We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Nibe Fighter 360p ashp costing me loads to run

Options

Comments

• lovesfarmbpha
    lovesfarmbpha Posts: 126 Forumite
    edited 3 June 2012 at 10:15PM
    Options
    For those who have not had the pleasure of meeting NIBE or had one to one training then it is a good idea to take NIBE up on the offer of help.

However...although this current round of interaction is welcome from NIBE many people in BPHA homes have already been through this process with Nibe(more than once) ,only to see that no fault had been found . Yet when independent engineers visited they discovered undersized NIBE units in 2 bed homes,3 bed homes, 4 bed homes and 5 bed homes.
    In Runcorn 69 NIBE units pulled out of 1 to 2 bed flats...
    So not sure what is left interms of under sizing...tents have not been tested yet!
    Nibe have tried hard to pull the plug on the soon to air consumer focus programme and we cannot help feeling that this latest drive by NIBE to be "open" is an attempt to offset the potential damage to their business when their exhaust air heat pump product is aired to a TV show that regularly draws in five million viewers,with a crowd like that the heat pump industry really needs to start asking NIBE what exactly are they doing .
    The director of NIBE UK once answered a customers concerns about exaggeration of efficiency figures with "well the car industry does it"..we had thought eco warrior would have been a better tag line rather than car sales man ...but if the cap fits...
    Not to forget to mention they have used customer data to attack customers at their work place. The Information commissioner will enjoy that one and the TV show will certainly take them to task if they are found to be in breach of data protection .
  • londonsouth
    Options
    OK guys, what is happening with the TV program you keep mentioning????
  • lovesfarmbpha
    Options
    We have an update in from a shared owner it reads

" hello we have been contacted by letter from BPHA that our nibe 360 is "not suitable" for our 3 bed semi detached home (88m2),new build,timber frame ,code level 3.
    They wish to replace the boiler with a gas one or dock a mistsibushi air source heat pump to the NIBE unit...all free of charge"
    This opens the gates to many more owners and tenants of HA BPHA...and is certainly a victory for what has been a very long road....
    Phew at last and good bye NIBe..
    Ref TV prog...can confirm the BBC have taken a very thorough and active approach in the problems found by tenants across 11 counties in the UK...prog to be aired very soon....watch this space....NIbe are aware of in-pending...prog....
  • lovesfarmbpha
    Options
    and we can now confirm that housing association BPHA has written to a shared owner in a 2 bed ,mid terrace ,new build home offering to pull out the NIBE unit and replace it with a gas boiler or dock an ashp as they feel the nibe unit alone is not suitable...
    We can also confirm that the NHBC are greatly concerned that the developers have not been given withheld prior reports on the units done by engineers to the owners etc.
    So goes to show that the tenants have become masters at this industry and in a phrase we feel suits the situation have "blown the bloody doors off".....only those who have perhaps lied have cause for concern now.
    well done everyone.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Well done!

The choice between gas and an ASHP would be a no contest for me - gas every time!!
  • jasonoldy69
    Options
    I don't get it. Gas, or, keep the boiler you've been trying to get rid of plus another electricity reliant heat pump.

They should just replace the whole lot with a better system.

I'd probably choose gas, purely over the amount of space you'd save. And, to get the NIBE logo out my face.
  • John_Pierpoint
    John_Pierpoint Posts: 8,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 June 2012 at 2:32PM
    Options
    and we can now confirm that housing association BPHA has written to a shared owner in a 2 bed ,mid terrace ,new build home offering to pull out the NIBE unit and replace it with a gas boiler or dock an ashp as they feel the nibe unit alone is not suitable...
    We can also confirm that the NHBC are greatly concerned that the developers have not been given withheld prior reports on the units done by engineers to the owners etc.
    So goes to show that the tenants have become masters at this industry and in a phrase we feel suits the situation have "blown the bloody doors off".....only those who have perhaps lied have cause for concern now.
    well done everyone.

The NHBC should turn up with a dirty big fan to do a draught pressure test on the housing and publish the results: Pour encourage les autres !

Dans ce pays-ci, il est bon de tuer de temps en temps un amiral pour encourager les autres :

800px-The_Shooting_of_Admiral_Byng%27_%28John_Byng%29_from_NPG.jpg
  • lovesfarmbpha
    Options
    THE END....................................:j:beer:
  • TheHeatingMan
    Options
    This unit has been miss sold here in the UK not only to consumers but also the heating trade in general. No air source heat pump will beat Gas and this model which is an Air Exhaust Heat Pump is the most inefficient of them all be warned "STAY WELL AWAY"
    We installed these at a company I was working at as a technical supervisor and after countless visits from Nibe to get the heat pumps running correctly there staff actually admitted it that they where having a lot of problems with these models.

Give me a choice what I would fit in my house and I would not go anywhere near a Heat pump, as I know because I can truly calculate my heating demands.

Look at all your options;)
  • broughton2010
    Options
    Can anyone in Grimsby experiencing issues please contact nibeproblemgrimsby@gmail.com.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family