PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

O/S Daily Thread for Tuesday 30th Jan, 2007

Options

Comments

• Crazychik
    Crazychik Posts: 1,994 Forumite
    Options
    Oh gosh taplady, that must be awfull ref your DS smoking.

:T to your hubby, hope he manages it this time! It is hard, but Im sure he will persevear! (sp)

DD decided not to go to cubs tonight afterall, DS still wants to go though.

Here's hoping for an early night.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    crazychick - oh no, thats sad news ((hugs)) to you & yr family x

snoozer - ooo thats a posh pic on yr avatar!

blairweech - now if when the council send a bill for c.tax - maybe we should say - I get back to you within 5 days!! we are not allowed 30 days etc to reply are we??? i must do our budget planner - but the thought of it - ugg!

Well Ive ordered a new saucepan set from QVC - stainless steel outside with non-stick coating inside - so we'll see how they fare.
  • Horasio
    Horasio Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    donny-gal wrote:
    CCStar, maybe cost a little, but if you bought a USB Hard Drive, you could put all the MP3's CD's and Videos (converted via PC) on there, and this would just be size of 1 book.

Additonally illegal of course, but you could then sell you originals!:embarasse

Have you checked all the shoes still fit and are comfortable? Mine seem to have changed and so shoes which were ideal now are not :eek:
    We have them too but as you say, it illegal to sell the originals and sods law will happen if I do too!

I had a major throw out of shoes a few months back and I don't have that many tbh - I can't get them to fit.
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
  • Mice_Elf
    Mice_Elf Posts: 292 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs to CrazyChik & family.

Taplady : Good luck to your husband in quitting smoking. Awful news about your 14 year old smoking though...it's never nice to hear stuff like that. I remember finiding out about my brother starting smoking. He was a little older than your son but it's still a feeling of disappointment...and that was for my brother, let alone my son. My brother has finally decided to stop smoking as well...for many years my mum's asked, begged, cajoled and given him anti-smoking articles to read, but it wasn't the right time for him and *he* didn't want to quit, so none of it worked. However, this past Christmas he has decided to give it up and so far he has done extremely well.
    So...best of luck to your husband and son in giving it up... :)

Took my daughter to Sing & Sign today. Don't really think it's necessary anymore as she can make herself understood really easily now and new words are appearing every day. It's so remarkable to hear her say a new recognisable word and it's fascinating hearing which words are "easy" to say and which have to be thought about. :) For instance, she can say "Can't find you", "Where's it gone?", "Carpet", "Thank you" etc but can't say "rabbit". :D We have 4 rabbits and they are all "Hop". Sometimes they are "big hop" (the daddy) and sometimes it's "more hop" (when she can see 3 of them), but they're all "hops" :D

After S&S I took her to the park to run about a bit and exhaust myself lifting her on and off the steps and up and down the slide. A work-out for us both. :D

Got my slow cooker out today again and after spending 15 minutes ransacking my kitchen looking for the internal bowl to it, realised that it was in fact in the slow cooker. D'oh!!! Have therefore prepared tomorrow's dinner already!

Also done some baking which Daughter will help to ...uhm.... decorate later on when she wakes up. She loves decorating cakes. Lobbing sprinkles in the vague direction of the cake, making my kitchen look pretty.... Some of the sprinkles actually make it onto the cake! :D

Feeling quite chuffed as I counted up my shrapnel jar last night and it came to over £126!! Going to throw it at a credit card, once I get the bags from the bank.

Last day tomorrow for the Halifax to respond with regards to the bank charges, so have prepared my 3rd letter giving them 7 days notice and will post it tomorrow if nothing appears in the post.

Think that's about it from me today! :) Hope everyone is well.
  • MushyPeas
    MushyPeas Posts: 3,104 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    ((((crazychik)))) sorry to read the bad news MPxx
    Previous debt: £14K :embarasse Debt free: Sept '03 :DMFW#42 Mortgage OP savings £4271.18/£12000 2019 :)Started dating OH Mar '12, married Oct '12, Walnut born Dec ' 12 :A SPC 12: 99 £38.05/£500 Make money Jan: £412.34/£310 :T Feb: £88.79/£280 May: £215.52/£310 June: £18.98/£300
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,870 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    gingin wrote:
    Edit : Glad - My mum always used to slice roast beef and cook it again like a steak and do a red wine and mushroom sauce with it. That was always nice. I like to make a chilli with my leftover beef. It's always really tender.

I'm going to do this, though I might cube the beef to make a bourguignon and serve with rice :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • AMIE399
    AMIE399 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    hugs to crazychick x x x
    slimmimg world weight loss 6lbs
    started 27/1/10
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone :hello:

(((hugs))) to all those in need.

Our wireless router died the other night and DH has managed to fix it now, so I can post once more! :j :j

I initially only had 2.5 days of supply work booked for this week, but I got an early morning call on Monday morning into one school because of sickness and that has sorted out the other 2.5 days! :beer: That's a full working week! Brilliant! It's especially brilliant as we're going up to the Lakes over half term, with some friends and I feel a trip to buy nice fleeces is in order. :D

We had a trip to the rugby on Saturday and my boys won, yet again! :j :j It was also the return of Jonny Wilkinson - who doesn't play for my boys, but against them. It was nice to see some decent legs getting a run out. :D :beer: If you are able to watch the Six Nations, then do inspect the quality of JW's legs. :whistle: :D

DH took me out for our "6 monthiversary" on Sunday (though it was officially yesterday :D). We had a LOVELY meal and a bonus was that I didn't cook it or do the washing up! :D

I'm afraid, I have no more exciting news. (or no more news :p )

Vicky
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • Roz_V
    Roz_V Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    Options
    (((hugs))) to crazychick and to anybody else in need.

Re. Edale I can honestly assure you that nothing has changed in the last sixty years, never mind since 1981 :rotfl: I worked in one of the cafes there over the summer (and have done for the last 4 summers) and the village consists of: Youth Hostel, Champion House (bit like a youth hostel, and I guess where dlb's kids will be going - went there on a Brownie Pack Holiday about 10yrs ago!!), 2 pubs, 2 cafes and a Post Office/Shop... Oh and a couple of campsites... Loads to do in the surrounding area though, walking, orienteering, climbing, rafting, caving, streaming, canoing (sp?) you name it, it's available locally... In fact the canoing is done in the reservoir opposite my parents' house...

Not much done here today. Have been at uni most of the daylight hours and my workload just from 2 modules and my dissertation is unbelievable :eek: WM is on for 2nd time, whole flat is hoovered, polished and decluttered. Off out to TGI Fridays this evening with OHs parents - will be using the BOGOF vouchers we received after eating there in December, and the remainder will be paid for using Pigsback Vouchers :D

To make up for my laziness, there will be a lot of OS tomorrow as I have a full day at home. I need to clean the shelves from my oven, update all my spending accounts, clear the pile of clutter from the kitchen table and work out what food needs eating as a priority in order to create space in the freezer to store all the meals I will make with all the food that needs cooking/eating soon... I also need to draw up a timetable to tackle the huge pile of uni work that I have.

Have a good evening everyone xxx
  • Crazychik
    Crazychik Posts: 1,994 Forumite
    Options
    Good Evening All

mice-elf your daughter sounds like a darling - bless her! :T

Dinner done, pack ups done, DW emptied, reloaded & on again.
    OH will take DS to scouts in a bit, I will chill out in a hot bubble bath, and then hit the sack.

My ex rung earlier, no more news, he says his dad looks well (considering), his dad doesn't know half of what's going on! As it could stress him out even more!
    They have to discuss "what to do" if it comes to the crunch, re-sussitate or not!

Thanks for everyone's well wishes. DD has done a lovely picture for her grandad so will post that tomorrow.

Good night all - Take care
    Love as usual
    Emma xxx
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport