We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…5253555758…235

Comments

  • i just took out a contract on saturday, would that still count as the phone i got is rubbish?
  • johhny7
    johhny7 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    dcm2081 wrote: »
    i just took out a contract on saturday, would that still count as the phone i got is rubbish?
    Just phone Orange CS on 150 and tell them you're not happy with the phone you've had with your contract.

    I'm sure they'd go out of their way to replace it and keep you happy in light of all the cancellations they're suffering at the mo......
  • Fila_2
    Fila_2 Posts: 333 Forumite
    dcm2081 wrote: »
    i just took out a contract on saturday, would that still count as the phone i got is rubbish?

    You can go back and cancel it within a few days. There should be no problem. Contact them asap just saying you are not happy with the phone.
  • simate wrote: »
    I've looked at online billing but cannot for the life of me find where calls are listed. :confused:

    Just checked again and I have moved into a new billing cycle so I have viewed my bill online and can see the 08702 call that lasted 7 seconds and cost 4.2exc VAT.

    I have just made another call to 08702xxx and will be able to see this soon on the option to view your usage since your last bill, this is under the view your remaining minutes heading.

    Just waiting for my text, then I will be straight on the blower to cancel.
  • I took out a contract on 22 July- am I affected?
  • robot1000
    robot1000 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Speaking of unlocking phones...

    Does anyone know where I can get an unlock code for the newly released LG Viewty Smart (GC900)?
  • brownmurder
    brownmurder Posts: 455 Forumite
    i need that phone unlocking too
    guy at the shop near me said he would do it and a 5800 for £20
    There is a Money Saving Expert quidclan, next time your on quidco have a look for it
  • bobstheboy
    bobstheboy Posts: 635 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    I have not received a text yet, but have received a very detailed email with all the changes. I emailed them last week and received a reply this morning.

    I believe I have now been informed of the changes by Orange and have the right to cancel before I receive the text.

    Any opinions ?
  • brownmurder
    brownmurder Posts: 455 Forumite
    we all have the right to cancel before the text, but they still wont let you unless you find a nice person to ring
    There is a Money Saving Expert quidclan, next time your on quidco have a look for it
  • simax
    simax Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Fila wrote: »
    You can go back and cancel it within a few days. There should be no problem. Contact them asap just saying you are not happy with the phone.

    Not always the case. If you got your phone direct (eg: Telesales or internet) - you have 7 working days to return the handset under the European Distance Selling regulations.

    Phones 4U offer a 14 day moneyback in store for Orange (although they'll usually deny this).

    All other high street retailers (including Orange Retail) do not offer a 14 day change-of-mind return policy.

    So if you fall into the last bracket, you're stuck with the phone, I'm afraid, and you won't be able to cancel under the new T+C's as you'll have already agreed to the revised charges by signing the contract.
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.