PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

In my slow cooker today...

Options

Comments

• tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    rwsteele wrote:
    Squeaky - since I pretty much live in this squeaky old chair. The original sign in asked for a user name rather than a nickname. To me they're two different things. Ho hum. :)

Oh dear, you are pedantic!

I see what you mean, send a pm to one of the admin and see if they will change it for you.

That would be brill CQ if you can manage it. We dont mind waiting :)
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    OMG!!!! my typing's gone to pot too!!!! ... maybe I should eat something to mop the glass of wine I've just guzzled :o

:rotfl: I can just see that thread with all the recipes put together by you after your visit to the Arms and all that red wine - just imagine the typo's!!

It'll put that Whisky Fruit Cake recipe into another league!!! ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    tiff wrote:
    Oh dear, you are pedantic!

I see what you mean, send a pm to one of the admin and see if they will change it for you.

That would be brill CQ if you can manage it. We dont mind waiting :)
    Yeah, that's me. Pedantic. I have this nasty habit of calling a spade a spade, a fork a fork, and a pint of milk a pint of milk. :)

Note to self: check that no has the name already AND learn how to PM an admin.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Queenie
    Options
    Hope you are writing all those note to "Self" on junk mail scraps ;)
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Queenie wrote:
    Hope you are writing all those note to "Self" on junk mail scraps ;)
    Yes boss. Honest boss.

I've checked and no one else is using the nickname but I haven't yet caught on to how to talk to admin. Hm. :confused:
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Queenie
    Options
    Nice one - thought you would be! :beer:
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Queenie wrote:
    Nice one - thought you would be! :beer:
    :) But I still haven't been able to find out how to contact admin. Searching, so far, has been less than helpful. It might be in sra's Q&A but I can't even find _that_ now. harumph.

Back to the grindstone...
  • tiff
    Options
    Go to the top of this page, there is a blue link that says "email webmaster with Registration/technical problems".
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just found this thread. Duh. Don't know where I've been for the past few days (well, college, lock up your children as I'll soon be a primary teacher!). However, I've seen the great recipe for Caribbean Chicken and as I have a brand new slow cooker, courtesy of my MIL-to be, I'll be using it for the first time at the weekend on.... Caribbean Chicken.

By the way, I never have any time in the morning (don't get out of bed in time) to do anything more than get ready for school/college and leave the house. Can I do the preparation the night before, leave the concoction in the fridge (or slow cooker) over night then switch it on in the morning or do I have to get up earlier????!

Thanks.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • tiff
    Options
    Prepare it all the night before and put in the fridge, just put everything in the slow cooker the next morning and switch on. The Caribbean chicken recipe tells you to brown the meat first etc but I didnt do it that way, I just threw the meat and veg in, made up the sauce separately and then poured it over the meat.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure