🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Halifax ISA 3.00% AER now available.

Options

Comments

• rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    Radaday wrote: »
    I have a Halifax reward 3 paying 2.8%
    which payed the intrest today 6/4/2011

can i transfer this into the new reward 4 paying 3.20% as i also
    have a current account.
    Can it be done on line or do i need to call

Can be done online at https://www.halifax.co.uk/isaupgrade
  • mr_fishbulb
    mr_fishbulb Posts: 5,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone else's ISA dropped to 0.1% as part of this transfer?

I called up to find out what was going on and they said the process from transferring from issue 3 to issue 4 goes:

Direct Issue 3 --> Variable Cash ISA (0.1%) --> Direct Issue 4

Apparently mine is at the 0.1% stage and can take up to 10 days to go to Issue 4 (and interest will be backdated).

Should I be sceptical?
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I called up to find out what was going on and they said the process from transferring from issue 3 to issue 4 goes:

Apparently mine is at the 0.1% stage and can take up to 10 days to go to Issue 4 (and interest will be backdated).

Should I be sceptical?
    Mine is currently at the 0.1% stage, after having gone through Halifax's complaints procedure and receiving £25 in the process. I even received 79p interest (instead of ~£23). I'm told an "Interest Adjustment" will appear when the redesignation is complete. :o
  • Svenena
    Svenena Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a phone call from Halifax today in response to the complaint letter I sent them last week. They have said they will backdate my interest to the day I handed the form in at the branch (rather than two weeks later when it was received by the processing centre, as I was originally told), and will pay me £25 as compensation for my time in chasing the matter up. So all's well that ends well, and I'm now happy with how I've been treated as a customer.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options

Should I be sceptical?

Nope, that's the way the process works.

Interest at 3/3.2% will be calculated with effect from the date you requested that it's transferred across to issue 4.
  • DJRogers88
    DJRogers88 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I see I'm not the only one having problems with Halifax! Last year I had to call twice and then be made to use the phone in branch as they apparently couldn't transfer it there (I had done in previous years and my girlfriends family had done it that very day) so this year I phoned up to swop it to version 4 on the day I got my letter telling me it was coming to an end (24th March) thinking it would all be sorted by now. Nope! Yesterday the interest went in, and today its GONE. Account has also dropped to the normal ISA saver at 0.10% and no log of the interest even going in! Anyone else had the same?
  • Radaday
    Radaday Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    The Halifax site is still saying you can apply for the 3.20% if you are a current account customer.
    I want to transfer my Halifax ISA reward 3 into the new one and get the 3.20% as the old one only paying 2.80% there is a form that you can fill in but i cant show you the link.......... if i fillin the form when do i start to get the new rate of 3.20%

I have a current account with them
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,669 Forumite
    edited 8 April 2011 at 9:27AM
    Options
    Yes, account details will remain the same.
    I tried to make a BACS payment to the details for my husbands direct rewards 3.
    It was bounced back as "account closed".
    I will need to get him to log in tonight to check the account number, but at the moment it looks like the details might have changed when it was switched to Direct issue 4.
    Either that or Halifax have messed somthing up.
    My BACS payment to my own ISA went through fine but I got my up to date details from logging into Halifax.
    I cannot log into my OHs account, so I went from the paperwork for Issue 3.
  • FB13
    FB13 Posts: 153 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pinkdalek wrote: »
    Here is a very useful link for anyone with an existing Halifax ISA who is interested in transferring to their ISA Direct Reward 4 and does not want to wait on the phones for a long time.

www.halifax.co.uk/isaupgrade

simply fill in your details and they will upgrade if for you ;)

Has anyone used this yet? Do they just go ahead and change your account or are there additional steps after you fill the form in?

Is there a Bank of Scotland version of this site or can I use the Halifax one?
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Options
    FB13 wrote: »
    Is there a Bank of Scotland version of this site or can I use the Halifax one?
    If your sort code starts 11, you have a Halifax account anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport