PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

O/S Daily Thread for Tuesday 30th Jan, 2007

Options

Comments

• looby-loo_2
    looby-loo_2 Posts: 1,566 Forumite
    Options
    It's been good to sit and chill out, do nothing and reflect on my life for half an hour whilst reading this thread. I've lurked a while and read many OS and green posts but never this one.

So iteresting to see how so people fill thier days with the important things in life. I'm still in a turmoil about where to go from here but some of this puts it into perspective. I made another thread but still can't decide.

This morning at work had a call from DH to say the hospital have rung to call him in for a bone scan. He is recovering from a cancer op so this scan is scary.

Then a nasty incident where a student threatened to jump over stairwell, legs off ground and leaning right over, I had to grab her and restrain her - I 've never shouted so loud for help, but help came and it took four of us to get her to safety. She did same last week and has a 32 1/2 hour escourt to get her back into school but how can that help when she runs off? I got carers to collect her but I think she may not come back - but at least she's safe for now.

Then a perpetual truant turned up for the first time this year. She wants to apply to college where she went for Work Experience and asked me to help her apply. If it keeps her 'off the street' which is where she often is of course I will help so that was another hour. We got as much a we could done - she won't be in tomorrow.

This meant I lost time preparing for a meeting tomorrow so I stayed late to do all the paper work, 24 pages. Got home at 6.10 and when I logged on had two emails from folk attending tomorrows meeting saying they had to cancel. At least the paperwork is done for when it's rearranged.

Sometimes I hate the job, but then sometimes it's worthwhile. I'm a teacher who doesn't teach - all admin. Is that what it's all about?

Then I get home and DH asks why I'm late again, the house is in a mess and I'm too phisically and emotionally tired to do anything about it.

Now I'm off to cook the tea before preparing for tomorrow.

Thanks for listening to my moan. Good wishes to everyone who's feeling stressed xxx
    Doing voluntary work overseas for as long as it takes .......
    My DD might make the odd post for me
  • MushyPeas
    MushyPeas Posts: 3,104 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hiya looby loo

Welcome to the daily thread. Gosh, sounds like you had a busy day and have lots on your plate at the moment! I hope everything goes well for your OH with the scan, fingers crossed.
    MPx
    Previous debt: £14K :embarasse Debt free: Sept '03 :DMFW#42 Mortgage OP savings £4271.18/£12000 2019 :)Started dating OH Mar '12, married Oct '12, Walnut born Dec ' 12 :A SPC 12: 99 £38.05/£500 Make money Jan: £412.34/£310 :T Feb: £88.79/£280 May: £215.52/£310 June: £18.98/£300
  • grannybroon
    grannybroon Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well you lot - you have put me through the mill today. Folk with appointments, poorly relatives and all the rest.

The school trip thing is a difficult one. I am loosely involved with all these issues and because of prosecutions fairly recently schools are tightening up. Risk assessments have to be done as do checks. However, our local schools acknowledge that there is a broad range of parents and income (I am not casting insults here!) who really struggle. It is inevitable. Our local school has parents who cannot even afford the cost of outdoor breaks. They do huge fundraising - the kids do a wee second hand book sale, Mums do bring and buy or a baking sale. No-one is left behind because of money and school transport budget picks up the difference. The school feels that children (or parents) should not feel discriminated against because of lack of funds.

Love to those tomorrow who are having to go for checks, results etc. Thoughts are with you.

Went into someone's profile today and called up their posts here and on other sites and was totally shocked. I think sometimes there are a few porkies going on! What is the point. I have read things today with one poster that don't add up between threads. This is not what this is all about. I have nothing to hide, I am up front, posting very personal stuff, but still very real and current. I don't need to invent stuff to get your sympathy or thanks.

Thanks to those who pm'd me. I did reply to you.

Love, thoughts and hugs to you all.

GB
  • Dumyat
    Dumyat Posts: 2,143 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    welcome looby-lou. hope your OH gets good news from his scan.
    and crazy chick so sorry to read your update.
    x x x
  • stefejb
    stefejb Posts: 1,725 Forumite
    Options
    wow loobyloo - what a horrid day - pour yourself a large one

Spent an hour and a half at the ENT clinic with 10yodd. For three years now the Commnity health Team have been checking her hearing which is deteriorating and just referring her for more checks. Well our new doctor referred her to the consultant and it turns out that they haven't been sending the results to the consultant like they're meant to. Upshot is that she needs grommets again and her adenoids may have grown back :eek: She will also be referred for a temporary (i hope) hearing aid.

have a good evening all
    stef
    I'm going to feed our children non-organic food and with the money saved take them to the zoo - half man half biscuit 2008
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,616 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Shez,

My avatar is dd and ds at their cousin's wedding. You can probably tell I'm very proud of them!
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    [QUOTE=CCStar]

I had a major throw out of shoes a few months back and I don't have that many tbh - I can't get them to fit.[/QUOTE]

Don't tell me Size 8, wide fitting, or as my Mum used to say (she had the same too) next ones up are the boxes themselves! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • Roz_V
    Roz_V Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    Options
    Went into someone's profile today and called up their posts here and on other sites and was totally shocked. I think sometimes there are a few porkies going on! What is the point. I have read things today with one poster that don't add up between threads. This is not what this is all about. I have nothing to hide, I am up front, posting very personal stuff, but still very real and current. I don't need to invent stuff to get your sympathy or thanks

:o I think that's me... I said in the FlyLady thread that I would be very busy with housework today, yet admitted on here that I'd done nothing :o :rotfl: You know which is the truth though... I would never let Moggins down ;) :A :p

Seriously though GB, it's sad when you find out something like that. I too post very personal stuff at times as I don't really have anyone that I can talk to in "real life" so you lot really are my social support group (at aged 20 that makes me sound very pathetic, but I do have friends, just not ones that I feel I can tell the stuff I tell you lot, I think it's the anonymity that I like)

:grouphug: to you anyway, I think most people are genuine, on this board at least, so don't let us lot that lie about how much housework we've done put you off!!

xxx
  • Horasio
    Horasio Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    donny-gal wrote:
    Don't tell me Size 8, wide fitting, or as my Mum used to say (she had the same too) next ones up are the boxes themselves! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

DG
    I am an inbetween size, neither a 5 or 6

I am the same with clothes - 14 too small, 16 too big

It does save money tho':D
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
  • ShirleyPark_2
    Options
    Good evening. Can't believe the time, only managaed to sit down at the computer about an hour ago.

Thankyou to everyone who wished me luck with the promotion. It's still undecided. The other internal candidate was turned down for it, and my boss said if it was up to him he would offer it to me today. However.... because the guy who currently has that role (he's leaving hence the vacancy) did a lousy job of it the MD doesn't want to make the same mistake again. So the MD has asked for atleast one external candidate to be interviewed as a bench mark, no idea how long that is going to take.

Sat down with the BF after dinner tonight and planned 2 weeks worth of meals and wrote the shopping list for tomorrow. It'll be a challenge to come in within budget for the month, but he's finally accepting that we need to be a little more careful about what we spend. I've been saying that for the past 6 months!!

3 more things I had listed on amazon sold today, 2 of those were the BF's nintendo DS games, sold 6 out of the 7 in less than a week, so off to the post office again for me tomorrow. Even with postage he'll make more than if he took them to computer exchange in town, which is where he's taking the DS tomorrow to trade in.

Hope everyone else's day has been ok. (((hugs))) for those of you in need.
    Debts: Mum £3923 0% APR
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family