PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread for Tuesday 30th Jan, 2007

Options

Comments

• elaine373
    elaine373 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning every-one, I am late posting today . Dd 4 is back at school after being off yesterday.I took my 4 yr old ds3 to get his ears checked yesterday and they are "looking a bit red" according to the doctor so he decided to prescribe antibiotics. I have kept ds at home again this morning as he had mentioned twice that his ear is still hurting and i thought i better let him rest at home..REST!!!! He doesnt know the meaning of it. He is quiet at the moment because fireman sam is on but has been very demanding and still generally very miserable.understandable i know but i have loads to do and am not getting it done.

I aim to sort out and bag up unused toys and bits from my dd3 and dd4`s room.There are far too many things cluttering up their room and alot of it has been outgrown. They said that alot can go because they are more interested in the DS`s.

I have hoovered and washed the kitchen floor, have got washing on, need to unload the dishwasher. will cook chicken for dinner i think, but need to pop out for more potato`s.

Still without my car and to be honest i dont hold out much hope of them finding out why it has white smoke from the exhaust.I have seen a car i like being sold on ebay by a reputable dealer but he cant offer me much whilst my car is spitting out white smoke and i cant afford to just scrap my car.I guess i will have to weigh up the expense of carrying on trying to repair or buying another.
    Anyway firemasn sam is finished and i am being boring , so i will try to get on with the bedroom.Take care all, I havent read the posts properly but hope to catch up a bit later. Hugs to those in need of one, Love Elaine x
    “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. Your really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” Lucille Ball.
  • vivw_2
    vivw_2 Posts: 2,230 Forumite
    Options
    tired_mum wrote:
    Viv W i dont think anyone is moaning about the schools just that there trips tend to be more expensive in fact they seem to be overly inflated some times no one is denying that teachers do a great job my mum was one and i remember the summer holidays with her reading all the books on the next years syllabus and lesson planning. Our school are going on a day trip to a power station which is free but £10 for the coach i live about 5 mins away and said can i drop her off and collect from there i was told no i have to pay to go i know it is only 10 pounds but i can do it for £2 tops so it makes you think twice

I see what you mean with that one. Did they give you a reason?
    Depends on the staffing situation in a school but taking trips out, often has the added hidden expenditure of extra staff. Pupil/staff ratio is a lot higher on school trips [often double] and its difficult for schools to take volunteers due to child protection issues. In my school trips often have to be cancelled [even in the early planning stage] because when the cost of supply teachers [to take classes of teachers out on the trip]is added the cost becomes far too high.
    We don't need to do it perfectly - good enough is exactly that GOOD ENOUGH.

• lilmisskitkat
    Options
    Morning all :)

Back from my long weekend in Ireland - such a beautiful place! Absolutely knackered and my cough/sore throat etc has come back with a vengence.

Not doing anything much today, just chilling and trying to regain some sense of order in my house which my sis has been in for the weekend looking after DD (you've never seen so many pans used for one meal lol). Bless her :)

B - Toast with peanut butter, tea, orange juice
    D - Soup and bread, yoghurt
    T - Cheese and bacon potato bake with broccoli

Have a good day all

Kate xxx
  • seroxat_chick
    Options
    Hello again :p

Sorry, I haven't read the thread properly yet but will do in a mo. Just had to say....we got blood - YAY!!! I think the brisk half an hour walk to the surgery helped to get my blood pumping ;)
    Unfortunately, my surgery is next door to Mr T's, so felt obliged to nip in but only bought two new work shirts for DH for £6 the pair and a four pack of sports socks for DS2's residential trip for £1 - so not too bad! Have to buck the trend and say that DS2's trip is very good VFM.

Thanks for all your good wishes - feel free to send me some positive vibes for tomorrow as they will all be gratefully received!!! :D

Off to read through properly now....

EDIT: Good luck to vivw and Mrs A.
    dlb - I went on a residential trip to Edale in 1981!! Gateway to the Peak District. We stayed in a Youth Hostel and there wasn't much else there, other than hiking shops and a TIC, but I guess things may have improved in the last 26 years!!!
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    Viv W at our school at the beginnig of each year a letter is sent out for all parents who wish to help in school or go on trips to see the office as they need to be PCB checked this letter goes to all new start parents as for a reason was just told no and if i cant afford it she wont go the trip is dear as they need a coach although talking to friends when there kids go on the same trips they tend to be less when some of the mums queried the prices and showed other quotes the school got quite shirty and sent a letter home to all parents saying if this was the way we all felt there would be no more trips so who knows the answer to all this none of us for sure
  • boysmum3
    boysmum3 Posts: 445 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :D
    Really pleased about your good news seroxatchick - I shall keep everything crossed for your bloodtests too x
    Well another slow start to my day - we overslept I think my alarm is only letting me do 2 snoozes then turning off:eek: So I was running a bit late luckily DS1 and 2 can just be turfed out of the car and baby had his pyjamas on. I waited 19 months for the baby to sleep through the night and now he (mostly) does my days are ver disorganised!!!
    My boys schools do very limited school trips - DS1 has only been to the Norfolk Show for the last 2 years....(thrilling!!) Just before xmas he came home with a letter for skiing next feb costing approx £700:eek:
    He made the decision not to go (his words were what a rip off- !!!) which meant I didn't have to be the bad guy. TBH I was more worried about him travelling on a coach such a long distance!!
    Other local schools seem to do more regular affordable trips - so it obviously depends on the staff...but then in this 'sue em!' society who can blame them!
    DW repair man been - my stuff was coming out dirtier than it went in...he has sorted it - this is my first ever dishwasher and i have kind of got used to it!!!
    Plans for rest of day include:
    making sausage pie for tea
    hoovering through
    tidying kitchen and sorting washing
    cooker needs a clean but think il wait in case the cooker cleaning fairies come in the night:rotfl:
    Must get off the computer and pull my finger out.
    x Claire
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    OH not very well and has been given some antibiotics for the larengitus(sp)...has been told to rest aswell, so he is upstairs in bed. He hasnt slept well for a few nights now and is totally knackered. If I am bad again tomorrow, I will see if the council will provide some extra help as OH cant be expected to help me if he's unwell:confused: if they wont or cant, I have a friend that will help-its only to help me in and out the shower and get me settled for the day as I cant walk too much ATM.

The stew smells lovely. I have sorted the ironing for tomorrow and have completed the cleaning list for the cleaner-will laminate it to keep it safe as the same jobs need doing weekly. Have made a couple of calls that needed doing and am just about to watch Nip/Tuck:D

Hugs to all.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all!

As I see the thread is already on page 4 I thought I'd post first, then catch up, or may be too kn@ckered to post by the time I've read through it!:p

Before I forget, though, ((((HUGS)))) to all who are sad, ill, or going through a difficult time atm.

I feel better this morning than I have for some time, :j so I think I will have a "decluttering day" - will have to try to be methodical, so I don't find myself keep going up the stairs because I've just thought of another thing I could get rid of, or standing up to do something I could be doing sitting down:D

Thankfully DH feels much better today too:j I'm so glad, as I was very worried about him - also things can be difficult when you're both too unwell to do anything around the house!:rolleyes:

I needed a new watch battery yesterday, so as the "Repairs" kiosk at H.Samuel was closed for lunch I went into Ernest Jones. The lady there looked at my watch, and said, "Oh, we have to send it away to have the bettery replaced, because it's water-resistant." :eek: I explained that I never wear it in the water anyway, so I didn't mind if the rubber seal was broken, but she said "No, we have to send it away." (Obviously "Company Policy"):rolleyes:

As she didn't seem inclined to lend me a "courtesy watch" while mine was being repaired, :D I said thenk you, I'd try somewhere else. I went to an independent jeweller's, where the owner was happy to replace the battery and said the rubber seal was fine!

My first bit of decluttering was to go into the back garden and collect up the plastic bags which were blown there during the gales - haven't had the energy until now, so feel very chuffed! I've been re-reading "Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui" which is always inspiring:D

I've taken some pork mince out of the freezer and will make meatballs for dinner, with tomato and (sadly not fresh) basil sauce. Something else I hadn't the energy for, since buying the mince, until today. Goodness, at this rate I'll be making cakes next!:D

Will go and catch up with the thread now.. Hope everyone has a good day.

Best wishes

ivyleaf xx:wave:
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Penny_pincher, just seen your post above mine - so sorry to hear about your OH, I do hope he feels better very soon. ((((HUGS))))
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone

I was up till 12 last nite cos I go so caught up doing my Family Tree!! (even missed waking the dead!)
    twink - it was my grandads step-father that comes from Kirkinner - so its not really the blood line but at least i found where he came from - i saw the wigtownshire website - some lovely pretty pictures! Also I cant believe how the spelling of the surname changes over the census records! !!

before work i put some bolognaise in the SC for dinner tonite, put WM & DW on. penpenguin - think ive got yr missing rolls - Ive got two HM wholemeal rolls for lunch :D :whistle:

tiredmum - what about dog walking - i was thinking of doing that when i was off work - my neighbour says the agencies need people and its good money.
    gingin -what about freecycle for a temporary dryer?
    vivw - good luck with yr barium enema! ive had a barium meal yukky arent they?
    seroxat-chick -well done on insurance
    taplady -enjoy Bond - DC is v.good and lovely bod!
    crazychick - ((hugs)) what an awful time for yr family x
    ccstar -where are you thinking of moving to?
    shirleypark -good luck
    pp - ((hugs)) to both of you x
    ivyleaf - whose book is the clear the clutter one? ive just ordered sarah shurety off amazon & house doctor a-z.

right off downstairs to take a picture of the chook statues for pennypenguin - although i havent a clue how to post them on here!!!

have a good day all x
    sherry
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family