We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…5455575960…235

Comments

  • Just called up 150, selection the option to speak to someone about leaving orange, a person call Steve answered the phone, took all my details and confirmed that both of my phones would be cancelled tomorrow without charge.

    Sorted!

    Cheers
  • actually, I have one of these mobile broadband deals as well, does this price increase apply to the mobile broadband connection at all?

    Thanks
  • scousers
    scousers Posts: 52 Forumite
    i am with orange due an upgrade in december paying £10 a month for 3oo mins and 100 text unlimited land line calls phoned 150 to see what they can offer me so they halved my price plan to £5 a month and doubled the minutes to 6oo mins for the remainer of the contract not bad hai thanx
  • Sorry guys, can anyone tell me if this applies to business contracts ?
  • popsi
    popsi Posts: 19 Forumite
    Hi all,

    I cancelled my contract on the weekend and Orange have said it'll be 30 days before I get my new PAYG sim. Is there a quicker way to cancel and still keep my number or will I have to wait?
  • claire6hy
    claire6hy Posts: 967 Forumite
    popsi wrote: »
    Hi all,

    I cancelled my contract on the weekend and Orange have said it'll be 30 days before I get my new PAYG sim. Is there a quicker way to cancel and still keep my number or will I have to wait?


    funny, they told me my sim would take 2-3 days!
    ask for your pac code!
    THANK MEEE:j
  • Hi all!!!!
    I took my contract out at the start of July 09 and am fed up with their service, I have no reception anywhere, anyway I rang them up. I was told that I would not be effected because the contract I had signed up for included the price increases which are coming into effect on the 14 september 09. The agent also told me that all contracts taken out after June 09 included the new terms and so would not be effected. Is this right?, or has the agent been b/s to me?
    Thanks!
  • sjc_2
    sjc_2 Posts: 685 Forumite
    Just called and cancelled my Wife's contract, was initially offered a £5/Mth discount & 200 extra minutes. But opted to cancel and take the PAC code. Which they advised will be with us in 3-5 days via post.

    Also advised that the contract will expire 30 days from today so 2nd September, 2009. Confirmed with them it will end the contract because of the T's & C's changes and I will owe no further money to them. Requested it in writing which they say they will send but not that confident they will. Anyone else had written confirmation of the cancellation?
    Cheers
    Steve
  • brownmurder
    brownmurder Posts: 455 Forumite
    im pretty sure any after june 1st accepted the new terms
    There is a Money Saving Expert quidclan, next time your on quidco have a look for it
  • johhny7
    johhny7 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    im pretty sure any after june 1st accepted the new terms

    There are loads of people that have been allowed to cancel that have signed up as late as July.....
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.