PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread for Tuesday 30th Jan, 2007

Options

Comments

• cha97michelle
    Options
    morning everyone.

I seem to be suffering from brain fog this morning. Can't get myself started. I'm still sat in my PJs, although i've fed/changed baby, and had a couple of cuppas. He's now snoozing, so i should do something, but will have to summon some energy from somewhere.

Baby has clawed at his face overnight, so his little face is a bit of a mess. I don't know why he's started doing it now as he hasn't before. :confused:

Big hugs to crazychik, ageandjo, and seroxatchick.

I'd best stir myself and get dressed, get some mince out the freezer for tea, and see what i can get done on the flylady list.

Michelle, x
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Michelle my eldest DD used to do that too, scratch mitts were a godsend :D All you can do really is make sure his nails are well trimmed apart from that.

Lord almighty it is cold out there this morning. I've had to sit down with a cup of coffee to warm up then get up off my bum as DH was up half the night (he has to work tonight so is sleeping today) and consequently the living room is a tip :( I also have to tackle some strange stain that has appeared in the hallway carpet near to the radiator, I hope it's not started to leak.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • Dumyat
    Dumyat Posts: 2,143 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    my daughter had eczema as a baby. we tried the scratch mitts until my husband caught her choking on one. after that I found some sleep suits with built in mittens for bedtime. keeping nails short is the only answer really.
    x x x
  • Crazychik
    Crazychik Posts: 1,994 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning All

seroxat chick - good luck ref your blood results

Thanks to everyone for a welcome back and wishes ref exFIL. Not heard any update yet, but qill keep you informed, he should be havinghis chest scanned today!

Ive just got back from school after having a chat with the head (its always nerve wrecking speaking to him, he is approachable, but I found on one occasion - threatening to smack him one (yes I no - not appropiate behaviour from a parent) but that was sorted and I gave him an apology)

Anyway thanks to all of your advise, his response was, in order to keep the cost of the trip down was for parents to provide their own transport, otheriwse, it would cost a further £100ish per child! if they provide coaches.He says it worked well before with parents sharing cars but now with the law change ref car seats. He would have to check everyone's car is road worthy, tax, MOT, insurance, safety of the seats, etc - which he said he physically wouldnt be able to do. (or cant be bothered)

And because its run by the local authority they have to follow these guidelines. I thought it was a well rehearsed excuse!!! IMO
    DLB where your DS1 going, is that an adventure land owned by the Derbyshire County Council? The head was coming out with some mega excuses,saying that other trips are possibly not run through the council, hence why the availability of providing cheap transport! BLAH BLAH BLAH, with that now - there is no way my kids are going! I feel sorry for them having to miss out, but I dont agree with playing taxi!

Totally agree ref earlier post, ref spending the money on our own camping equipment. Which we do have. And we have occasional wk ends away. Not only that, kids are always camping with cubs/scouts. much cheaper cost than the school.

Anyway, best go and re-iron a shirt/blouse for work, the one I did last night, shows my lumps n bumps (how i remember the days of being boobless & slim & could wear anything)

Take care, have a great day
    Love as usual
    Emma xxx
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    back on again just to say
    Seroxat Chick really pleased for you thats great news:T
    Penny Pincher sorry youre not feeling too good:grouphug:
    Crazy Chick i dont know why school trips are so dear we sent ours with scouts to Switzerland for 10 days just under £300 all in now DD2 going to Hayling Island £275:confused: hope things work out for you
    Vivw hope everything goes ok for you
  • Mrs_A.
    Mrs_A. Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    morning again,
    blimey im a bundle of nerves,
    well the hair is done, the nails are done the face is polished and im in my sunday best just want it over with now but i go that long drive ahead of me to dwell on it.
    regards
    mrs a
    total debt jan 06= £15441.97 dfw nerd no 112 proud to be dealing with my debts.
  • vivw_2
    vivw_2 Posts: 2,230 Forumite
    Options
    Have to say my heart sinks when i see so much criticism of schools. As a teacher off sick at the moment I know how hard some of us teachers work. When at school I arrive at about 7.45 and don't often leave until 6pm and then bring work home for the evening/weekend. During the holidays I'm in school a lot of the time, doing all the jobs that I don't have time for in the school term. I feel very responsible for the young people I teach [11 - 18 yr olds] and many of them have my e-mail address so that they can contact me re their work out of school hours.
    I don't think any school purposely makes trips expensive. Coaches, places to stay[ie adventure centres etc ] are often more expensive during term time. I used to run a Woodcraft Folk group and we were able to get amazing deals out of term time and at weekends. Also in an age when people seem so eager to sue, then teachers have to be so careful with where they are taking pupils, and what they allow the pupils to do. After all if something happens , its their job, career, livlihood at stake.
    Sorry rant now over....
    We don't need to do it perfectly - good enough is exactly that GOOD ENOUGH.

• natzini
    natzini Posts: 561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all!

My hands are freezing today, and I have swollen glands! Last night I was so tired when I got home that I didn't go to Guides. I thought that chilling out in front of some DVDs and having a curry would do me some good, but I stupidly poured myself a glass of wine and it really knocked me for six! My cheeks became inflamed and I felt like something had taken over my body! It was like I'd taken some kind of hallucinogenic drug!

I'm in w*** now, after taking some Ibuprofen my glands seem to have stopped hurting, but I look like a hamster nonetheless! Have the Drs tonight but it's not to see the GP, I'll be talking to him when I go on Friday about this!

Gonna try and have an easy evening tonight, not quite sure what to have for dinner, going to avoid a glass of wine for a while though!

Sending lots of ((hugs)) to anyone who needs or wants them today! Just going to look through all the threads now and see how everyone is!

Un sou est un sou
  • Dumyat
    Dumyat Posts: 2,143 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    vivw. know how you feel. I feel the same when people criticise the nhs or their GP's. seeing it from the other side gives you a whole different perspective on it.
    yeah things go wrong. but a lot of things are done well and it never makes the news does it?
    x x x
  • anniestar
    anniestar Posts: 2,600 Forumite
    Options
    Morning. Thanks to everyone. You are all wonderful. Good luck Mrs A. Seroxat_CHICK WONDERFUL NEWS.Crazy chick yes we will get soggy together! Love and best wishes to your ex.FIL My thoughts are with you. Have a good day everybody.Got to prat arround trying to sort the money out again, then a mystery shop. Have only done cats today (they are all well) not washed up yet. BUT...Have cleaned out veg rack, cleaned the floor and stardroped the veg rack. Small steps. Love to anniebooklover. Pen-Pen hope you fel better real soon. Moggins love as always.Hugs to all who would like one. Have a good day gang.
    Blind as you run...aware you were staring at the sun.

And when no hope was left inside on that starry starry night.

:A Level 42- the reason I exist. :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport