been ripped off by e2save, who to contact?

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Mccourt1066
    Options
    Hi there please can anyone help me I got a contract from e2save last year I've sent in my fist cashback claim on the 20th October 2011 the claim was successfull however I'm still waiting its not 10th jan 2012 every time I ring up they just say there is a problem with there cash back department as they get printed abroad I get told to wait another 28days.
    Am I right in thinking under the sale of goods act 1979 when I purchase an item I'm entering into a contract and by not paying me my cashback they are in brech of that contract and I should make a court claim for the full cashback total as if it was the other way round thats what they would be doing..

Thanks Jason
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 10 January 2012 at 7:32PM
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=558661

Provided you can prove they have broken the t&c of your cashback contract with them, send a LBA (also in that thread) and then sue.

Never mess around with a dealer. They wouldn't give YOU any leeway for a claim which arrives 1 day late - neither should you THEM. They will be happy to string you along for as long as you allow.

CPW companies are in a complete mess fo their own making right now; it's their problem - don't let them make it yours.
  • JReeves
    Options
    My iphone 4 purchased through e2save as part of an upgrade in Jan 2012 recently acquired some minor faults, I was advised to take it to Apple who told me that is was not under warranty as it had been opened and screws etc were missing, and looked to be a refurb phone. On further investigation through carphone warehouse, who by the way e2save originally claimed to be, but carphone warehouse say they are sister companies but seperate so powerless to help, they could however see my customer notes, and told me that e2save had mixed my order originally with another customer, and that it was likely she had the New phone whilst I was sent the Refurb!! This now leaves me with a faulty phone and no phone number which will actually connect! Any advice? Has anyone actually managed to get this company to honor it's original contract, and where do I stand on mis selling, as they are not who they said they were, neither did they send me what was promised!!
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    If you were to sue it would be cpw, so it's irrelevant who says what about that. As far as the contract is concerned, it's up to you be PROVE they have broken it by supplying something different to what they stated - and that will be extremely hard to do. Your only recourse (in my view) assuming you cannot prove this in a court of law is to make a formal complaint to E2Save and CPW. Good luck; methinks you're likely to need it.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It's obvious that your next step is to contact e2save with all the information, including the one that you've got from Apple and CPW. You seem to have contacted them already, so do this again. This doesn't necessarily has to be a phone call.

For some phone numbers check http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport