MSE Parents Club Part 15

Options

Comments

• cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Options
    wow weezl you amaze me sometimes! might have to try it out too!! and save for our passports etc :D although the amount that painkillers and cough medicine costs i may have to wait lol!

yet again the plan is to do very little and boss the kids around :) only kidding they have all got this now so there wont be much done today, may stick the chicken on to roast whilst i feel alive enough to do it?
    What's for you won't go past you
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cazscoob wrote: »
    wow weezl you amaze me sometimes! might have to try it out too!! and save for our passports etc :D although the amount that painkillers and cough medicine costs i may have to wait lol!

yet again the plan is to do very little and boss the kids around :) only kidding they have all got this now so there wont be much done today, may stick the chicken on to roast whilst i feel alive enough to do
    it?

I read that as children:eek::rotfl:

Hope you all feel better soon xx

Lappy battery about so die so I will get on and watch cdwm:)
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Options
    children may happen if abi doesnt stop watching tv and help clean up! wouldnt matter much as i cant taste a thing :D

Are you all better now Mel??
    What's for you won't go past you
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    Options
    Go weezl! I'll be cheering for you and along for the ride in a similar mentality :).

Can I just ask...I'm sure it's just one of those things that takes time & self-discipline, but how do you ever get over just wanting to randomly buy yourself a top or something without sitting down and evaluating your budget to the penny? I think DH finds it hard and resents that if he even wants to treat himself to a rare magazine or something, he has to make sure it's "on budget".
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    aless02 wrote: »
    Go weezl! I'll be cheering for you and along for the ride in a similar mentality :).

Can I just ask...I'm sure it's just one of those things that takes time & self-discipline, but how do you ever get over just wanting to randomly buy yourself a top or something without sitting down and evaluating your budget to the penny? I think DH finds it hard and resents that if he even wants to treat himself to a rare magazine or something, he has to make sure it's "on budget".

for me I think it's the money saving equivalent of the dieter's motto, that : ''nothing tastes as good as slim feels'

So for me, 'nothing feels/tastes/reads etc as good as mortgage free feels' IYSWIM?

So I picture how free I will feel, what we'll do as a family, and how safe I'll feel from interest rates rising above their current artificial low, IYSWIM, and that motivates me. But I have always allowed myself fun money each month, just tweaked how much it is, and haven't really felt impoverished along the way!

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • DancerSupreme
    Options
    Well I am at the doctors Tuesday so hopefully that will help. Thank you again for all your responses today. I seem to be extremely tired today so think the placenta must be developed now as the change in exhaustion seemed to be overnight. Had a sleep this afternoon upon hubby's insistence and was woken up to snotty kisses and cuddles from my son which really made me smile.

Hopefully getting back to normality on Tuesday will help us all. Starting to blow up like a whale already (?!) so hoping post Christmas bloat will be enough to satisfy my work colleagues to my sudden increase in size. 5 weeks and I am already considering my maternity trousers for added comfort. That cannot be right can it?

xxx
    Debt August 2009 - £30,525.50
    Debt Paid February 2011

Another one popped out of the woodwork...time to work hard again!
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Options
    Gem I was dreadfully bloated around 5-6 weeks, then again at 10-11 weeks, then my waist entirely vanished and I went straight down, then eventually around 14 weeks I got a proper bump. I think your body's just figuring out how to arrange its inside bits to accommodate the growing :)

Best of luck for an uneventul pregnancy and a textbook birth.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Gem - pregnancy shows quicker on subsequent babies. I can't remember with my seconds, but I know I had a bump really quickly with my third. It felt like I peed on a stick and a bump popped out!

Have taken all the Christmas decorations down this afternoon and they're all packed away in the loft. The rooms look so bare now!

Still got really bad tummy cramps so will probably just chill again this evening.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • got-it-spend-it
    Options
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    I read that as children:eek::rotfl:

Hope you all feel better soon xx

Lappy battery about so die so I will get on and watch cdwm:)

So did I Mel!

I actually feel human today, so it's only taken 8 days of being flu ridden. We took H to the zoo but I only lasted an hour but it was nice to get out the house.

Tomorrow will be a day of sorting and decluttering I think, and I actually can't wait :T.

Good luck with your challenge Weezl. It sounds like a good'un.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • ladybirdintheuk
    Options
    Good luck with your challenge Weezl. Having put £37 of petrol into my car, which will all be gone by next week, the idea of £70 lasting for 9 weeks is madnes. Not to mention the spending power of my DH!
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport