the night before and put in the fridge, just put everything in the slow cooker the next morning and switch on. The Caribbean chicken recipe tells you to brown the meat first etc but I didnt do it that way, I just threw the meat and veg in, made up the sauce separately and then poured it over the meat.

Thanks tiff. Better use it before MIL to be starts asking............
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    tiff wrote:
    Go to the top of this page, there is a blue link that says "email webmaster with Registration/technical problems".
    Sheesh! Seen that and thought "That's not quite what I need 'cos I don't have a problem"...

..trust me to be pedantic and only read exactly what I see. :rolleyes:

Thanks tiff.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • tiff
    Options
    Youre not my husband are you?
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    tiff wrote:
    Youre not my husband are you?

LOL.

Nope. Honest. Anyway, I've just pm'd admin ---- as in "Send an email to the webmaster" pointing out my pedantic error and asking to remove my real name and replace it with the nickname of my choice.
    chuckle.gif
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Talking of recipes - it reminds me of meat

It's the second item down:

http://www.squeaky.demon.co.uk/newsgroupsu.htm
  • tiff
    Options
    I read that, very good.

Back on topic, I think I'm going to go for a record and use my slow cooker for the 3rd day in a row tomorrow. Will defrost some chicken over night and decide what to do with it in the morning. Whats the record number of days youve used your slow cooker in a row?
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dunno tiff, but I once made 3 slow cooker meals in 19 hours. Only used 2 at once, so my record is to get all three on the go at once.
  • mah_jong
    mah_jong Posts: 1,284 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    tiff wrote:
    I read that, very good.

Back on topic, I think I'm going to go for a record and use my slow cooker for the 3rd day in a row tomorrow. Will defrost some chicken over night and decide what to do with it in the morning. Whats the record number of days youve used your slow cooker in a row?

The soup I put on yesterday evening is still going....(cut the veggies too big and started off on the low heating, will know better next time).

So 24 hours continuously ...... so far.....

But I did use it earlier that day and want it again tomorrow (providing soup cooked!!!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure