PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread for Tuesday 30th Jan, 2007

Options

Comments

• ageandjo
    ageandjo Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    Options
    AMIE399 wrote:
    Ageandjo.. did you come to the Bognor Boots.. i would have come to say hello..

Hiya

I went to boots at Lyons farm on the A27 as I was passing that way when I was working, next time I come into Bognor I will let you know and se eif you are free for a coffee:T
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Hopefully a quiet day today, just 1 LO and she is at nursery in the morning - i need to take some cushions i bought back to Matalan (dont match my curtains, and i thought they would) and its a good friends birthday on Thursday, so i need to buy her a pressie, still not sure what im going to get her, but will find something.
    DS has footie training tonight, so will be making a stew in the SC ready for after but apart from normal daily cleaning, havnt got much else to do, which is good.
    Right, better get ready for the Lo to get here, and my 2 need rockets up their backsides, DD came down the stairs at 8.25 yesterday, we leave at 8.30!!!

crazychik - our school have arranged a trip for year 5, Monday to friday - £218!!! Luckily and to my amazement) exOH has agreed to pay half, but its a lot of money for just a few days, i just hope they will do as much as they say, and the children get a lot out of it.
    Have a lovely day everyone (((HUGS))) to all who need/want one.
    Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!

Up bright and early and have a full day of OS planned. Due to FIL being here yesterday didnt get anything done, so today will attack the whole house.
    Upstairs need blitzing as it always does after a weekend, HAVE TO post ebay parcels, and make some goodies for lunch boxes for reat of week.
    Tea i think will be chicken wrapped in cheese and bacon, followed by something with custard.

Crazychik you know that i think its awful regarding school trip, but i would go in and tell the school its unfair!! As you know my ds1, 3 day activity trip is only £75 and that includes transport! And thats further away than your trip!!

Have to cancel one direct debit thats due out thursday as i am a tenner short, but can pay that on monday!! Well i almost managed to pay everything!!LOL

Take care Donna
    xxxx
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Morning all!Slept really well, so feeling chipper and ready to face the day! :j

Had a Governors' meeting last night - pointless. All the big decisions had already been made by the head. I asked some questions about clarification, but it was made clear that I really didn't have a say in this. The school has introduced new security measures, which means that Governors can no longer just pop into school - we need to be invited in. This seems to defeat the object, and I've not been invited in for 18 months, despite several requests. I now am completely out of touch with how the school is run, and feel ill informed to make decisions.

Off to w*** today. Have a team meeting first thing, then lots of things to do.

I bought some bread rolls to go with the HM chick pea and veg burgers, but now can't find them :eek: Can you all keep a look out for them, please :D;)

While I was cooking yesterday's tea, I dropped a full botle of tabasco :eek: :mad: Made the whole kitchen reek, and my eyes water while I cleared it up. Put a new bottle onto my list.................

Fingers crossed for you, Shirley Park!

Have a great day, Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    morning all

sounds windy outside, good job i washed my candlewick bedspread last night then, my new fridge is coming this afternoon, be nice to have one again, says you have to leave it twenty four hours but might switch it on before that
    will keep my fingers crossed for you shirley, hope you get your promotion

hugs to everyone xx especially crazychicks ex fil x
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all

(((((((((((((((((((crazychick)))))))))))))) Sounds a bit like our council here too. Completely stupid.

Penpen, I thought school governers were actually supposed to be running to school? Down here they have more power than the heads.

Bad nights sleep again for me last night, I don't know what is going on as I normally sleep better when DH is in the house but he was up and down like a yoyo in the early hours and I feel like I haven't slept at all. Got to get some flying done before I head down to my parents.

Freezer stew for tea tonight :)
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • tinkerbelluk
    Options
    Morning all :D

Well didn't get to get much done yesterday after all :mad: We did however go and start looking for new kitchens and bathrooms for when the extension is done :D

Today is going to be another right off as well as I'm out with work this evening and I know it's unsocialable but all I want to do is go home and finish the ironing and give everything a good clean through!

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get it sorted.

As always take or leave the :grouphug: as needed.
    You laugh because I'm different - I laugh because you're all the same
  • mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone
    late start here so just quick
    dh gone
    packed lunches done kids had/having breakfast and getting ready for school
    need to get milk from mr t's and some meat from the butcher on the market
    then come home to paperwork phone calls
    bm to go on
    wm to go on
    have a lovely day
    ((((((((big HUGS)))))))))) to all

pam xx
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    morning all finaly booked our hol for 2008 we are off to Margerita near venuzuela took me all day to search for best price then check the school holfor next march rang the school to double check so we dont miss any time off and they said as far as they know the council web site is right lets hope they are as i am not going to be happy after spending a day sorting it out to find they are changing there mind!
    any hoo now i really need to be OS as we have to pay still only another £3000 to go:eek:
    WM on TD on DW to unload and little dog to walk before i need to drop kids off at school may start looking for a part time job as could do with the extra money not sure what to do really as i cant seem to settle to anything
    take care and have a good day
  • Littlemiss-lotsofdebt
    Options
    Morning Guys

Still feeling grotty today but going into w*** and aerobics later :A Not sure where I keep getting these blasted colds from!

Got my tyres yesterday so am £80 lighter today but at least the car is now fit to drive and will put my mind at rest during long journeys.

Plans for today include ironing when I get home and possibly cleaning the bathroom. Have the energy of a kitten but OH tends to suffer with selective sight i.e. he only sees beer in the fridge and not the ironing pile :mad:

B - Cereal
    L - Ham Salad Sandwich
    D - Soup

Have a good day everyone :D
    Its nice to be important but more important to be nice!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure