Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families

MSE Parents Club Part 15 - Page 1032

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

MSE Parents Club Part 15

10.3K replies 356K views
1102610271028102910301032»

Replies

• weezl74weezl74 Forumite
    8.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the good wishes on the cash challenge front :)

I've set aside DH's tai chi cash, and bought some top up essentials, and now the cash is at £50.24

Going to asda with cash only was very interesting, and I highly recommend it, as it really focusses you on what you can afford!

Anyhow, that's a bit dull, sorry. Child news, fergie can now say pentagon and hexagon, and mostly can properly differentiate the two :)

Sugar, if you are still texting the lovely susan, an update would be fab, and please pass on my love.

Hope everyone is well.

Weezl x

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • SugarSpunSugarSpun Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Weezl I've not had a reply to my last text, I hope she's resting as much as possible and doing as little as she can manage :)

Bah, I am in an epic bad mood today. I had no sleep with the sleep-whinging Miss M (canines on the way down, I think), then got up with her to feed her breakfast and my illness/sneezing/dodgy tummy/aches and pains/the flu while Husband stayed in bed, and have been listening to him telling me how terribly ill he is and boogering off back to bed without telling me so I thought he was playing with Miss M till I found her emptying our recycling bag all over the kitchen floor :angry:

I know he feels ill, but I have the same illness and the world still has to go on.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • BeclesBecles Forumite
    13.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning

Decluttering Charlotte's bedroom this morning. Need to sort out the stuff she has grown out of and find homes for her new toys and games.

Hope you feel better soon SS. It's rubbish when you're expected to do stuff even though you don't feel well. Take it easy if you can xx

Have a good day all xx
    Here I go again on my own....
  • edited 3 January 2011 at 10:31AM
    BrunoMBrunoM Forumite
    1.7K posts
    edited 3 January 2011 at 10:31AM
    I am impressed by hexagon and pentagon! :eek:

Welcome back tsstss, thread been a bit quiet recently for various reasons but lots of people still around regularly :)

I struggle with budgeting when I really shouldn't. Have trouble convincing myself it's "really necessary" which is pretty silly but.

On which related note, my car won't start this morning. Going to call the AA, but I think the battery needs to be replaced, and at some point I have to stop throwing money at it and bite the bullet and buy something new(er). Hmmmm.
  • edited 3 January 2011 at 10:41AM
    aless02aless02 Forumite
    5.1K posts
    edited 3 January 2011 at 10:41AM
    Morning all!

This is why I hate going away - I have a Nap Resister howling his head off in his cot at the moment. Even just the overnight away has screwed up his sleeping, I guess.

We are also joining the cleaning brigade today. Tree is going to come down and general tidying NEEDS to be done. I had a bit of a toy sort though yesterday, but he still got entirely too many for Christmas, so they all have to go some place *roll eyes*.

But first, a shower. :D I REALLY don't want to go back to work tomorrow!

SS, sorry you feel poo. Weezl, well done to clever Fergie! Good luck to everyone else decluttering today as well. Bruno, we were in a similar boat a couple months ago and got a car on HP. Last thing we wanted was more debt, but as a long-run thing we figured it was actually better than continually throwing money at a crappy car...
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • BrunoMBrunoM Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Thanks Aless, and enjoy your cleanliness!

I've not thrown a lot of money at the car really and it's been great, soldiering on beyond all reasonable expectations and never having any major major expenses in more than 11 years, but it's really quite battered, it will surely have a major problem sometime soon, it's a bit small for the two car seats... I'd just rather start again with a fairly newish good car now.

But struggling to decide timing (now? Keep going til old one is actually dead? March when annual bonus hits bank account? etc), and between company car scheme, hire purchase, buy outright from savings, MPV, estate car, large family car, spend £3k, spend £10k, etc etc. I.e. no clue what I'm doing :) I am sure it will all work out ok in the end.
  • CAFCGirlCAFCGirl Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    horrible night here...

im struggling to get t sleep as it is anyway, and just fidget etc... and then L woke up at 3am, and then again at 4, and then was awake ready for the day being soooooooooooo loud, hitting his cot rails, rolling onto his front and then screaming cos he cant put himself back whilst in his sleeping bag yet.... so he went back to sleep at some point, then again at half 5 was up, so i thought maybe hes hungry - nommed through a whole bottle, winded u, one giant burp and then the entire bottle back up, all over me!
    First time hes ever really bought any substantial amount of anything up....... and then its all smiles and raspberry blowing....back to sleep sometime round 20 past 6, and then awake again at 8 but i left him and got up to him at half 8, came down and we just went straight to breakfast, of strawberry and banana porridge....

And now hes swinging away blwing raspberries, interjected by whinge.......

DH is still in bed.............. and ive boiled the kettle three times before realising i had already previously boiled it to make a hot drink.... i should very much like to get some sleep..........................
    One income, home educating family life
    Fashion On The Ration Coupons 2019 46\66 Excess Spent 28/2/2020 YARN
    Fashion On The Ration Coupons 2020 9/66
  • CAFCGirlCAFCGirl Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    BrunoM wrote: »
    Thanks Aless, and enjoy your cleanliness!

*snip* I.e. no clue what I'm doing :) I am sure it will all work out ok in the end.

But isnt that the mantra of all good parents ;)

Hows Baby C and E today? Is Mrs feeling any better?
    One income, home educating family life
    Fashion On The Ration Coupons 2019 46\66 Excess Spent 28/2/2020 YARN
    Fashion On The Ration Coupons 2020 9/66
  • BrunoMBrunoM Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Hi CAFC :p
    Poor night here too, C is so so very windy and uncomfortable... 11.30-1.30 misery, 3.30-5 misery, or so, then she threw up on OH at 7.15. I got up with her and E at 7.30, OH is sleeping in grumpily while I wait for the AA. I think she's ok ish otherwise! But as we all know sleep deprivation can make everything bad.
  • GladGlad Forumite, Board Guide
    18.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    new thread started here :)
    STAY HOME - PROTECT THE NHS - SAVE LIVES
    I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support