PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

O/S Daily Thread for Tuesday 30th Jan, 2007

Options

Comments

• Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I never get on here early so I'll go back and read posts after.

Good morning all :)

Just cut the grass! Only the front, the back is still a mangled mess courtesy of my dog Polly.

Off to catch up.
  • Horasio
    Horasio Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have put the place up for sale, have a couple of options in mind when we sell.

We are either going to get a nice place here or get two smaller ones, one being in a place we would really like to live. I am finding it so hard to find a property I like up here!
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Shez - my book is by Karen Kingston. It's in a compact format, in order to create less clutter! She originally wrote one called "Creating Sacred Space with Feng Shui", and got so many letters about the chapter on decluttering that she decided it would be a good idea to expand on it. I'm not sure about the actual feng shui side of it, but it is certainly very inspiring to read and makes one want to throw out or recycle everything unnecessary or unloved as fast as possible!:rotfl:
  • BusyGirl
    BusyGirl Posts: 843 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I felt a little delicate this morning but walking the kids to school blew away the cobwebs. I went round to my friend's last night, she lives over the road and between the 3 of us we managed to finish off 3 bottles of wine and numerous bags of crisps!
    Then it was off to make lots of pots of tea and to toast lots of tea-cakes at the church drop-in. So I thought I'd type this now before I make a start on the housework. I might even venture into the loft to see if I can find anything else to sell on ebay. I told you I was addicted! :D
    We're having inside-out pizza for tea so an easy one tonight and I could do with an early night to re-charge my batteries! :rotfl:
    Have a good (rest of the) day everyone.
  • Blairweech
    Blairweech Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon,

Not much going on here today - [STRIKE]got a library book I need to finish typing up [/STRIKE]and I want to do the ironing as well. WM was on last night, that is outside on the airer. Mr. T is due to deliver my shopping between 8 and 10 tonight.

I really want to make a chicken and sweetcorn chowder, but that would involve hacking up my roast chicken (I made such a hash of carving it yesterday, I don't even know where to start getting the carcass out)

I expect to be told off by OH later, as I packed his lunch for him this morning and forgot to put any fruit in. We are hopefully going ice skating later (2 for 1) or he will go and play Warhammer.

Breakfast: Crumpets with honey
    Lunch: Yoghrt, possibly, or a sandwich
    Dinner: Enchiladas
    We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Just had a quick read of the threads. Thanks for your comments!

Yes, by law the Governors run the school. However, they may only come into school by invitation of the head. Is it me, or is that contradictory? I've been a governor for about 7 years now, and was intending to leave when DS left (in July 2006). But the chair (who's a good friend of mine) persuaded me to stay. I'm a sucker for being complimented and asked nicely :D :rolleyes:

Anniebooklover, unless you have an appointment, you may no longer go into the school. They recently put security systems in, and you have to ring a bell, and see the administrator. She has turned me away on several occasions. I explained this to the head and she said it isn't feasible for people to just be coming in and out. Bearing in mind that I've been helping actively in the school for nearly 12 years (and have 4 different CRB checks for different activities I'm involved in), I'm not exactly a stranger. I find that you see much more of how an organisation really works, just by *wandering about*.

The old head was a nightmare to work with. The new head is a lovely person, but a nightmare in a different way :eek:

Never mind. I have more interesting things to fill my life :D

Back to the world of debt advice.............

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ((((((((((((((Penny Pinchers OH)))))))))))))))))) I hope he feels better soon.

The trip down to my parents was very beneficial even though it was to deliver dad's birthday present. While I was there Mum ordered me two thermal vests from the Damart cataloge and they are giving away a very nice free camel coloured coat with hood with every order so she's ordered that in my size too. I will try to pay her for the vests but I know she won't take the money!

I also came away with 3 brand new (still in the box) Pyrex casseroles that they didn't want.

Mum has this habit of buying stuff on holiday that she thinks would make good presents for people but she buys so much that it's piled up in my old room and they can't get into the wardrobe so she has asked me to come down and help sort it and I can take whatever I want. 50% is toys so I can see a lot of presents sorted there as DD gets invited to loads of parties through the year and it gets a bit expensive!
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    Options
    Hello All

Back at work. Only 3 of us in the office for the rest of the week -yey!
    Can't be bothered to work, so I'm going to do bare minimal today and all week

Mum is doing ok. Nan's being a pain but I'm getting there

Got lamb steaks for dinner tonight, will do boiled potatoes, broccolli and cauliflour with it

Hope everyone's ok
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • redspot24
    Options
    Hello all, not much OS going on in the redspot household today, I'm afraid. Am having a very productive day at work though - am counting browsing on here as my lunch break! Woolfed down some spicy cous cous and roasted veg so I could type better. No jobs planned for later apart from the usual 'dailies'. On the plus side, dbf is on strike tomorrow so if he stays at home he'll be able to catch up on the washing (not that there's much; have persuaded him that the sniff test is quite adequate for most stuff :rotfl: )

Lasagne for dinner, the ratatouille for which is in the slow cooker. Used it for the first time yesterday - made a curry. It was fab! Am a total convert. Also tempted by a breadmaker... You lot are an inspiration! :j :j :j

New flat, new budget, new commitment to MSE!

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" George Eliot
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    ivyleaf - ive had that book out from the library! but they never seem to have sarah shurety ones, and once i even gave the isbn number but as in "Little Britain" all I got was "The Computer Says NO":rolleyes: :rotfl: (well i do live in newham!) so i thought it quicker to buy it rather than ask about ordering it in! thats abit too "technical" and "Gosh I couldnt possibly actually go out of my way in my job" (in my neighbourhood!) :rotfl:

and we're the host borough for the Olympics....ummmm......:think:

i hope the mayor doesnt frequent these boards:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills