🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

been ripped off by e2save, who to contact?

Options

Comments

• wolvesinwales
    Options
    My fisaco is ongoing, after filing a small claims against them i had notification that they were going to defend it, i then received my cheque for £80 ( no mention of the small claims) I therefore added filed a judgement by admission' to the claim saying that they had admitted it, but have now received a letter today saying they are not admitting it and want to know why i filed a 'judgement by admission'

I reckon a copy of the cashback letter signed by Mr Dunscombe himself should be evidence enough :)
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
  • little_miss095
    Options
    I just want to THANK every1 who posted there problems with e2save and how they went about it all. Because i read what youguys all did. Because i purchased my phone on the 29th March and had the sameproblems with the bills. So i sent a letter to the appeals department and emailed CEO of CPW and RESULT!!! i recieved an email 2 days later saying that they apologized and i would be recieving my cashback!! :D
  • wolvesinwales
    wolvesinwales Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received a cheque for £120 last week that covers my court costs and the next cashback that i had only sent my claim in for the day before ! Again no explanation just the standard cashback letter so i dont know if they are confused and have paid me the last one twice, if they pay out again i will not be honest about it i feel i have earned an extra £80 at least !!
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
  • Pound
    Pound Posts: 2,784 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I sent two cashback claims by special delivery to e2save. When I checked on the Royal Mail tracking there was no signature although they were delivered. I sent the receipts off to Royal Mail asking for a refund because they didn't do what they were supposed to and a few weeks later I got a cheque for £8.20!
  • JR19
    JR19 Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    There was an article on BBC News 24 last saturday regarding cashbacks. They mentioned people had had problems with E2Save. When the BBC contacted the Company they said that the average cashback waiting time was 2 weeks!!!!!!

Has anyone on here had theirs in 2 weeks???

No - sent my last bill by Recorded Delivery on 26 February and still waiting for my cheque. I have phoned them several times and was first told that they received my claim forms on 13 March!! I then told the customer adviser when I'd posted it and the receipt date then changed to 3 March! I was told that it was 'processed' on 19 March, but they had up to 30 days from that date.
    :icotbaske
  • pjmony
    pjmony Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Pound wrote: »
    I sent two cashback claims by special delivery to e2save. When I checked on the Royal Mail tracking there was no signature although they were delivered. I sent the receipts off to Royal Mail asking for a refund because they didn't do what they were supposed to and a few weeks later I got a cheque for £8.20!

How did you know there was no signature?
    I sent two items Special Delivery and the Royal Mail web-site says they were delivered but it says there is no electronic Proof of Delivery for them.
    Have I just been unlucky?
  • civicwalker
    civicwalker Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    On the RoyalMail website my Electronic Proof of Special Delivery only says

Received: 35 (THIRTY FIVE)

Signature: EPO CHECKED

(The EPO CHECKED is rubber stamped on).

Should I be claiming the £4.30 back from them?
    If so, what's the process?

Thanks in anticipation
  • bmason1999
    Options
    I too fell into the trap of which bill constitues the 4th bill and my first telephone & written complaints resulted in a rejection letter finishing "there is no further right of appeal for your cashback claim". However I persevered with a further letter (see below) which has finally resulted in receiving a cheque in the last few days. I reccommend that you also phone them up to ensure that they have received your letter and ask them for an update - e2save don't have the courtesy to contact you to provide you with a response! Don't forget to send your letter recorded delivery.

Ian McCall,
    Head of Marketing
    e2save.com
    3R House,
    Belton Road
    Loughborough
    LE11 5XH

RE: Cashback Appeal
    Mobile Number xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir,

I am writing in response to e2save’s letter to me dated Xth March 2007 stating that my cashback claim, as detailed in my letter of Xth February 2007, was being rejected.

I am disappointed at this response to my claim, and have taken advice from my solicitors, XYZ, Streetname, Town, Postcode. They believe that I have good grounds for raising a small claim against e2save and are confident that my claim would be successful. Their advice is based on the wording of the order acknowledgement, dated Xth July 2006, which clearly states, “send your 4th, 8th and 12th monthly bills within 30 days of the date stated on the relevant airtime bill, to us and we will credit you by cheque with £83 each time”. They also refer to the cheque back voucher form which states, “send a copy of the top 2 sheets of your 4th monthly airtime bill”. Lastly, they note that e2save has redesigned the claimback form and that you have dropped off the word “example” from that which I printed off in 2006 (form: 1205/V3). The omission of this word indicates a clearer claimback policy is now in place compared to the time when I received my phone.

In summary, I believe that I have irrefutable proof that I have complied with the terms and conditions that were in place when I purchased my phone from e2save and ask you once again to forward a cheque to me for £83 to meet my claimback.

I would prefer to conclude my claim in a timely and amicable manner and hope that e2save choose to meet their obligations. However, unless I hear from you within ten days from today, that you are prepared to make payment of £83, I intend to raise court proceedings against you without further notice.

Yours faithfully

My Name
    cc Virgin Mobile
    Charles Dunstone, Carphone Warehouse
  • Pound
    Pound Posts: 2,784 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    civicwalker: go to your local post office and ask for a form for claiming for special delivery items going missing. Fill it in, post it and you'll probably get your money back. pjmony could probably make a few quid picking up a form as well.

Both of the claims I've sent to Wednesbury have no ePOD at all. I sent one to Dunstable and the ePOD just shows me what looks like a blank piece of paper, another free claim. Thanks RM.
    :beer:
  • emmilou
    emmilou Posts: 297 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy New Year to you Mr ????. I can confirm that the correct bills you need to send back to claim your cashback are as follows :-

Month of purchase November so you need to send in your 6th bill which will be your April 2007 dated invoice, your 8th bill this will be your June 2007 invoice and your 12th bill and this will be your October 2007 invoice.
    Please send your relevant bills to the address on the cashback vouchers within 30 days of the invoice date. I recommend that you send the bills by recorded delivery so that you have a recorded of postage. As long as the correct bills are sent within the correct time scale the cashback claim will be raised.

Today I too recieved the rejection letter and they said I sent the wrong bill. However it is just as you say here .. I bought the phone in November and sent the April bill (6th one) I had dutifully ticked off the months on the 'cheque back calender' and checked on their website calculator.
    So how on earth can they say I have sent the wrong one???!!

Surely they cannot seriously think they can get away with that:mad:
    Their help line was closed when I rang so shall try tomorrow..any tips as to what excuses to expect so I can be ready for the cheating swines
    • Make 2023 in 2023 # £00/2023
    • Mortgage free Aug 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills