Halifax ISA 3.00% AER now available.

Options

Comments

• sjwk
    sjwk Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any idea how long it typically takes for Halifax to deal with a transfer in from another ISA?
    I opened an ISA a few days before the 6th April, and took the transfer form into my branch on the 8th. Still have a balance of £0 (this year's money was going into another bank, this ISA was just for transferring last year's out from Santander).

They claim on the web that I get interest calculated from when I submitted the transfer request rather than when the money clears, so presumably that'll be back to the 8th (or a couple of days later once it's been processed?)

Cheers,
    Steve.
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    sjwk wrote: »
    Any idea how long it typically takes for Halifax to deal with a transfer in from another ISA?
    I opened an ISA a few days before the 6th April, and took the transfer form into my branch on the 8th. Still have a balance of £0 (this year's money was going into another bank, this ISA was just for transferring last year's out from Santander).
    I transferred two previous tax years' ISAs (Britannia & Santander) to Halifax, specifying 6th April on the transfer forms (submitted around the middle of March) as the required transfer date, as the Britannia one was a FRISA which matured on that date and the bonus rate on the Santander one also ceased on that date.

The Britannia transfer is shown on my Halifax online banking as "Opening Transaction - Available 14/ 4", while the Santander one is shown as a bank credit dated 14/4.
  • devon_scouse
    Options
    http://www.halifax.co.uk/isaupgrade

I applied on the 6th April to upgrade using above link to direct reward 4, said it would take 10 days.
    Phoned up to day to see what was happening were I was informed that it is now taking 3 weeks due to demand.
    Interest will be credited from day you applied for upgrade.
  • Svenena
    Svenena Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sjwk wrote: »

They claim on the web that I get interest calculated from when I submitted the transfer request rather than when the money clears, so presumably that'll be back to the 8th (or a couple of days later once it's been processed?)

Cheers,
    Steve.

If you haven't heard anything yet, I'd give them a call. I handed my form in at a branch, and when I hadn't heard anything after a couple of weeks, I called them, only to discover that the branch hadn't sent it on for two weeks, and I was only going to receive interest from when the processing centre had received it, a couple of days before I called. I submitted a written complaint and received £25 compensation and they are going to backdate the interest to when I handed the form in (evidenced by the date on the form).
  • Brewerspride
    Options
    Can anyone help please?

I transfered my Egg ISA from previous years to Halifax ISA & when details of the transfer appeared online, my amount to invest for 11/12 was reduced. Like others have experienced, this has resolved itself and the full £5,340 is now showing.

However, today I can't find any trace online of the money transferred in - the new ISA is now showing "no transactions" whereas yesterday the Egg deposit was there in black and white. Is this something else that will rectify itself in a couple of days?

Thanks.
    opinions4u wrote: »
    Yes. If it's not sorted by Tuesday make a call.

Rang today and spoke to a very helpful Jim (with yummy NI accent!). Apparently the problem is with Egg - the cheque they sent was over £1k short so Halifax removed the transaction while they sort it out.

Jim was very reassuring and said that regardless of how long Egg take, interest will be backdated to the date I opened the account.
  • WelshSun
    WelshSun Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
    Halifax have upgraded my old isa (from last tax year) from the 2.6% rate which went down to 0.1% to the 3% account. But before that (This tax year) I opened another 3% isa with £1k which was all I can afford until a bond matures this summer.

Is this allowed, are you allowed two different halifax isas of this type?

• rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    WelshSun wrote: »
    Halifax have upgraded my old isa (from last tax year) from the 2.6% rate which went down to 0.1% to the 3% account. But before that (This tax year) I opened another 3% isa with £1k which was all I can afford until a bond matures this summer.

Is this allowed, are you allowed two different halifax isas of this type?

Yes you can. There is no benefit to doing so, but no disadvantages either!
  • WelshSun
    WelshSun Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
    rb10 wrote: »
    Yes you can. There is no benefit to doing so, but no disadvantages either!

Thanks.
    I suppose the benefit for me was £1k at 3% for a week instead of 0.1%.

Another quick question. Is the intrest I earned last year taken off this years amount your allowed to invest? :)
  • blueberrypie
    blueberrypie Posts: 2,395 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    WelshSun wrote: »
    Another quick question. Is the intrest I earned last year taken off this years amount your allowed to invest? :)

No. Interest doesn't count towards your ISA allowance.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    On 24 March 2011, I filled in the on-line form to upgrade from 2.8% to 3.0%. Halifax's absurd on-line system then showed my rate as 0.2%, as others have reported. And when I phoned, "Lisa" told me that it was taking 'weeks' to actually switch from the wrong 0.2% to the right 3.0%, which would be 'back' (meaning 'correctly') dated from 24 March. I got fed up with this nonsense, and switched to Nationwide's 3.1% e-ISA. And yes, you've guessed already, Halifax have transferred out including interest at only 0.2% since 24 March. Local branch has promised to sort it out after the hols. They'd better get it right quick, or I'll be suing Halifax for the missing interest plus £100 compensation for annoyance and wasted time caused by their incompetence.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure