We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…5354565859…235

Comments

  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,958 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Has anyone here been told that they will cancel it, but only as of 16th September as that is the date the change comes to effect?
  • robot1000
    robot1000 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    i need that phone unlocking too
    guy at the shop near me said he would do it and a 5800 for £20

    £10 per phone seems to be a reasonable price
  • Haven't received a text yet and 12 months in to an 18 month contract.

    Thought I'd try and cancel anyway.

    On hold for less than 10 mins. Guy was polite, took my details and PAC code in the post.

    Didn't ask if I had received or anything. Thanks to the OP and the Forum.
  • If I cancel my orange contract, is there anything stopping me from taking a different contract out with orange after the cancellation.

    Thanks.
  • guycross
    guycross Posts: 97 Forumite
    I am one of the people who basically, cancelledm and then rang back and got upgraded...

    I started a 24month contract in march...
    and now on an 18 month waiting for my new phone to be delivered today (it's been sent and I am tracking it)

    Guy
    :TFight the powers that be :T
  • robot1000
    robot1000 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ade72 wrote: »
    If I cancel my orange contract, is there anything stopping me from taking a different contract out with orange after the cancellation.

    Thanks.
    Nope, I'm sure they'll be extremely pleased if people went back to them
  • Just got my disconnection letter this morning in the post. At the very end of the letter it said that it would be cut off on 14 September when it should have been the end of this month.

    Rang up CS and the person I spoke to said it should be a month in advance not 14th September. This has now been corrected.

    Just thought I'd post incase anybody else had this written on their letter. Glad I took names of the people I spoke to previously along with a reference number of the call! ;-)
  • ive just got off the phone with an arrogant pr1ck at orange....i advised id like to cxl my contract now due to the price increases (even though i can officially cancel it as of next week anyway as im at the end of an 18 month contract) and he said that i hadnt recieved the text so i couldnt cancel it....i said regardless of the text or not the price was still going to be increased and he said it wouldnt be affecting my talk plan...so i asked him that when i ring the 0845 number i would still be charged the old rate to which he kept replying youd have to speak to customer services about rates as thats a general enquiry....hes wrong isnt he?
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,958 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    glennplant wrote: »
    ive just got off the phone with an arrogant pr1ck at orange....i advised id like to cxl my contract now due to the price increases (even though i can officially cancel it as of next week anyway as im at the end of an 18 month contract) and he said that i hadnt recieved the text so i couldnt cancel it....i said regardless of the text or not the price was still going to be increased and he said it wouldnt be affecting my talk plan...so i asked him that when i ring the 0845 number i would still be charged the old rate to which he kept replying youd have to speak to customer services about rates as thats a general enquiry....hes wrong isnt he?

    Yep. The prices are changing and it doesn't matter how you find out you have the right to cancel...
    But they do argue. Depends on who you get. I would just try again.
  • Chloex_2
    Chloex_2 Posts: 9 Forumite
    I rang up on Friday and asked for my contract to be canceled because of the extra charges, said it would be turned off by monday...and it was!!
    Bring on a new phone :T
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.