PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread for Tuesday 30th Jan, 2007

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for 30.1.07. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

:wave: Good morning Campers! :wave:

Cant switch off! AGAIN :mad:

Everyone fast asleep (incl) animals, by me! Took a sleeping tablet - not worked! No dount I will asleep at work at this rate! :rolleyes:

Went to the hospital with mum to see our friend. She looks so much better. I told her she only came in for a holiday. She hopes to come home soon. They gave her an injection in her stomache to ease the pain. Not sure what stage the bowel cancer is at. Sorry I wasn't being ignorant, I wasn't really listening. Mind on other things

My EX texted me earlier, exFIL is usually a stong willed person, but apparently he's non-stop cried all day (which I think anyone would given that situation) EX is goin over tomorrow, Ive offered to go with him, but no response. :confused: Sorry - exM & FIL live in Birmingham. So its not as if to say we're just round the corner. Why does it happen to best! :confused:

Also in the last few days, both kids have come from school with a letter offering them a 3day adventure break with the school organised by the local County Council. Costing £83 each :eek: I would have happily paid, (more fool me & not very o/s I know) but - not only for the break myself (oooh arent I a wicked mother) but for them to have the experience like I did when I was at school. But after reading the small print, its the parents responsibilty to take/fetch the kids to/from the venue. Which is at least 50mins ish drive away. Plus its in the week so means I would have to take time off work, plus it falls on the last week of term before the 6weeks holiday. Which my DS is in yr6, and I dont want him to miss out the last day of junior school! IYSWIM.
I cant believe the cheek of the Council organising such trip and expect the parents to provide the transport. :mad: Then its left to the parents to explain to the kids why they cant go!

Anyway moan over
Hope all that follows have had a good nights sleep
(((hugs))) to those who haven't or still feeling low and poorly.
Catch you all later - off to read a book now.
Take care & love as usual
Emma xxxx
Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure

Comments

• chardonnay_2
    chardonnay_2 Posts: 2,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hi crazychick and all who follow. i'm currently on the sofa with flu and a duvet. not been to bed yet as it gets worse at night and i slept most of today.

crazychick- thats rotten about your kids trip, they should be providing transport, especially as it's not close. i remember my trip to adventure camp in high school and it was fantastic. there will probably be loads of parents in the same boat, perhaps you could work something out with them re dropping off and collecting, or organise a minibus ets. better still harrass the school to organise it,
    :love: married to the man of my dreams! 9-08-09:love:
  • smokybabe
    smokybabe Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning all. :hello:

I slept like a baby last night, mainly due to the fact that the rest of the Smoky household did so as well :D
    The coffee is goooood! this morning and being enjoyd before mayhem and bedlam starts. Ds1 hasn't appeared as yet and that is a novelty - having my coffee is peace and quiet.

Not much planned today. Work followed by a clean up all round and another pile of ironing tonight.

Oh well time to move, have a good day everyone and :grouphug: to all who are in need of one.

Smoky. xxxx
    If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape 100 days of sorrow.......Chinese proverb
    DFW No 172.
  • AMIE399
    AMIE399 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning peeps !!!!

after work today im attempting to try and sort out the spare room , i cant open the door all the way as it has so much junk in it !!!!!!

WEIGHT watchers meeting for me tonight.. not looking forward to it !!!!

got all my christmas cards and paper yesterday in Boots for 90% off i am so pleased and got all my holiday suncream using the No 7 voucher and got them 641 !!! thats me sorted for the summer !!!!

15 days to go till Florida i know im driving you all mad with the count down.. but i cant help it.. im soooo excited !!!!!

hugs to anyone not well or sad
    hugs to anyone who just needs or wants one !!!

Loraine x x x
    slimmimg world weight loss 6lbs
    started 27/1/10
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    Morning. Last day today before 3 days off. It was a long stretch...
    Things get a bit untidy when I am working too mnay days in a row. My money accounts get messy, my office looks like a bomb hit it, and my daughter's bedroom, well........ at least I can finish that off tomorrow with paint etc.
    Did anyone see that program on C4 last night about tiny people? It was incredible, fully grown adult dwarfs, who were proportionate in body structure and no bigger than dolls? Anyway
    I must package some e-bay stuff and get ready for work. Probably have to go and buy some milk as well. Kid's have drank it all again....
    Boring life is'nt it?

Forgiveness
    Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • skystar
    skystar Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone

At work all day so not much else doing.

Was at a retirement party on Saturday and had a really good night. Seen an old friend from school who I havn't seen for about 3 years so it was nice to have a catch up.

However spent most of Sunday lazing about not doing much due to late night/too much alcohol :eek:

Will pop some washing in when I get in tonight and have a quick tidy up (more than enough after a hard days work ;) ).

Well must go and prepare some food for work.

Bye for now :D
  • bellsbells
    Options
    Morning everyone,

DS was up again at 5:30 with his cold so here I am! At least starting early means that I get the majority of my jobs done now instead of tonight when I get back from work, so I must look on the bright side! Crazychik - you could ask the school to explain why no transport is put on - maybe if enough people ask they might change their policy, or you could try to do a car share?
    AMIE399 - I have slimming world tonight and am not convinced I have lost anything either! At least I have started exercising a bit more - the skipping rope I bought on Sunday is working a treat. It is really easy to do a few mins here and there and it is really hard work - harder than it looks!
    Have a good day everyone

DFW nerd no = 281 (graduate)

• ShirleyPark_2
    Options
    Morning all.

Find out today whether or not I got the promotion at work. Tonight we need to finish off the meal plans for the beginning of feb and sort out a shopping list ready for tomorrow, and then there's moggins flylady challenge. Sausage, egg, chips and beans for dinner tonight .

Hope everyone has a good day.
    Debts: Mum £3923 0% APR
  • ageandjo
    ageandjo Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    Options
    Morning peeps

I cant believe its nearly February:eek: time just flies by its scary!!
    Have to go to work in Kent today so I hope the roads are clear! Tomorrow I have to go to Swindon for work too!
    Yesterday I popped into boots and grabbed a few bargains on the advice of AMIEE:T :T my best bargain was some mark hill hairspray for 25p :T :T that was including a £3 voucher.
    I have my other nephew flown over from OZ last night so I will see him this week he has flown over for the funeral at the end of the week, I am dreading it, it always seems so wrong when someone young dies. but i will have to be strong for the others.

Hope everyone is happy and well
  • Dumyat
    Dumyat Posts: 2,143 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    day off today. more studying :(

other than that will take dog a walk. my life sounds very boring.

hugs to those who need them...and those who dont ;)
    x x x
  • AMIE399
    AMIE399 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    Ageandjo.. did you come to the Bognor Boots.. i would have come to say hello..

Bellsbells.... the rope sounds like a good idea.. i think i might give it a go...im sure my neighbours think im mad.., as im allways jumping on the trampolene during the day..on my own and now if i start skipping as well !!!!! lol.. good luck with you weigh in
    slimmimg world weight loss 6lbs
    started 27/1/10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family