We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
I'm in my last 3 months anyways so I'd have gotten a new phone either way but just think its lame for compared to what they're offering some ppl..
the fact that you are in the last 3 months is possibly a major factor as to why they offered you so little,would be interesting to know how long the guy who said he was offered a good deal had left on his contract and possibly which handset he got on his last renewal.
ive got about 18 months left on two 2 year contracts with handsets that where pretty new at the time so will be eager to see what i will get offered as they will probably lose quite a lot losing these contracts.
will post back tommorow with regards what happens.0 -
I've just cancelled mine and got the PUK code sent out citing the terms and conditions changes. To be honest, Im glad to see the back of Orange after 12 months of poor quality reception and service in the area I work, and my phone has broken 3 times.
I just have 2 questions...........
1 - I did not buy my phone from Orange directly [I used dial-a-phone]. Does this affect the situation? My bills are from Orange, but I pressume dial-a-phone would have some say in all this?
2 - Do I have to send back the phone? I am 9 months into an 18 month contract on the Dolphin 35 contract [600 mins, unlimited texts]?
Thanks. :TDebt LIGHTBULB Moment - Sept 2009 - *** DEBT FREE SEPT 2020
Coventry BS Loan - was £21300. Now £0 CLOSED Northern Rock Loann - was £7500. Now £0 CLOSED Egg Card - was £5300. Now £0 CLOSED.Capital One Card - was £5550. Now £0 CLOSED Cahoot Overdraft - was £1500. Now £0 CLOSED.0 -
Just cancelled my 18 month contract, i was 12 months into it, no questions asked, literally just said i want to cancel because i recieved the text which is a breach of contract, and id like to request my pac. The guy put me on hold, come back and said thats all done for you fine, confirmed no charge, and ill get a credit back for part of this months payment as i already paid my bill!
:-) super happy! bring on the iPhone!0 -
Deleted User wrote: »If this is a repeat post on this thread, I apologise.
Guy at disconnections says I will not be affected.
I am looking at the June price price for PAYM, and the July Price plan for PAYM, both state 5p minimum call charge for my 24m Dolphin40.
Can anyone give a definitve answer. Will ALL contracts be affected or not?
Has anyone else got a Dolphin40 taken out in June? Were you successful in cancelling?
Thanks.
Not sure whether it is the same (I was 12 months into my contract) but we were also told we won't be affected - as we never go out of our free minutes.
but that is completely beside the point - noone knows what usage I will do in future and I signed contract for 5p not 15p, breach of T&C and I want to cancel.
Maybe they meant the same thing?
Did they say "not affected" or that you CANNOT cancel the contract?0 -
platterfish wrote: »Just cancelled my 18 month contract, i was 12 months into it, no questions asked, literally just said i want to cancel because i recieved the text which is a breach of contract, and id like to request my pac. The guy put me on hold, come back and said thats all done for you fine, confirmed no charge, and ill get a credit back for part of this months payment as i already paid my bill!
:-) super happy! bring on the iPhone!
HAD you actually received the text....or did you just tell them that you had?
I've rang three times and each time been told I must wait for it to come through...they'd looked on the system and could see that I've not received it myself yet! :rolleyes:0 -
I phoned to cancel my contract and after holding for about 40 mins as they are "very busy" managed to get through and asked for PAC. They do check to see if you have received the text as she told me the date I had mine. The PAC will be with me in 3 working days and no further charges will appear other than my final bill... They do try and offer you further things to get you to stay though but if you just say "no" they seem to accept it and take you out of contract.0
-
HAD you actually received the text....or did you just tell them that you had?
I've rang three times and each time been told I must wait for it to come through...they'd looked on the system and could see that I've not received it myself yet! :rolleyes:
Yes, i recieved it about a week and a half ago :-)0 -
ive got about 18 months left on two 2 year contracts with handsets that where pretty new at the time so will be eager to see what i will get offered as they will probably lose quite a lot losing these contracts.
will post back tommorow with regards what happens.
You'll be offered your PAC code or a disconnection date.
Orange will make a loss on the people cancelling, but over the very long term, they'll make the losses back.I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂0 -
You'll be offered your PAC code or a disconnection date.
Orange will make a loss on the people cancelling, but over the very long term, they'll make the losses back.
wrong....
got an extra £10 off the phone on racoon 25 so paying £9.74 for 400 minutes,300 texts and unlimited landlines.
on the other phone also got extra £10 off so paying just under £25 for 1200 minutes 500 texts unlimited landlines and 500mb internet.
was a very nice customer service woman at first would only offer £5 off the lower tarrif and £10 off the other but quoted some deals i had seen on here and she gave £10 off each line.
quite happy with the outcome she was very pleasent and helpfull to speak to.
she did also raise a valid point that with many people cancelling and maybe selling phones that maybe the bottom may drop out of the second hand phone market for a short time.
all in all over the remaining term of my contracts will be saving £340...
thankyou orange.0 -
i phoned up and the guy offered me 200 extra minutes and £10 off
i declined because i want a new phone!
was no hassle and he didnt ask any questions apart from had i got the text!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards