Halifax ISA 3.00% AER now available.

Options

Comments

• jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    david78 wrote: »
    I have not experienced it. It sounds like a mistake to me or just a "quirk" in the way the online account reports things. Why don't you give them a ring and ask what has happened? If its a transfer then your allowance for 2011/2012 should not go down (obviously). Tell them you have a transfer from Principality to go in the account too and want to add "new" money to it as well at some point.

Thanks. We are on holiday at the moment, so will give it a day or two yet. Don't fancy ringing Halifax from my PAYG mobile!

If necessary, I will go into a branch next time I find one.
  • ginger75
    ginger75 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Have just confirmed that my Santander isa from last year has now cleared into this Halifax isa, however.....

If i qualify for the 3.2% on the halifax isa, shouldn't it say this on the account details, as it presently only shows 3%?

Also it shows I only have approx £800 left to deposit this year which is clearly wrong.

Just wondering if this is a case of Halifax taking a few days to update everything online.
  • jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, I can confirm that my "amount to invest" has today returned to the full amount. It seems to take 3 or 4 days to sort itself out.
  • david78
    david78 Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, I can confirm that my "amount to invest" has today returned to the full amount. It seems to take 3 or 4 days to sort itself out.

Good news :j
  • ginger75
    ginger75 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    opinions4u wrote: »
    It should show 3%. The additional 0.2% requires you to hold the ISA and a qualifying current account for a year. So won't be calculated until that year is complete.

It will sort itself out shortly.

Ah - brilliant, that's eased my mind somewhat. Many thanks! :)
  • Brewerspride
    Options
    Can anyone help please?

I transfered my Egg ISA from previous years to Halifax ISA & when details of the transfer appeared online, my amount to invest for 11/12 was reduced. Like others have experienced, this has resolved itself and the full £5,340 is now showing.

However, today I can't find any trace online of the money transferred in - the new ISA is now showing "no transactions" whereas yesterday the Egg deposit was there in black and white. Is this something else that will rectify itself in a couple of days?

Thanks.
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    Is this something else that will rectify itself in a couple of days?
    Yes. If it's not sorted by Tuesday make a call.
  • Brewerspride
    Options
    Thank you :beer:
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,772 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Relates to Halifax ISA's so I'll ask here rather than on a new thread.

I transferred my ISA in May last year to the Direct Reward 2 (2.6% I think)
    The Maturity date is 12th May 2011.

After finding out a couple of weeks ago that I could re-designate to a different Halifax ISA (until then I'd thought you were stuck with the same one until the following tax year. Live and learn!) I used the online form which would take, it claimed, 10 days to complete the transfer.

Now, 14 days later, I've checked my statement online and it's showing my current rate as 0.1%
    I'm hoping that this is part of the transfer process as I've read a few posts where people's interest rates have dropped before going onto the 3.2%

Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

I had planned to go into the local branch tomorrow and ask some questions, especially since I thought I'd be on 2.6% until the transfer, but wonder if it's better to wait a bit longer.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    VoucherMan wrote: »
    Now, 14 days later, I've checked my statement online and it's showing my current rate as 0.1%
    I'm hoping that this is part of the transfer process as I've read a few posts where people's interest rates have dropped before going onto the 3.2%

Yes - online banking showing 0.1% is a good sign.

Keep an eye on it - it should change to 3.0% within the next week or so. If it doesn't, then give them a ring.

The good thing is that - regardless of what it shows on online banking - you will actually get 3% (or 3.2%) from the date you filled in the online form.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure