Halifax ISA 3.00% AER now available.

Options

Comments

• Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, I wasn't clear - in order to keep the extra 0.2%, which account must I not close within a year, the current account or the ISA (or both)?
    Both.

In order to qualify for the extra .20% you need the current account open & have to meet the minimum requirement of 1k per month, Ultimate Reward, etc.

AND

You will also need to keep a balance in the ISA of at least £1 for the 12 month reward period.
  • The_Enforcer
    Options
    Baldur wrote: »
    You will also need to keep a balance in the ISA of at least £1 for the 12 month reward period.

That could present a problem, as my current thoughts are to use this only for transfer of old ISA funds, because it would take time to get the transfer to go through and therefore the account balance would not be £1+ for the 12 month period.

If I paid £1 in upon opening the account, that would get round the problem, but then I would have to subscribe to that account for 2011/12, whereas at the moment I'm planning to assign any 2011/12 funds to Santander Flexible Issue 3 @ 3.3%.
    I came, I saw, I saved.
    Campaign for the Abolition of Political Parties - find us on Facebook
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That could present a problem, as my current thoughts are to use this only for transfer of old ISA funds, because it would take time to get the transfer to go through and therefore the account balance would not be £1+ for the 12 month period.

If I paid £1 in upon opening the account, that would get round the problem, but then I would have to subscribe to that account for 2011/12, whereas at the moment I'm planning to assign any 2011/12 funds to Santander Flexible Issue 3 @ 3.3%.
    The 12 months starts when the first transfer is received. So it doesn't matter if the account balance is £0 before the transfer is processed.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    http://www.halifax.co.uk/isaupgrade

I applied on the 6th April to upgrade using above link to direct reward 4, said it would take 10 days.
    Phoned up to day to see what was happening were I was informed that it is now taking 3 weeks due to demand.

Is anyone who applied online still waiting for it to be done? I applied for the upgrade about a month ago and its still not done..!

Regards
    Sunil
  • Dagobert_Duck
    Options
    I requested a transfer from an existing Direct Award ISA that had reverted to the standard variable interest rate to a new one opened on-line around 7 April. Apart from a confirmation letter I am still waiting for the transfer to be done.

Maybe they are simply very busy. I'm not too worried because the letter stated that the date from which the money transferred will benefit from the higher interest rate in the new account will be backdated to 8 April.
  • mr_fishbulb
    mr_fishbulb Posts: 5,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    YoungNick wrote: »
    On 24 March 2011, I filled in the on-line form to upgrade from 2.8% to 3.0%. Halifax's absurd on-line system then showed my rate as 0.2%, as others have reported. And when I phoned, "Lisa" told me that it was taking 'weeks' to actually switch from the wrong 0.2% to the right 3.0%, which would be 'back' (meaning 'correctly') dated from 24 March. I got fed up with this nonsense, and switched to Nationwide's 3.1% e-ISA. And yes, you've guessed already, Halifax have transferred out including interest at only 0.2% since 24 March. Local branch has promised to sort it out after the hols. They'd better get it right quick, or I'll be suing Halifax for the missing interest plus £100 compensation for annoyance and wasted time caused by their incompetence.
    Mine has been at 0.1% since I phoned mid-march to upgrade from Direct Issue 3 to 4.

Phoned up last week and they said it would take another 20 days to be sorted.
  • avocetgirl
    avocetgirl Posts: 655 Forumite
    Options
    I have a massive problem with this ISA! Transfered money from Santander ISA and this was complete on about 21st March! I had problems to start with but managed to transer money out of another halifax account to top this up a little. However now I cannot gain any access to my money at all! I can not transfer any money out and have been phoning them for the past 3 weeks chasing them to sort it!!!! I'm fuming as it's my money and I have been told they can't even transfer money out of my ISA into my websaver and I need a chunk out next week to pay for my holiday which is on my husbands credit card! I'm getting very concerned that this is not going to get sorted in time and they seem in no hurry to release MY MONEY!!!! I've tried everything.....even been into the local branch but still cannot touch MY MONEY! I'm disgusted in them!

Anyone else had similar problems....How can I sort this?

Sorry for rambling on!
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    Mine has been at 0.1% since I phoned mid-march to upgrade from Direct Issue 3 to 4.

Phoned up last week and they said it would take another 20 days to be sorted.
    That is completely unacceptable.

Complain officially.
  • mr_fishbulb
    mr_fishbulb Posts: 5,224 Forumite
    Options
    opinions4u wrote: »
    That is completely unacceptable.

Complain officially.
    I will do after the 20 days. If they pay back the lost interest then it's not such a big deal, just annoying.
  • james3333
    james3333 Posts: 752 Forumite
    Options
    I will do after the 20 days. If they pay back the lost interest then it's not such a big deal, just annoying.

......took about 3 weeks for mine to switch over from direct 3 to a direct 4 so i wouldnt stress too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure