Halifax ISA 3.00% AER now available.

Good News...:beer:

Halifax ISA 3.00% AER available.

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    It's not even Monday :-o
  • I was expecting it to be released on Monday as well. :-)
  • SG_Guy
    SG_Guy Posts: 100 Forumite
    Can anyone clarify if existing Reward current account customers need to complete the separate form for the additional 0.20% interest?

On the Halifax website, it says "For our main current account customers who already have a qualifying variable rate savings account, you will need to download and complete our simple form".

But, the form itself states, "You do not need to complete this form for accounts opened after 4 January 2010"?

So, does it mean I only need to complete the form for accounts opened before 4 January 2010 i.e. I will automatically get 3.2% on the ISA Direct Reward?
  • As far as i know you will have to complete the form and sent to them and they will sent u a confirmation by mail, best do it just in case. ;)
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 February 2011 at 4:11AM
    Just a quick heads-up from the Halifax website :-
    If you are transferring funds from an existing ISA manager, transferred funds must be received within 28 days of the date you open your account in order to qualify for the reward interest rate (unless the minimum balance of £1 has already been met).
    So it's not a 60-day deadline as before.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Do customers who opened the previous "2.80% Variable" now get 3% or will I need to contact them to change the account?
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    edited 27 February 2011 at 10:07AM
    Link to product.
    glider3560 wrote: »
    Do customers who opened the previous "2.80% Variable" now get 3% or will I need to contact them to change the account?
    The account won't change automatically. Make a call to 08457 26 36 46. Your year will start again if you change from ISA Direct 3 to ISA Direct 4 though ;) .
    SG_Guy wrote: »
    Can anyone clarify if existing Reward current account customers need to complete the separate form for the additional 0.20% interest?
    If you're opening a brand new account, no.
    On the Halifax website, it says "For our main current account customers who already have a qualifying variable rate savings account, you will need to download and complete our simple form".

But, the form itself states, "You do not need to complete this form for accounts opened after 4 January 2010"?
    All accounts opened since 4/1/10 will automatically attract the 0.2%.
    So, does it mean I only need to complete the form for accounts opened before 4 January 2010 i.e. I will automatically get 3.2% on the ISA Direct Reward?
    If you haven't opened an account since 4/1/10 you need a form. If you have opened an account since then, no form is needed!
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    opinions4u wrote: »
    The account won't change automatically. Make a call to 08457 26 36 46. Your year will start again if you change from ISA Direct 3 to ISA Direct 4 though ;) .
    Thanks. Just called. Very helpful lady but she was on hold for over 10 minutes waiting to get through to the "redesignation team". In the end I said I'll call back later when they are less busy.
  • ironman1
    ironman1 Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks for this, just noticed it on Halifax online.

How do I get this as I am currently on 'ISA DIRECT REWARD 2' at 2.6% opened last April 8th.

It says I can apply for the new ISA Direct at 3% but will it get me in trouble as I already have an ISA?

Also I am only allowed one more withdrawal as I made two a few months ago by transferring them to another online account by mistake!

With our first baby being born next year I really want to save as much as possible but it is hard with the mortgage and other bills isn't it!

Currently have just over £7000 in my old ISA but have another £3000 odd to put in to a new one so around 10k altogether.

Thanks all
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    ironman1 wrote: »
    How do I get this as I am currently on 'ISA DIRECT REWARD 2' at 2.6% opened last April 8th.
    Make a call to 08457 26 36 46.
    It says I can apply for the new ISA Direct at 3% but will it get me in trouble as I already have an ISA?
    Make the call. Don't open a new account. Redesignate the old one, get a higher rate, unlimited withdrawals and the choice to top up any remaining allowance for this tax year and the full allowance from the next tax year.
    Also I am only allowed one more withdrawal as I made two a few months ago by transferring them to another online account by mistake!
    Make the call and move to unlimited withdrawals.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure